What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dyr and Tanskas Silly Seedgrows 2012

dyr

ICMag Donor
I thought I would show you icmaggers what we are doing this year. I am Dyr, Tanska is my dad/father and we grow together. Tanska has grown outdoors for about 30 years, I am just a beginner only on my 7th year outdoors.
Some of you might remember our Thyphoon grows (check my signature for links) but this year we are not growing Thyphoon. This thread will mainly be about 2 different strains; Royal Nepal and Mighty Freeze.
Royal Nepal is a name for the cross Nepal x Royal dane, last year we made F2 seeds on that and this year we are making F3 seeds. The cross was made using Nepal, a strain Tanska has grown 25 - 30 years in Denmark, as female which was pollinated by a Royal dane male.
Mighty Freeze is a cross between the Canadian Mighty Might and the dutch Freezeland grown to F4. This is the first year we grow them.

We have 2 spots with each strain and all of them are dedicated to seed making.

June 22. Royal Nepal, spot B:

picture.php

June 23. Mighty Freeze, spot A:

picture.php

June 27. Mighty Freeze, spot B:

picture.php

June 30. Royal Nepal, spot A:

picture.php

July 14. Royal Nepal, spot B:

picture.php

You are all welcome to check my albums for more pictures.

Next update will be next saturday with Mighty Freeze.

Please ask or comment any way you like...

Peace

Last edited:

dyr

ICMag Donor
We visited Mighty Freeze spot A today and it's looking ok, we removed all the small lousy auto plants also the females of those, some had a little smoke able on but very little and no seeds so we left them. It's funny how the plants in the front of the spot are much smaller than the rest, they are close to 2 m in the back but in the front about 0,4 - 0,5 m (40 - 50 cm).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
hey dyr,
congratulations for such a great grow partner. :good:
spots/plants looking good. nice and well hidden. i am in for the seed show for sure! :lurk:
happy growing

Hortic

As a Swede, I know of a lot of people who've successfully grown Thyphoon. What's the reason you're not producing more seeds of Thy? And how does Royal Nepal and Mighty Freeze compare to it?

Good luck, it's a great thing what you guys are doing. :)

Smoking Gun

Making seeds for next year I see. Did you select specific males for the cross or are you taking a bit more natural approach?

dyr

ICMag Donor
Thanks u 2 :)

We use most males smoking Gun, we have only removed a few very small weird males, later we will probably remove most males but not until the females are fully pollinated. We are not going to cross Royal Nepal with Mighty Freeze (at least not this year). The spots are quite far away from each other so there will be no cross pollination.
We have plenty of Thyphoon seeds already Hortic, that's the main reason, Royal Nepal is also earlier and has better smoke compared to Thyphoon :)
Mighty Freeze is a lot later than Thyphoon but they are in flowering now so hopefully they will produce some interesting seeds and nice weed and hash for us. I think MF is to late for most of Sweden though.

Hortic

We have plenty of Thyphoon seeds already Hortic, that's the main reason, Royal Nepal is also earlier and has better smoke compared to Thyphoon :)
Mighty Freeze is a lot later than Thyphoon but they are in flowering now so hopefully they will produce some interesting seeds and nice weed and hash for us. I think MF is to late for most of Sweden though.
Ok, I assumed you had quite a stash of Thyphoon seeds, hehe. That Royal Nepal sounds really interesting. Will stay tuned in for progress on the RN. :)

Smoking Gun

No :D well actually we have done that 1 time indoors and it yields more better herb. We like to make seeds :) and most pot goes to hash making.

Thanks Hortic :)

Very cool, I do enjoy my hash, so I would say you are putting those buds to good use. Have you considered leaving one patch without males. I think you will find an increase in your resin production, and therefore more hash. This way you still make seeds but you also get more for your effort in the end.

dyr

ICMag Donor
Yes we have thought about it but it's not necessary for us :) we haven't bought pot or hash for many years thanks to these silly seedgrows ;-)

Here is the Royal Nepal spot B from today:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dudin

Hello. Just wanted to tell you that Thyphoon is one me the best pain relief weed when it comes to severe period pain. Not to strong but take god care of the pain.