What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird 3 point leaves

As you can see from the pic, I have two plants that have mega leaves, they look like 3 leaves in one...

The seeds are Sam the Skunkman mixed x skunk/haze... Check out the leaves of the plant on the front left...

Is something wrong or just a indica strain?

View attachment 183533

medicalmj

Veteran
I've seen some wierd leaves before and all was well. As long as they dont get twisted, distorted, or develop a mosaic pattern I woudlnt fret it. Also the new growth looks like the blades are seprerated. Looks like fat indica. Throw up some pics in couple weeks.

Smoking Gun

The plant on the right looks perfectly normal. The plant on the left looks like it has the duck's foot trait. Wally Duck, and Australian breeder actually bred a plant to grow leaves that look like that, it was called Ducks Foot, because that is what the leaves look for. It made a good outdoor strain because the leaves do not look like typical Cannabis leaves so someone may simply walk past it not realizing what they are looking at. I don't think anything is wrong with your plants, you may in fact have found a special plant.

That's interesting... Wish I could send Sam the Skunkman an message and see what he thinks they are since they are his seeds...

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
It will probably end up growing out and forming normal leaves as she ages, but hopefully not. Looks really cool! You would always know if it was your cut or not. Good luck and keep posting, it will be interesting to see if she keeps the same leaf trait or not.

TGT

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jonnyrotten...bro you gata a Ducksfoot or possibly a HawWebbed Indica.....and it wont grow out of it...It will however form 2 small side leaves and appear sort of standard at some point..you have a very unique variety there man...
guess ole Sam was messin with some Webs..
These are the Kahili Webs by CK2 which is HawWebbed Indica Im running atm...post some pics as they dev if you would..it looks healthy man and keep your dial range cause its doin good...

honestly were talking both or either far as what they are...If your from Aussi land and used Wallyducks or Ducksfoot then its called that..If you tried a HawaiianWeb your dealing with a variety from the Islands..Far as I see its the same variety just diff 2 regional genetic tags on them...Also I always assume they can show both Indica and Sativa phenom types..which can be environ dependent..What yo have tho could easily look like a DFoot or HWeb but since Sam hybred with another line the other lines traits could show in the bud form and/or final profiles...Will be interesting to say the least...power to it and keep rollin
FOE20

Attachments

• HWIndveg7_10-01-12.jpg
    HWIndveg7_10-01-12.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 31
  • HWIndveg3_10-01-12.jpg
    HWIndveg3_10-01-12.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 36
  • HWIndveg1_10-01-12.jpg
    HWIndveg1_10-01-12.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 34
  • HWIndveg9_10-01-12.jpg
    HWIndveg9_10-01-12.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 34

vukman

Veteran
damn!!!!!!!! now talk about a 'sleeper'!! If you could keep the genetics like that and breed that trait into next generations, guerilla gardening would blow up. I mean some of those pictures don't even look like......well, you know!!! :)
Especially if it's a low odour species. Even if that is not in the radar, it's still a very unique looking strain which, in my opinion, should try to be preserved.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its been around a while vukman and that intention could of been part of it back in the day when whoever isolated these...But its unlike any other Ive ever run in form...Im feeding easy like a standard canna plant atm...
not sure which I heard of first but almost all haw herb is a import anyway...So could of easily been a Ducksfoot far as original origin...
Thing is tho lets say Sam chimes in and says it was a Ducksfoot...this still says little for the plants we both have that looks to similar to argue...and why I feel their quite related to start...
Also early leaves resemble strawberry foliage so you may of heard of StrawberryWebs to...and if I recall the HWInd or Webs can show pink pistils...curious on what we'll see as well....keep rollin
FOE20

I did find a list of possible crosses and one of them lists Hawaiian indica... I have two of these plants... I'll take some clones before putting them into flower..maybe I'll have a male and female....

My plants look just like those but a darker green...

Sleestack/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1
KandyKush/Sk1 XHaze/Sk1
OG18/Sk1 XHaze/Sk1
Hindu Kush X Sk
Hindu Kush/Sk1 X Sk1
Cal Orange/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1
Afgh #1 X Sk1
NLA/Sk1 X Sk1
G13/Sk1 X Sk1
OTP/Sk1 X Sk1
OTR/Sk1 X Sk1
Original Haze X Original Haze
Original Haze/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1
Original Haze/Sk1 x HawaiianIndica7 X Haze/Sk1
Original Haze/Sk1 x Sk1 X Haze/Sk1
Original Haze/Sk1 x LP1 X Haze/Sk1
Import Afgh/Sk1 X Sk1

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats them jonnyrotton..I learned a long time ago different breeds and or breeders can associate different names to the same lines...What you really gata follow is the Plants first...
Its a Indica..so we usually start by base type...Then regional type aka - Hawaiian or possible Aussi in our case...So out of that we have 2 relative factors that connect the line...Now the only diff left are direct Profile Traits of that Line...So then we have Ducksfeet, Webs and Strawberry all related to visual traits...I could see these also being called the Elephant Ear back in the day...
I'd say you got it tho if those were the strains Sam used its def a HawWebbed Indica..and now it has told us...lookin forward to what we see in these and keep rollin
FOE20

Well, I don't know how to ask Sam or I would... They are much slower growing than the other seeds in this mix and not nearly as bushy...

