What's new

SSSDH: Pics and Review from Two Freebies

dankohzee

Owdy. Theres been a lot of curiosity about the SSSDH, but not many documented grows. I didn't do suc a good job of documenting this one, haha! I almost decided not to run these, so I didn't get many pics when they were younger. I evicted them from my veg room at 6 inches, unsure whether or not I could dedicate the space to such a long flowering plant at that point. Within 2 weeks time both of the SSSDH were somewhere between five and five and a half feet. This one featured here first (#2 pheno) had to be super-cropped once or twice as you can see.

These were grown in my super soil, and supplemented with General Organics in veg and early flower. They were given two shots of compost tea in total, and a little Roots Buddha bloom toward the end of flower.

My mix is:

-6 parts Promix HP
-4 parts Roots organics
-1 part Just right Xtra
-1 part high quality worm castings
-additional high quality compost
-Epsoma plant tone
-azomite
-kelp
-a sprinkle of epsom salts

This is an evolving mix. Plants were grown in AP pots and hand watered. I have a sealed room with co2 supplementation.

I can personally attest to the fact that these are very easy to grow. They didn't give me a single problem at all. When they first went into the room I was just getting my c02 and AC all set up and I'm sure there was a little weirdness in terms of temp fluctuation and such. Nevertheless, these SSSDH popped not a single nanner until very late in flower.

There were two distinct phenos, one lighter, and one darker incoloration. Both smelled very strongly of lemons, but this first one featured developed a very pleasant lemon-cucumber-melon aroma before finishing. I took it at 100 days, with a few ambers showing here and there, but basically trichs were cloudy. The other is still growing and looks as though she will go another ten days or more. She has now been growing 103 days and is still showing a fair amount of clear trichs, but cloudning up quickly now.

Flavors are very crisp and fresh and lemony. The smoke is smooth and feels good in the lungs--not greasy at all. The buzz? It will pound you viciously in the head and have you begging for mercy, or at least the return of your vision. Potency is top shelf. Both phenos will absolutely steal you if you rip it hard.

I don't have a weight on this first one yet, but I suspect she'll give 3 ounces or close. The buds are big and chunky, but perhaps not quite as heavy as they appear. No worries, however, as this stuff is worth investing 100 or more days into growing it. I really like it a lot, and feel certain you will to. Good job on the SSSDH, Rez, and Connoisseur Genetics for reworking it. I'll post lots of pics of pheno two when I harvest her, as well as total weights.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
D

DJXXPLATINUM

WOOT WOOT...9 OF 10 POPPED UP OUT OF THE SOIL....HIGH HOPES FOR THESE...NICE GROW...MINE WILL BE IN COCO AND VERTCAL...USED TO BE AFRAID OF THE STRETCHY ONES..BUT NO MORE SINCE I WENT VERTICAL...DJ

marmarb

nice pics i have 5 going right know kinga fucked myself forgot to label so now they are mixed in with my ogchem seedlings dont have a choice but to veg out for 6 weeks unless i can figure out what is what during veg

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think you should be able to tell the difference in the OG Chem and SSSDH, throw up some pics and i reckon we'll figure it out.
Peace

marmarb

I think you should be able to tell the difference in the OG Chem and SSSDH, throw up some pics and i reckon we'll figure it out.
Peace

will do they just been transplanted and thrown under the 400 to veg so im gonna give them about two weeks in their new home to start trying to see which is which i will deff be posting photos i just started the remaining seeds from each pack got a couple new sprouts so germ rate is deff good on the gear

dankohzee

Howdy. I just wanted to update and say that I took the other SSSDH @ 110 days with cloudy trichs, no amber. I didn't get harvest pics, but I'll post up some bud shots soon. Yield looks to be somewhere between 3 and four zips, grown organically with living soil and co2 supplementation.

The buzz on this second one is top shelf. Really everything about pheno two is a winner: big, fat lemony y buds with beautiful fox tails and stunning red hairs. This is stuff you want in your jar--no question about it. Tope shelf buzz, top shelf bag appeal, and top shelf flavor/aroma. If you can handle the longer finishing times, this is a good one.

This review was from two freebies and not from an entire pack, but I can imagine if you buy a pack you will most definitely find something you like as I found something I like in a two-pack.

Thanks C. genetics for the free seeds.

ON EDIT: Except for the usual late-flower nanners, my SSSDH were nanner free.

Yesca73

I got 2 freebies . only 1 sprouted tho. I think it is female . 2nd week of flower but no signs of sex yet. should be anyday . I think it is female cuz balls sack should have shown by now. hope she turns out as nice as yours .

dankohzee

I guess this sssdh is far superior to anything OJD or any of the rest of the con. crew has grown. They seem to be too overwhelmed to even comment:) Haha!

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahaha we're mad busy bro but love what ya did here, gotta love anyone with the patience to let a plant go till its really ready........hope to see ya try a few more things of ours and see how they stack up in comparison to what you have run so far.
Thanks for sharing, peace.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you wish bro

my buds against your anyday ha ha
na just fucking with ya
na like true said we are going through a very busy period and have fallen behind a bit on posting sorry bro

but you killed it bro, nice thread
some fat nugs and your descrption is spot on for my cut
glad you found a winner

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts