What's new

HELP me to Define 2 Deceases Please !

thefanfx

Decease two

Decease two

Second decease

The leaves are loosing their shape , and each strain is twisted and deformed

Please help me to define both deceases , i have them on my both plants , different on each WTF :(

vukman

Veteran
the first looks like the infamous 'nutrient burn claw' or heat stress claw....... As I say, looks like, you didn't go into any details about anything so it's hard to give better advice.

The second, just from looking are rather dark green for the pictures which once again would generally indicate too much nitrogen.

That is my 2 bits of info for all that it's worth my friend. Don't have much experience so don't put too much value into it......just going by looks here.

Good Luck

thefanfx

well the temperature is 24 degree :( so it's not heat issue

about the second one nitrogen ? can you give me more information about this kind of issue ? how can be fixed and what cause it ?

Thanks for all in advance.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
- What growing medium are you using?

- What is the pH (in the rez, or when you water and then runoff from the bottom of the pot too)

- What are you feeding it?

thefanfx

- What growing medium are you using?
don't know what you mean ? soil is BioBizz medium , plants are WW and AK

- What is the pH (in the rez, or when you water and then runoff from the bottom of the pot too)

pH shows 7 soil and 7.1 water , feeding them once per 48 hours with 1/5 water to soil ratio

- What are you feeding it?

Plagron Alga Bloom organic 1/250 ratio half cap per 1.5 liter bottle

i will try tomorrw to lower the pH whit backing soda to 6.5 and as well will buy something about nitrogen deficiency

dunno what else to do

GL

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
"Nitrogen claw" is given by nitrogen toxicity (too much N) and not a N deficiency.
Also, if it's really N toxicity (and I think it is), lowering the PH now would just make it worst by making more N available to the plants.

how much N is in the fert you using? and how is the usual recommended dosage compared to what you're feeding?

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
his plagron alga-bloom is 5.6 - 12 - 10

TBH, best bet is to probably just flush the plant with a bit of extra water at this point and watch them.

Alga-Bloom is pretty forgiving in a soilless/soil type medium and usually doesn't require too much guess work

thefanfx

hey

i'm not using any Nitrogen to feed them

about the watering i even over-watered them , last 10 days i used double pure water (tapwater with pH 7.1) than normal and at the end i just got too much leaves down instead to clean the soil

so i need something other , should i increase the pH then ? i'm thinking even to lower the watering instead per 48 to 72 hours to give a chance to dry the soil

i lowered the Alga-Bloom feeding to 1/2 than normal last 2 times after 10 days on pure water but still nothing , i'm out of ideas , i can go and buy any product tomorrow but i have no idea what's causing the problem and i can go even worst if i add something without to be sure

and just to be even worst both plants have these 2 different deceases , and i grow them on completely same way and are on same age

GL and thanks

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
No, you should not raise the PH. You could do a flush if you think there's too much N in the soil. Plain water (or feeds without N, maybe a PK booster if you have any) should solve the problem, but keep in mind that the affected tissue would not get better. Look for changes in the unaffected parts of the plants. Usually tops are a great indicator of what's happening.

And I was talking about the N in the Alga-Mic, not about you adding plain N.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Check your plants with a powerful loupe or a microscope..100X will work. You are looking for microscopic pests, broad/cyclamen mites on the leaves, bulb mites on the roots. Difficult to see. Eggs are usually more prominent. After having broad mites, I always check everything with a microscope.

thefanfx

hey

after 10 days on pure water the tops are healthy green and straight up not dying at all

but the big leaves are going to hell and i have no idea how it will grow only with huge buds on the top and no leaves

about the mites i had thrips but i used 4 days Lavender water and i killed them all , there are no bugs at all not under or over the leaves or into the soil i examined all dead leaves and about the root mites well you never know usually , but i'm almost sure that there are no bugs , the soil is 100% clean in package from the shop , there is no outside access it grows in my kitchen , and as far as i know the bugs will became visible at one moment and i had this problem from almost 20 days

i think it's all because of some element some kind of deficiency but i can't clarify it , i think i burned them at the beginning and since then i can fix them

GL

vukman

Veteran
Hiya..........looks like you got some answers there but I could swear that in my first posting I wrote nutrient burn claw or heat claw and with the second plant, I mentioned too much nitrogen, not a deficiency. All we can do is guess at stuff here and go by the pictures you've posted. The only reason I mentioned the toxicity is the deep green coloration of the leaves. I see someone else seems to think it's the same issue.

