What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need Advice lamping tha minigrow

skaZe

yo guys,

ever since I've used the fluorescent tube's for checking plants gender, I've wondered how a plant goes under that lil light.

Just once I had a haze standing in that "sexingroom" for over a month and she looked delicious, even she was tiny.

So I've thought up, since this haze is nice genetics but im currently wanting to grow fast growing plants in my big flowering room, to raise some of these cute hazies meanwhile easy in my wardrobe.

I just wanted to add a wooden board into that wardrobe,
adding a computer fan on the back pushing in some air,
while the fronts just covered with any light blockin plastic,the one I do grab first wins.

As for the lights, I planned adding 3
fluorescent tube's, wanted to mix 2-1, just dont know which ones gives out a respectable lightmix.

I know theres no big buds comin out, just thinkin bout lettin that run by the way to safe me some of this haze smoke.
That plant was so hell covered with trichromes under 400w, it definetly will grow enough to get high even under that lamps I guess lol

And no, im not gettin ANY 2nd HPS.. not even 150w lol, I seriously want these low lights so i can keep that plants without a big air system. Opening the it two times daylie greeting the plants +that computer fan should support enough air.

Any opinions?

btw, ye just having a smoke and some boredom~

skaZe

If someones missing the question,

its mainly about which fluorescent tube's to use for some idial THC grow on that lowlvl.
And i wonder, sicne LED is totally getting famous, isnt there any cheapshit LED strings or stabs, with attractive lightout for flower?

skaZe

Sry for tha triplepost just cant edit my posts.Same for all the typos.

Heres an idea of what im talking about, since in the past months lot of new LED products were released i thought theres might something useful with these useful LED's.

Im out for a nap

gtgio

Hey man, I think PL-L bulbs are the best in terms of light penetration with CFLs, and they dont create too much heat either.

check out this thread for more PL L info
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=132787&page=52

and here's the microgrow I got going on with PL-L bulbs...Its in a 4 foot high tent but i could easily get by with 2x2x2 I think. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242819&page=2

You're gonna have to do some pretty intense training to make the most of the small space i guess

skaZe

Wow man funny thought,

im having such CFL for my mums, 2x 36w if im right, maybe they're 55w though.
Never thoght bout using that one for it i wonder, its true there are some sold for flowering.

But not sure if we talk about the same, have to get used to eng version of naming everything in the cannabusiness. If you wouldnt mind, send me a link to this product per PM so i can see its size aswell.

skaZe

Wish I could edit this into the post above~

Anyway, updated my mind about that.
Theres a shop i trust selling some TNeon 2x 55w flowering CFL, like 2700Kelvin and 7600 Lumen.
I wonder if its worth the 70bucks.

So I guess a mod scrog will be doing fine in this lil room.
Having 4 plants filling the scrog window, and just letting the colas grow up.

too lazy to draw the scrog window, would us a stable wood one, adding "rails" into the wardrobe makin it easy to remove and fix after cut.

But I wonder how many sq. feet I should have in height atleast.

Using that CFL would fix the seriously missing yellowlike light im used to flower plants with, which im used by my fluorescent tube's (6,2 -6,5 kelvin) puts out.

skaZe

Rly rly sry for that tripple post again, if any bored adm around feel free to make it one post.

Im posting it anyway since it might fastup stuff here.

Cause i found another trustworthy shop which has PL-L's to sell.
Aswell 2x 55W for around 70bucks, choosable lights from 830 over 840 to 860.
So i could take the lamp with 2x 860, and a seperate 830 for the cuts to get roots and first time of vegative phase.
As soon as theire ready switching in the 2 860 and starting 12/12.

So now which one might be a better choose?
That CFL or PL-L ?
Still need a minimum height btw, and wondering how long a raise of a plant in modular scrog takes? I would like to let it run mostly in flowering stage, might be better using many plants in small pots?

skaZe

Thx alot for the help.
PL-L running fine, if its worth the Watt we'll see.

As for this thread not beein a waste, I'll go n add some pictures.

Sry the first ten pics are missing, made em with phone but dont got my cable now with me here in netcafe.

Setup: rly easy, just watch the pic ^^, costs around 150bucks for everythin (inclusive quality seeds)

skaZe

too lazy to build up germany quality, im gonna add some real door after the first run.

airpack on the back, well its to cover outcoming light.

not rly covering the light, and ugly

So added another

skaZe

And finally these cuties got home.

12x SuperSkunk from AMS seeds, 2 phenos.
might be this Strains last run, got some new stuff.

Inside Temperature currently 31°C (89°F)

Theres only supply air, no active exhaust air but holes and scribes for passive ex. air.

These are 840. lights for the VEG, as im switching in 2 830. soon for the flower.

greetz

Swan Lee

Hi,I'd say 89f is way too high .75-78 seems to be the optimum temp,but up to 84 seems acceptable in vegging.
What size is this cab ?i'm thinking you should have 2 fans,1 in & 1 out.

skaZe

31.8°C atm.

usually im fine with whatever down below 32°C
The Fan currently hits the wall, not straight on the lamp, the plants are too low for that yet.

I'll keep an eye on that, might get a 2nd pcfan letting it run on half volt exhausting air.
But outside's temperature is starting to fall anyway.

Guess that'll be coming later, with the door.

Edit: back down to 31.2°C after opening the front a min.

NextDay'sEdit: ~29°C now, whiles outsides Temp is same as yesterdays. opened the room just once yet.
Guess passive ex. air holes were blocked.

3rd Day, cuties lookin well

gotta fix their height now for flowering