What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Lights x Big Bud in soil

cannabuster

Hey guys, been learning from this site a ton the past few months and thought id finally introduce myself. Currently on my first grow, exactly 3 weeks into flower. Grew from seed, world of seeds NLxBB. Vegged for about a month at 24/0 and flipped to 12/12. Growing under t5s.

The ladies started in miracle grow organic which is crap I quickly realized and switched to Roots Organic. Also been feeding them very small amounts of fox farm liquid nute trio but am about to step it up because they are finally asking for it.

Anyway here is some pics:

My grow space:

WV6Di.jpg

ens4d.jpg

FGsbl.jpg

GumDb.jpg

I did some late LST to help even the canopy a bit and the results were good but I was scared to REALLY tie em down.

8B14f.jpg

cannabuster

And heres a Dinafem white widow. 12/12 from seed because I dont have an extra grow space. Its about 3 weeks old or so.

cHAU0.jpg

lenFL.jpg

Ive made alot of mistakes and nearly killed these girls several times. Ive done everything wrong including nutrient burning, high temps, over watering, PH lockout, multiple transplants, bad soil, and completely dropped one around 3 weeks old allowing the thing to spill everywhere.

Somehow though the girls have survived and thrived with no herms at all. Ive heard NL is the best strain to start out with because it is so hard to mess up and it definitely seems to be true!

Cheers

Kgxoz.jpg

8dPx4.jpg

G4FTs.jpg

PhatPhreddy420

Excellent so far!

I'm following along to see the results, WoS NLxBB might be the next batch for me to search out a mother plant.

Looking forward to seeing your results, CB.

Oregonism

Well, they sure do have that indica-ee look for sure, looking good.

They look a tiny bit stretched, but hopefully that will fill in by Week 8-9, like you said, went thru all the quirks of learning shit, look like they are in excellent health though!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like you did some research before ya started :good:
the plants look really healthy & happy . your doing fine brother ... keep up the good work . :tiphat:

Swan Lee

I've got a NLXBB just popped up 2 days ago along with a couple of NLs,so i'll be keeping eye on your grow,for sure...looking sweet so far:biggrin:

cannabuster

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. No new pics today but the girls are coming along quite a bit. I trimmed some of the lower bud sites because it was obvious they werent going to produce much and everything else has started to fill in nicely. The buds have become super frosty in the last few days and the trichomes are nice and cloudy under my microscope. The things are beginning to reek now even worse than before and im just so grateful i did my research and got a good fan/carbon scrubber combo.

Ill have some more pics sometime this week for you guys, hitting them with tiger bloom now as they are no longer burning. Im still flowering these suckers for another month at the least so they should be real monsters. Have no idea what the yield will be since this is my first grow, but im hoping on at least 1-2oz.

The White Widow is progressing nicely as well and is already showing preflowers. Going to flower that one out to october/november most likely.

Cheers

cannabuster

^^^ couldnt agree more. Im really running out of space now and have had to bring some branches into the main cola with string because things are getting crowded!

The WW has responded amazingly so far to LST and has begun to flower as well. LST will definitely be my primary method of training now that im not scared of breaking branches and it is pretty much necessary since i am under T-5s.

I will be posting some more pics tonight. These will be week 4 + a few days. The amount of bud growth that has occured in the last week has been amazing. The main colas are almost completely filled now.

Cheers.

cannabuster

Well its been a full month since my last post/pics and everything has been harvested, trimmed, dried and is curing as we speak.

Total yield from the two NLxBB was ~45g

Total yield from the White Widow was 10.2g

The WW was started about 30-40 days after the NL, 12/12 from seed, so i thought it was a pretty nice pull.

Unfortunately I had to pull the plants earlier than I wanted because of some powdery mildew late in flowering but it was ok. All trichs were milky and id say there was maybe 5% amber. total flower time was about 55 days.

SMOKE REPORT: :woohoo:

The NLxBB has a great smell to it, almost similar to blue dream, very musky and earthy with some floral aroma. It is a great over all high with a slight body buzz and heady high. A+ for stress/anxiety but earns a D in pain relief. Buds could be denser. Taste is EXCELLENT. Very flowery and extremely smooth.

The WW is just as Dinafem describes it on their site. Kind of acrid, not a great taste, and looks just like the picture. High is much more on the indica side than the NL. Great body stone, but still mentally functional high. Extremely relaxing and can put you to sleep quickly if not careful. I give it a B+ for stress/anxiety and a B+ in pain relief. It also get good marks as a sleep aid. A great strain.

Ill post up some nice shots of the finished product when i get the chance.

vukman

Veteran
Hiya...I think that NLxBB is called 'Baldy' but you might wanna double check that...
no matter, great grow man!! nice weight for the size of the area you had to work with!!

Excellent!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts