What's new

AHH! What did we do?Sup y'all? Ok, I am not sure exactly what is going wrong here. 10

Sup y'all?
Ok, I am not sure exactly what is going wrong here. 100 gal smart pots with roots 707 soil, advanced nutrients 2 part heavy harvest program. Definitely applied more nutes a bit too early, and watered twice as heavy as normal last week. Perhaps that would explain the scorchy look, but the dull, listless, lifeless wilt is unfamiliar too me. I don't know, but if anyone has any insight on what is going on here, and/or what we can do about it, that would be delightful.
Thanx,
SquareDiesel

vukman

Veteran
whoa!! damn brother....let them dry out!! that's called 'too much love'.....

I had to learn something real early in my so-called growing career....less is more...!!!!!! That is the best damn piece of advice I've ever gotten and that I could ever pass on!
You can always add more but you can never take it out once it's in there..

Good Luck

You've got 3 fertilizer sources in those pots. You've got all the nutrients in the 707 (which really isn't that much). But then you added Heavy Harvest, which is a slow release fertilizer, which I believe feeds everything you need for 4-6 weeks. Then you're piling liquid nutes on top of all that. I'd give them pH'ed plain water for a couple weeks, making sure to let the top 2 inches of soil dry out between waterings and waiting until they start to look good again, then you might want to gradually add another fertilizer as the stuff in the soil gets used up.

highonmt

Veteran
What did you do...too much fiddling...nutes, more nutes and double water . This is the reason I recommend soil less or at least semi soiless media for new growers. You can fix yer fiddling and screwin up in a few days rather than a few weeks. Best of luck and listen to the above advice flush um and then let um be for a bit. Good luck on a tasty harvest..also do you have a ph meter or drops..if not git you sum .
HM

So...

So...

picture.php
So, my partner is CONVINCED that this issue is due to some sort of virus, as the plants deteriorated very rapidly, and seem to be showing no signs of improvement. Wsup yo? Help us out, n tell us what you know!
And Thank You in advance for sharing your knowledge. I will do my best to offer any advice I am confident with in the future.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
If your partner thinks it's a virus. FIND ANOTHER PARTNER CAUSE HE'S TOO DAMN DUMB TO KNOW HE OVER FED, OVER WATERED AND FUCKED THEM UP. Can't offer any better advice than that.

DrFever

Veteran
IMO i would transplant them ASAP with new soil then PRAY if you flushed plants did you check runoff ph and ppm ???? that be first thing i would do foilage spray just water later on at night help keep moisture in the leafs cause it appears there drying out fast

medicalmj

Veteran
Yeah, resin gots it right...ain't no viris. I actually have a TMV infected plant. The genetics are so awesome that I'm keepin her. Got the clone from a bunch o chain smokers. From the get go new growth will sometimes exhibit distorted leaves with a mosaic pattern. If shes not too stressed its mostly cosmetic. Although I am real careful not to cross contaminate. This girl is the best genetics i got for all the important qualities. High yield, great taste and smell, and really potent. Supposed to be a blueberry x train wreck.

As far as what to do, the Dr. might have the best answer as you cant really flush it. That's why I always go with fast draining mix if I am going that route. I actually prefer Sunshine #4 soilless mix w a little extra perlite. Easy to flush but you gotta keep up on the watering, which it looks like you are.

Fast draining soilless is probably better suited to your growing style!