What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AUTO FEED 2K Sour Dub syphon effect fixed

Vegan

hey all,:woohoo:

let me just start this post i had most of this stuff laying around so the cost was minimal on this set up. :laughing:

the reason i have it set up this way is total last resort for me, i read a bunch of what i could and im sure theres a simple answer but i couldnt get it .

basically i wanted to be able to water from a central res to a drip line configuration, i was planning a simple
gravity feed system, but the pressure was diffrent at all ends of the feed lines

i keep getting syphon issues from all my set ups,

i wanted something similar to blumats but couldnt afford the system at the time or now for that matter, :biggrin:

so my coco loves multiple feedings a day
that said i started having problems getting to the grow twice a day,

i started with drip lines to all my pots, great then i added a small submersible pump to a res and wolla!! that with a intermitent timers would fire up threee times a day , then a runaway :bump:

20 gallons syphoned out on the ground,

so
i have to have the res lower than the pots .. either raise the pots or lower the res otherwise i get a syphon effect from al my attemps, heres my answer,

a small pump flows to the feeder bucket

the the large submersible pump im the feeded bucket gets the pressure up to par..

the solenoid in the valve opens and the lines feed each pot

i can dial in each plant if i want with some little valves lol

if i do get a runaway it will only be a gallon or so:moon:

so a little help if you have a link paste it so i can get rid of the feeder bucket

any ideas ??

Vegan

so a small pump from the rez

which goes to the feeder bucket

then the large pump get the pressure up for the valve on the timer

then that the valve set up

all of this on a timer and a relay pump start

all this so i can auto feed these girls i can leave them for a week at a time if i like

the floors are lined with some thick plastic for runaway syphon effect and washing down at the end of runs.

Vegan

ok had some issues with the server lol , happened to me before for sure,,
so the fix for all my syphon dilemehh i was posting ..lol had that happen before ,,any one else?

so the fix for my dilema is this

the pump goes from the res and flow only over the the top,
i let gravity drain the solution into the feeder bucket

here the zip tie goes through a hole in the side of the black vinly tube i am using to splice a siphon effect proof conection to my lower res,

the elbow isnt pushed into the black tube more its held on by the zip tie

and the garden hose is push real tight into the black tube to creat a nice seal..

so thoughts, ideas , comments

oh and this is new finally got the room plumed ( well kinda ) for water from the well

and the culprit for all my woes , 12 lines and expandable to whatever i like