What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hydro bucket (hempy with extra reservoir)

dudin

And a solid rock of roots.
347d642.jpg

flexy123

Another very old thread but VERY interesting!

So when I am reading this, you're saying that a geotextil or airpot-type of pot INSIDE a shallow container would be something like an updated, better Hempy Pot?
(Because it would have the advantage of Hempy pots/Hydro but also supply the roots with more air, naturally.)

I like the idea with the external reservoir (shallow container) because it would allow one to actually see the level of huch much nute solution is still on the bottom.

air-max-pot2.jpg

This is some type of airpot that is sold here in Spain (not very common), but I have to say it sounds MOST interesting to make some DIY with such types of pots (or textile air bags etc.) in combination with Hempy. Limitless possibilities!

flexy123

Ok I use these now in my new grow works about the same way a shallow rez and an airy hempy mix. Will put some air down the watering hole. In these pots I get the airy space between the bottom of the inner pot and waterline. Like them a lot. Think they will do even better then what I got now.
View Image
View Image
View Image

Where did you get those pots and what are they called?

Gracias! :)

dudin

Another very old thread but VERY interesting!

So when I am reading this, you're saying that a geotextil or airpot-type of pot INSIDE a shallow container would be something like an updated, better Hempy Pot?
(Because it would have the advantage of Hempy pots/Hydro but also supply the roots with more air, naturally.)

I like the idea with the external reservoir (shallow container) because it would allow one to actually see the level of huch much nute solution is still on the bottom.

View Image

This is some type of airpot that is sold here in Spain (not very common), but I have to say it sounds MOST interesting to make some DIY with such types of pots (or textile air bags etc.) in combination with Hempy. Limitless possibilities!

I started using 1L (11 X 11 cm) pots and a tray and ran a perpetual sog instead.
I'd say bottom feeding and 12/12 sog is the easiest and cheapest way to get massive harvests/year.

A cab filled with 12/12 donkey dicks is hard to beat how ever you twist turn go vert etc. A cab can't be more then full.

No problem with rotten roots no nothing. 1L pots can easily sit in water for a 1 1/2 day.

Latest posts

Latest posts