From my personall experience , I have used gels clonex and powder Rootfast by mirracle grow. Do you no wich is best by my tests? THE CMEMORY POWDER wins hands down. I have had mixed results with the gel , the powder near 100% succes roots in 7 to 10 days guarantee. I cant believer I spent 20 bucks on some shit that goes bad in a few months. Thats another thing I never dipped into the clonex jar and it still whent funky in a littel while. Here is how I clone.
1. You must prep the clone on the plant itself.
2.Keep the top two nodes on the branch and cut off the lower ones till you have 2 inch bare stem uder the two remaining nodes. Leave this dont cut of yet
3. Give the clone ,still on the donar plant , a hair cutt . Trim the leaves by cutting them in half so the whont wilt so much.
4. Do this to all the branches you whant to turn into clones.
5. Leave them on the donor plant for 24hrs. This gives time to let the clone heal its wounds much better.
6. Now you can take your clones with only one cutt to the clone to remove it. No more trimming neccesary.
7. Now you need to scrape the lower part of the clone stem. Scrape just a little enough to scratch the stem, not scrape into the inside. Do this will all of them and place in water.
8. Now you dip them in ROOTING POWDER or gel , powder is better and faster.Then have your cubes ready rockwool not soaking. This another Huge mistake newbies make they drench the medium . You whant your cloning medium on the dry side , not dripping with water.Squeeze the excess water out of the cubes ,till there just moist all the way through not wet.
9.Place your clones in a humidity dome or ziploc bags work great too for 7 to 10 days.
There you have it , all my misery cloning in aero , soil , rockwool , gels , powders etc. This is the method that works. Prep not Technology.
from powder to cube to the soil. btw its a gdp in the blue cup the cube is grapefruit.