What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Modified shelf

blake881

Im planning to beginn my first grow but for low budget so I build a framework for my new guerilla grow box wich makes me proud haha:peacock:

just irony.

I bought some b/w foil for the walls too but first at all the core of the box. so the reason why im posting here is my scrog project with 3 plants on 75x75x30 cm.But the first question about that is, wich light whould be much better for blooming time? HPS or almost energy saving lamps (red lighting,)? and if HPS, can it be that I can put with a cooltube on this small box with AC? how about space? I mean, the light and air machines are not small.
I made a picture from the box too and sry 4 my bad english :tiphat:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/guerillabox.jpg

futher progress of the box will follow soon^^

ps. I prefer Tangerene Dream (Barneys Farm), Pure Kush(Greenhouseseeds) and something else like indica for the scrog :tiphat:

In most cases, HPS/MH outperforms just about everything (that I know of) for flowering. I've seen 70w HPS bulbs in smaller spaces than yours, and if you have a cooltube setup you're likely to eliminate many of the problems with heat, as long as you get your setup right. If you've already got the lamp and ballast, give it a shot, provided it's not bigger than 150w

jackflash007

I'd read the led section before rushing into hps
I think in that kind off space the light you get and almost no heat from leds would out perform hps but you would have to invest in at least 600w of led hope this helps

MrCopyZ

If youve got 2k dollars for a light...
Then 600w LED might work...

otherwise with AC and cooltube HPS should be great in their

yeah LEDs are great for heat and spectrum specificity but unless you think you can DIY a LED setup on a low budget I'd stick with HPS. Hell, in that kind of space even fluoros can have good results

Hempsmoke

Hey
i think if you buy 2 or 3 more energy saving tubes for the bloom you will be fine , since youre going to scrog your plants you can get the tubes very close to the canopy and make the most of their light output (which is pretty good compared to other types of bulbs)
Keep us updated ;)

blake881

thanks for answers. 150w HPS for 0.225cm² ? is this not to much?
whould u show me some reports of them? I buy the bloom light first when I got my setup plannings right :)
In my opinion leds are really interesting but for now to expensive to try. so what do you guys think on 75cm height. ~20cm of it for light (if HPS or MH) and ~20cm for pots? so it left just less than 35cm for blooming, is it really enough for an acceptable scrog? in this case should I take the grid of scrogg on 15cm height, beginns from the top of the pots or should it be more moved up/down?
now i prefer energy saving lamps because the low budget, easy modifing lamps after vegi into bloom phase and no heat/space problems. but I want an acceptable harvest later so^^

ps the holders are not able to move the lights
pss i didnt find 70W HPS lights lol. are they from US?

bent_vibrato

When you say "AC" do you mean an actual air conditioner or just a fan? Sorry, i'm just confused as to what actual air conditioner exists that fits in that small of a space.

bent_vibrato

At any rate, i've used a 150w hps both with and without a cooltube with success. As long as you have enough extraction and moving air you'll do fine. Interesting that you are trying scrog methods on your first attempt.

blake881

sry for my language. on the picture I meant acually AC for air circulation in the box but on reallity ive got 1 120mm fan for this job. my biggest problem is air conditioning (a big lti fan as example) thats one of the reasons why I like to stay at ESL but lets solve it later (like a smoker^^) when the ladys are ready to bloom.

ye its not easy to start growing with scrog. but i saw many scrog reports and their harvests, thats really tricky and funny to make so much stuff on a close place and it looks very nice for stoned people who watch on buds for hours. and I have the help of friends, google and you, ICMAG, so i think its gonna be OK xD

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/825/36865099.jpg/

the clones arrived today but i hope my ph meter is comming soon too. now the coco on the big pot is to dry to plant them in.

2 -- 1 -- 2
Pure Kush --- Tangerene Dream --- Pure Kush
first kush bloomed a little
tangerene a litte bit N deficite
second kush to much fertilization

but every b*tch got a shower of... uhhmmm... anti insect medium? lol
the kushs are ready to "scrog" but the frame is missing xD not realised everything, sry... comming soon

@MrCopyZ thanks for the links

blake881

ph meter doesnt arrived yet :( but i took some more pics of it and now uploaded on the right site

lights still on 24hours till tomorrow to stop their bloom totaly
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Secrecy

I don't know what your height situation is but I'd start low stress training that asap. also if you can it looks like there is lots of stretching from the plant to the light, I'd drop down that light a little bit closer.

blake881

i think if i scrogg as noob now, it whould be a disaster.. so i dont know to scrogg or not. i believe not. the plants stretched to the full height already, i had to kink one of the kushs (this got also a half disaster)

i dont understand why the one kush is so silly allthough the other ones doing pretty well