Smoking Gun

thats them jonnyrotton..I learned a long time ago different breeds and or breeders can associate different names to the same lines...What you really gata follow is the Plants first...
Its a Indica..so we usually start by base type...Then regional type aka - Hawaiian or possible Aussi in our case...So out of that we have 2 relative factors that connect the line...Now the only diff left are direct Profile Traits of that Line...So then we have Ducksfeet, Webs and Strawberry all related to visual traits...I could see these also being called the Elephant Ear back in the day...
I'd say you got it tho if those were the strains Sam used its def a HawWebbed Indica..and now it has told us...lookin forward to what we see in these and keep rollin
FOE20

I do believe Wally's Ducksfoot is a sativa plant. However, I could be mistaken. So I would be more inclined to assume it is the Hawaiian Webbed Indica that is bringing that trait out. But it is a beautiful trait, great for outdoor grows, and unique. Those are some nice looking plants Johnny.

FOE20

Parthenocarpe Diem
ICMag Donor
Veteran
jonnyrotten Sam does dig good cannabis and if anything threads like this that show diversity will def get his attention..

SmokinGun indeed....I look at it as the same like..In Aussi land they go through a much harsher envrio where in Hawaii its the lap of luxury...Naturally allof of Aussi herb has a normal Tall form giving it the Sativa relation...But grow that same variety in the GreatWhiteNorth in a fast Cold brutal climate and it will look quite diff..In size ansd even change its flower windows as well...But genetic form should stay quite consistent...This may sound open ended and 2 sided but it can be...
Unique foliage is its key trait for sure...So I was looking at it more of the lines are the same..Whether the names are or not...
What can be a issue is how they are named which as were talking now can get cloudy quicky...I have a few HawIndica hybrid...So now am I to believe these are all HawWebbs or Ducksfoot proto-types?...Cause theres allot of diff varieties on the Islands that would be considered Indica as well as many Sativas...Heres another loop tho...
These can form whats known as Stretch Indica meaning a Indica formed bud on a Sativa form body...They run a lil longer and take a bit longer to budset but then can finish rather quickly giving the buds very Indica looking qualities..Lots of variables to consider...but in my eyes its the plant first which were agreeing on...So we have both HawWebs and Ducksfoot views...So with no name associated we look at form..
The 1 he shows looks between the way mine are growing...I show 3, 2 lil tallker and 1 short and very stout...Why the differential?...Mainly cause the 2 I have that are taller were fed less and kept futher from teh Light Source..The Short stout 1 was over fed and kept Closer to the light so it didn;t need to stretch and had plenty of food to utilize..
So are they Sativas or Indicas?...Well expression is 50/50...50% enviro and 50% genetic...We know the genetic end to a point..And my Enviro is showing 2 variations of expression...If I boost the fed on teh 2 they will darken, slow pace and thicken up but is this what I want?...No cause I like the look of the middle of this which would be middle ground between Sativa and Indica form....This is why I feel jonnyrotten is getting a very good expression and his nute line and ways of use are well suited for these types..
Im getting diff expression cause Im using stronger nutes on some and putting others in diff zones of my room to See Variations in their expression...Im not just growing them Im studying them so its a must to understand every aspect of their genetic expressions as possible..And being indoor may hinder some but its also a great tool if we use them to support correct cannabis expression mostly first...
We can try to simplify the whole thing with our terms but in reality Plants are very complex and should be treated with respect to their true nature..Hope that makes sense and dont mean to impose...Its supposed to be a free world so enjoy it...
FOE20

Wow Foe20, you've definitely made this thread more interesting and full of information!

Actually, I have two of these plants... I doubt I will breed them but I am going to try and clone them before I flower them... They are smaller than anything else I've got, so I'm probably veg them for awhile and take a couple shots at clones if I need to...

Also, am not sure if he will get it but I sent Sam a pm telling him about the thread and asked him to comment if he would like... It would be really cool to hear what he has to say about it... He's probably forgotten more than I will ever know about cannabis but it is an exciting plant and I enjoy learning about it.

Latest posts

Latest posts