What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my whatever I've got growing thread

growbig789

Been a big fan of these forums over the past couple years, and usually check in at least once a day although I don't really post much. But I have learned so much off of these forums... especially when it comes to going organic. From ammending soil, to getting rid of the bottle, to making teas, worms, compost... learning about how the pros grow the monsters outdoor in my local area is the best. Love the pics of the outdoor grows and the information from the growing big plants thread it is so good.

So I'm not in the position to be putting up anything too big, but I do love to grow and I want to attempt a thread. Just to put down whatever I've got going which can vary from indoors to out, veg, flowering, cloning, composting, worming, or anything else I guess. Just on a smaller scale, truly just personal but still more than me and my buddy are ever able to smoke.

Anyways before I write a novel to myself here, this is most of what I got going on right now. Wasn't sure if I was gonna do anything outside this year, but I took a couple extra clones from a plant I just grew out from seed and really liked.. enough that I wanted more cuz I was gonna run out over the summer. So I have just 2 pretty small plants in 7 gal smarts that have been outside about a week or so that I'm sure will probably start flowering with the light sched change.

P1010162.jpg
P1010164.jpg
P1010165.jpg

So yah.. we'll see how long it takes before my wife sees them and gives me a hard time about them :) yah its kinda like that, she knows i do it but really prefers that she doesn't see it. doesn't mind the garage setup as much cuz she doesn't see it and its locked up.

anyways.. so they are cuts from seeds I made from a gn09 c99 male i grew from seed and my keeper Maui Waui from a nirvana seed pack I grew out that is a great sativa buzz with good crystals and fuity/candy smell and good taste. So the offspring actually has a little heavier stone to it, but still dominant on the sativa side. has the structure more of the mother but buds look a bit more c99 to me. I think they look good... they smoke good... I don't really get the chance to compare it to anything else, but its good enough for me :)

Potted up in recycled soil which originally was FFOF and has been through 1-2 runs, I'm now at the point where it really doesn't cost me much to grow at all. Homemade compost and worm castings about 1/3, recycled soil 2/3, maybe a little perlite, put some dry mix happy frog or other organic fertilizer, and let it go. neptune fish/seaweed liquid fert and I'm good to go. A few leaves got burnt during the hardening off stage but they are now adjusted to the 100 degree heat.. shooting for 2 oz :)

So, not big but grown with care I like to think. good growing to everyone! plus this thread will hopefully get me past 50 posts which has taken me like over 2 years...

growbig789

little plants are putting on a little growth every day, even with 112 degrees yesterday. Orange tint to the sunlight tdy with quite a bit of smoke in the air from fires across Nor Cal.

IMG 3627 P1010162.jpg P1010167.jpg

This is some of my supply of home made compost. Its actually probably mostly worm castings now as over the winter tons of worms came into the pile and when i harvested it was very fine and more like castings texture. good stuff...

P10101611.jpg

I would of liked to plant some cannabis in my little bed but at least I have another round of green beans going for fall

P10101631.jpg

growbig789

8/20-my little plants are growing quick, pretty sure they have been doin the stretch and now it looks like they are in the early flowering stages. Should end up being the perfect size for me..

P8200175.jpg P8200178.jpg P8200181.jpg

smoky around here again tdy. alot of it from this big fire that blew up a couple days ago..

DSCN2592.jpg

growbig789

Sometimes you can just really tell the plants are feeling good :) They sure seemed happy today. Early flowering is kicking in and they are accelerating into it! I think they like the big pots for their size and good soil. I watered with the fish & seaweed a few days ago, whatever it is, its fun to see happy plants and hopefully they stay that way...

P8220184.jpg P8220175.jpg P8220179.jpg

When things cool down this fall I have a new project I can't wait to start working on..