I'm glad to read your last post with the healthy new growth, seems to lend credence to a toxicity issue of some sort (whether nitrogen or not).........just glad to see it's somewhat solved.

I've had to learn the hard way too that 'less is more'......it's easier to fix a deficiency rather than a toxicity.....

Good Luck.

P.S. whenever I get advice here, I always back it up with a search on the net to get a better grasp on what people are talking about........:)

The virus I have

The virus I have

The virus I have resembles some of your pics. That does not mean you have a virus. It looks like a heat issue and a ph issue.But, that is one of the typical signs of the virus I have. And have been dealing with for a couple of years. If you start to get really ragged edges on mostly lower leaf and some yellowing in bands and holes in leaf you may want to consider you have a virus. Many are skeptical about virus's and I cannot name the exact virus I have but it is a virus. I had something amazing happen the other day. I went outside to look and inspect my foliage around my house ...some potted patio plants and bushes and hedges around my home and found exact pattern on the leaf of most of the plants around my house. Holes in leaf ragged edges and tips of leaf twisting to one side. EXACTLY..like my indoor virus and this was so easy to do I never thought of doing this until the other day. And , WHAM..,"Lightbuld above head"...! I live where there is Alfalfa and all sorts of other plant material that come in the form of live stock feed. Although I am pretty sure I got this virus from a dispensary and it spead backwards from my room to the outside from small knats ect,ect...Cause I had never seen this before in the last thirty years in the same spot I have always been. The virus deniers can speak about this it's America. But I know what I know.Asprin (baby uncoated ) asprin in first weeks of flower I use one per about two gallons in rez for first few weeks then maybe once more foliar spray maybe at five weeks. Helps a lot.Now on my second full rebuy of all hydro equiptment in one year. But after my outdoor inspection I'm preety sure I'm toast until I can move to Oregon like I have been wanting to do for the last two decades (money only thing stopping us).All the very best...

(edit)...I have a very clean grow room, I have "hepa air filtration" small bugs get in and out I don't care how carefull a person is. JMHO.

Allmost forgot one last thing. My desperate effort...I gotta keep trying things and fighting (Thats just the way I am).Sooo...I went to to local Hommey De-pot..and bought some (a lot) of a systemic ground soak for trees bushes ect, that is supposed to kill all kinna flying bugs..last gasp of a dying man..spent half the day watering in this systemic to all the affected plants around the house.Gotta try at least.

And to completely finish this discussion. NO-BUGS>>>just to let people know how serious I have taken this issue. Have "test plants' inspected with 100X scope for months (6) and soaked in "Judo" for two applications over those six months. I have had bugs before it's NOT BROAD MITES or any other bug roots are white and healthy no bugs there either.

Last edited:

thefanfx

well

today i just removed all dead leaves and even cut the edges of these which where already brown dead

i gave them more airflow with fan blowing directly to their steams

another 2 cups per plant of pure water and now the only thing which i can do is to hope , they are already 6 weeks in flowering , 2 more and i can harvest without any worries , the big one already smells like candy :) and the other one is with more natural smell so i guess they are near to harvest max 2 more weeks

so i'm crossing fingers and hope they will survive for 2 more weeks

pictures later today

GL and thanks to all

I went though a period of those burned tips that curled up like that. I never saw a broad mite but I treated for mites with NPS..3 nights 7 hours a night no vent of freash air. 3 nights hang NPS three night not hanging then three nights hanging again and then hanging again 3 nights. But I never saw a bug with 100 X scope. I relate all my problems to a virus. But that is my own personal belief. I think you could use some epson salt foliar spray about 1 tsp per quart or two of water.GL.

thefanfx

hey

actually i already treat them against mites with heavy Lavender water for 5 days , i had some thrips before and i killed them all

Lavender water mix is very very strong thing now i know because i tried it :)

but i have no mites or any other bugs left alive now , and i think i kind of harm the leaves with this lavender spraying all 5 nights

anyway i'm not giving up just 14 days before harversing , i hope the plants will survive 14 more days

GL and thanks to all

thefanfx

unfortunately one of them have seeds , i don't have male but maybe someone in the neighborhood had

anyway the seeds are almost ready which leads me to the idea that the plant is almost ready , i have 1/10 brown hairs as well

... no clue