What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

using Magnets on your plants

DrFever

Veteran
I will be doing a experiment with 3 plants out of 9 total plants, which i will be adding magnets on either side of soil , in there totes. in a controlled room C02 added under 1000 watts Scrog
The reason behind using magnets is that water , fertilizers are actually molecules when placing molecules thru a magnetic field amazing things happen. Like molecular movement.
Molecules will be moving faster actually vibrating in suspension w placing magnets on either side of pot hopefully will hold nutrients up and allow roots to actually pick and choose what it needs, Now this is going to be pretty neat and hopefully before long everyone might try this if it works out

The Earth in itself is a magnet. The dynamo theory relates magnetism and earth. It states that kinetic energy is converted to magnetic energy through electrically conducting fluid. Earth possesses this electrically conducting fluid at its core, which is the reason for earth's magnetism. A magnetic dipole is formed on the earth, one known as the North pole and the other as the South pole. An hypothetical line joining these poles is called the earth's axis of rotation. This magnetic property of Earth is referred to as geomagnetism.

MissKittyKat

how large are the magnets you are using? Do you have a side by side comparison photo?

You see all these magnetic braclets for people but I think its all bullshit. Maybe I am wrong but I wore one and it did nothing for me

Bobbles

Just did some research came across some kids science project using radishes and magnets. He was trying to achieve something else however the plants nearest the magnets grew taller. This should be an interesting experiment and there does seem to be some science behind this.

Awesome! Hope you post lots of pics and log all the info.

Some people bury magnets in the soil to help grow trees it would seem to work like electrical energy also helps it also helps people I had a nasty back injury for months then I put a large fridge magnet on the sore area and it works.

DrFever

Veteran
Hey all for for sure i will be taking day by day pics and allowing all of you to compare the differences between plants
Still waiting on magnets thinking of using the ones farmers put in cows in case they eat nails or other metals.
This project will start Oct 7 when i transplant them into 5 gallon totes i will use magnets thru out veg and flower transplanting them into 34 gallon totes for flower Presently on day 10 Veg
one 1000 watt , 1200 ppm of C02 temps 86 lights on 72 off RH lights on 50 - 60 , lights off 60 - 70

I am wondering should i place magnets in the actual North and south position or go East and west ????

guineapig

Veteran
Yes I would suggest larger magnets as well.

I recall there were many Russian studies with electromagnetism, claiming increased yield
and faster germination and such. I don't remember seeing many other nations that had
seriously investigated this subject. It seemed to fascinate the Russian plant scientists,
especially in the early to mid 20th century.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

gtgio

Someone say magnets? How do they work?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

magnets.jpg

S

swisscheese

Interesting I'm subscribed but how does the experiment start on the 7th of September?

supermanlives

Veteran
hey why not. its worth a try. gonna need some serious magnets to make any kind of difference i would imagine.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Many years ago, Green Air sold units that you put inline with your watering hose, that did the same exact thing your describing, with magnets and such, I remember the unit was $240 and it was literally the worst investment ive ever made....

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
A Large Tesla Coil with grounds to all your pots, it would be a cannabis Lightning show, cool but wouldn't help the plants.

Water molecule does have a magnetic dipole, as the water would pass through the magnetic field it would simply align with the direction of north on your Magnet.

heavy metals in the water may be inclined to stay behind being attracted to the flux lines.

don't think it would hurt but I think a cooler experiment would be the electromagnet switching poles at 60hz.

Latest posts

Latest posts