P8220189.jpg

The father of the little 2 plants i'm growing outside now was gn09 c99 male... I grew out a pack of them and got only 2 females, and they weren't quite what I was looking for. But now I have a good size stash of seeds of c99 crossed with about 4 other plants! (purple kush, headband, 2 diff maui waui)

So now I'm gonna give the mosca bx1 a shot and try to find a keeper and hopefully i can keep a male as well and make some more seeds. I will do these indoor in my garage set up. Veg them up, take/root clones of each, then 12/12 them in 1 gals, hopefully find a keeper or two.

growbig789

If I had my preference, I would grow more outdoors for sure... just can't beat watching and nurturing this plant as it grows in nature. Fun to see how fast they grow under the sun.

But its nice to have the little indoor set up too.. So I got a little garage set up that works pretty good for me.

P8220192.jpg P8220193.jpg

Stacked cabinets, top is storage, ballast, and venting stuff. Middle flourescent veg cab, old style shop lights still - hopefully t5 someday :) Flowering cab on the bottom, 400w hps, 6 in cool tube. In the summer i throw shop lites underneath and don't flower... too hot. i have 3 diff current keeper mothers down there now... i try to clean things up and take a break on the indoor stuff in the summer.

growbig789

8/30-hah my wife finally noticed my plants outside... only took about a month. she didn't care, so thats good. they keep doing their thing, seems like they are about done stretching, should start packing on the buds now :)

P1010175.jpg P1010178.jpg P1010179.jpg P1010180.jpg P1010181.jpg

growbig789

thanks sour...

9/4-everything looking ok so far.. I have the pumpkin vine kinda growing around the plants and its been getting aphids pretty bad, but they aren't on the weed. Kinda debating whether or not to just get the vine outta there, but i dunno maybe its like a distraction or a bait. I just spray the vines with water and knock all the aphids off every once in a while.

I have sprayed a few times with neem and spinosad mainly before flowering started... for preventative and there are some thrips around too..

picture.php

P1010196.jpg P1010193.jpg P1010189.jpg P1010190.jpg

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I've never done outdoor but I always assumed as long as there is a somewhat balanced ecosystem around small pests aren't a problem because there are usually predators around. but anything large that could actually eat it like caterpillars deer rabbits idk so on are a bigger problem usually. although as I said I've never grown outdoors so I don't know anything

growbig789

9/5-Upon closer inspection I noticed that I was starting to get more aphids moving over to the weed than I had thought.. not too bad but enough to do something about it.

So I got rid of the little pumpkin vine that was around the plants and I went ahead and sprayed with a neem/soap spray. I know their flowering but its still pretty early and I can still hose them off with water for the next couple weeks without worrying about budrot. Another dose of fish/seaweed with some molasses.. top dressed some castings in about a week ago and next i'll probably add a little of the dry mix happy frog 3-8-8 bulb food to take them through flowering.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

green beans growing good

picture.php

EverLast

Looking good mate! The green beans plants look very very nice and healthy! Are you gonna use some bloom boosters?

growbig789

Looking good mate! The green beans plants look very very nice and healthy! Are you gonna use some bloom boosters?

Thanks! yah the beans are doing well, i ammended the bed with compost and fertilizer before I planted them. I like the beans because they taste good (duh) and they produce quite a bit over a month or so.. plus they put nitrogen back into the soil bed which never hurts

The bloom booster I'm using is fish/seaweed liquid fertlizer which is 2-4-3 or something and also some dry mix organic 3-8-8 (i mixed this into the soil pre-planting and will probably top dress once pretty soon). All natural stuff, nothing too hot! Plus I have about 1/3 of the soil mix is worm castings and compost so there should be plenty of good nutes in there for the plants :)

growbig789

9/13-flowers are forming and trichs getting frostier. bugs don't seem to be much of a problem, there's a cool looking little green spider hanging around.

P1010001.jpg P1010006.jpg P1010004.jpg P1010010.jpg P1010011.jpg

growbig789

Lookin good.....

So for anyone that thinks August 1st is too late to put anything out, if you're not after anything too big then there is still plenty of time.. at least in Northern CA..

August 8/Sep 13 -- 35 days or so..

picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• 8_8.jpg
    8_8.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 9_13.jpg
    9_13.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 10