What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ALTERNATIVE to bubblebags

cannanaut

Hello to all hash crew!

Looking at those high prices of bubblebags(im recreational user not commercial), like $250 per 7 five gallon bag kit, i have started to search for alternative bubble bags on the internet. Look at what i find!!! WOW:yoinks: 10 bag kit(5 gallons) for $63 ONLY!!!! :bigeye:

Heres the link: filterbag . com/kit.html :wave:

God bless u all!!!

Cannanaut

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
To buy or to make?? I want the cheapest bubble bags online! ..... pls help me!
Peace

cannanaut

These are to BUY! only difference between these and bubblebags is that these bags are all made of filter material! im 100% sure that they will work fantastic, no modification needed! Peace

Creeptic

yeah i researched this as well and someone got them and tried them

couple of bad things about them:
#1. the entire bag is filter material, making them easier to rip while mixing
#2. they have a seam right down the middle

either way i plan on getting them... i can live with those two problems for that cost

if you get them PLEASE update us on how well or poorly they worked because im planning on getting these around when i harvest in a couple of weeks

G

wow thats a hell of alot cheaper but just by looking at them they dont look like the wold last as long as bubbles would but im sure you cant beat it for the price 10 bag kit for 63 wow ......

igohydro

When it comes to getting the most from ur weed I would deffenitly invest in BubbleBags,with practice you increase your end product.
I aint tryed em, but have iceolator bags aswell and would go for the bubblebags as theve paid for themselves several times over already,fine fullmelt....aaahhh! :joint:

NightFire

I like my bubblebags, very sturdy. I've had them get caught up in my blender a couple times, no tears or stress marks. I've had them for some time now. Is it really worth only getting one or two extractions out of a set of $60.00 bags.

There are other bags out that are durable also, but you'll still be paying near $200.00 for the 7 bag sets. They would be a better alternative to these bags. If you look at the FAQ you will see this:

# Why aren't my bags lasting as long as they used to?
Usually because they are working harder. Bag life is limited by the amount of dirt captured, not by hours in service or gallons processed. bag filtering clean water may last a year. A bag filtering mud may only last a few minutes. A product can appear clean to the naked eye and still be full of particles that are too small to see.

NightFire

and this

# How many times can I clean and reuse a filter bag?
Filter bags are designed for one time use. Attempting to clean a bag will stretch the material. Some holes will get bigger and allow dirt to get through. Other holes will get smaller, plug up faster, and start removing things from the product that are supposed to stay in it.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
its nearly always the same m8. you get what you pay for.

bubblemans bags are highquality bags, if you look after them properly they will last you a long time. they are made from strong material and double stiching is used at the seams. they pay for them selves with the first decent batch of bubble you make.

if you don't want to spend the money, then your better off geting a brewers net and uesing that to strain all the leaves out after mixing. then pour the water through a clean bed sheet and all the hash will stay on the sheet.

still if you do get them why not make a thread on how they work and look, i'm sure you'll get a few runs from them if your careful.

peace out
gm

igohydro

As far as I Know iceolators are only two bags,bubble bags enable you to have different grades.Some people might say the bags are the same but if you have used bubble bags you would understand better. :joint:
Apart from that they use the same method.

sbhydro1

If you plan on using them bags more than a few times, your best buy would be Bubblebags for their durability. Bubblebags are far better made and use a more durable, heavy weight material.

W

WeldFlash420

Have to agree here, as I have this set of bags from Filter Bag, and they do indeed suck royal ass for extractions. I've used them four or five times and they work, don't get me wrong, but like previously stated, they are made entirely out of filter material, with one seam right down the middle of the bag. Usually, your trichs get gathered in this seam and it's a pain in the arse to get it washed out to where ya can get at it.

Mr.Gr33n

bubblehash only uses 2 bags 220 and 70 so rather than lots and
lots of small amounts in diffrent size screen bags, u only have 1 grade.

i found bubblebags to be a waste of time.
even with cleaning my bags straight after an extraction they clogged.

even read that alcohol 98% would work.

after only 3 uses and hrs and hrs of cleaning i threw em in the bin.

now i use a tumbler and a pantyhose stretched.

might not get 10%-15% weight of the original wight in trimmings.
but it didnt cost me £110 either.

just a tumbler(self-made) and a large mirror for collecting thc works great for me.

NightFire

Mr.Gr33n said:
now i use a tumbler and a pantyhose stretched.

might not get 10%-15% weight of the original wight in trimmings.
but it didnt cost me £110 either.

just a tumbler(self-made) and a large mirror for collecting thc works great for me.

Going off that note, you could get a rock tumbler instead of making one yourself, for those less mechanically inclined. pantyhose are less than a dollar. Several hundred extractions for the same price. It would be like kiff

Mr.Gr33n

im only a moderate grower,
i grow for madicinal properties.
and also to get stoned :p

last thing i wanna do is spend £70++ on 5+ bags only to collect 1g-2g-3g
then to press out water/dry/cure/etc/etc

also with the pantyhose stretched over a round tubberwear container,
i just shake for 10-15 and re-fill with other new leaf/trim. (usually air dried then frozen for 1hr)

after all i usually get 1oz of hash..

isnt much.
but keeps me going for a while..

Last edited:

igohydro

Bubble bags are easy to clean plus they are made from parachute material,Ive done loads of runs and they are still like new. :wave:

sumo

I don't understand why it is necesary to use blender in bag. Why not blend away in just a five gallon bucket then pour into bag? After all are not all subsequent filterings done like this?

bubbleman

Veteran
actualy no they aren't sumo. The ideal way to run the material thru the bags is by having all the bags stacked inside one another. that way you dont find yourself pouring heavy water from one bag to another. That would add 7 steps of pouring, which to me would be inefficient and useless extra work.

peace
bubble man

Latest posts

Latest posts