What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ladyburn 1974 - 600W HPS - Soil

sv4run

Here is my first IC grow diary.

Some details:
Light: 600W HPS in Cooltube
Cab size: 115x84x165 cm - 3.8x2.8x5.4 ft
2x 120mm (150m3/h) fans for cab
2x 100mm (100m3/h) fans for cooltube

Strain: Ladyburn 1974 [Jack Herer x Ice Dream] - 8 clones
Medium: Soil - Plagron Royalmix
Nutes: Hesi + Topmax
Pots: 6L (1.58 gal) air-pots

12/12 cycle starts tomorrow

This is my first grow with this strain, with air-pots and in my new cab. I also sealed all the walls together with silicone. You can see black silicone in corners. Just need to clean what was pressed out in corners.

In my previous cab i didn't have any real ventilation for cab, only for cooltube. And during my last grow, which ended in may i had huge problems with temperature. In cab was 30-32°C at the end of the day. Today i manage to get it down to 26-27°C.

Few pics...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I also attached EMPTY schedule in PDF format, so anyone can print it if you like it. Under "Week 9" i left some empty space for short notes.

Well, i saw it on this site so i made one for myself and thought others might find it useful.

:greenstars:

Attachments

• schedule.pdf
    433.7 KB · Views: 24

thefanfx

good job

good job

good job m8 :) keep the good work

:) i'm going to 12h12h tomorrow as well he-he how cool is that :p

GL

sv4run

Thanks thefanfx.

Well, i still need to put white on walls in cab.

If i won't have any problems during grow i will probably create strain guide grow report for this strain, since i didn't find any.

thefanfx

:)

:)

i never tried HPS

only luminescent and going to try LED soon

i know HPS is kind of "Oven" like :p

and :) one tip do not spray the leaves with water or anything during lights are on

spray them only when the lights goes off or it can burn the leaves

GL :) and njoy

sv4run

Oven indeed, fortunately i have AC.

And here is few more pics...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ran out of white sheet so i put mylar on one side (for now). :kos:

Time for :joint:

P.S.: Btw if anyone likes schedule i attached in first post and would maybe like to change any word or layout let me know.

Ganja Maker

Everything is looking good and healthy for ya sv4run. I want to see how these turn out. I grew one plant before, I'll get a pic for you, if you don't mind.

sv4run

Thanks for pic. Looks nice.
Under what light did you have it and how long was flowering time?

I noticed branches on your pic are very close to main stem. I thought it was something weird going on with my plants. It looks like perfect plant for SOG.

sv4run

First day in 12/12 cycle just ended hour and a half ago.

Mr.CleanCut: i will be updating this post as much as possible (with pics as well). Just need to start posting a bit more, so i can get more space for pics.

Ganja Maker

Thanks for pic. Looks nice.
Under what light did you have it and how long was flowering time?

I noticed branches on your pic are very close to main stem. I thought it was something weird going on with my plants. It looks like perfect plant for SOG.
No problem, it was around a 400hps, and I took it 11weeks.I also thought it grew very weird in veg like you stated. I only grew one seed and that was it, so I don't know if all the phenos grow like that.I didn't keep a clone from it.

sv4run

Well, i usually use top of each plant i grow from seed, for mother clone. Mainly because top has stronger stem than branches and to stop streching.

I used 2 seeds and both have same characteristics. Very compact canopy. It looks like i will have to start with LST on my mother plant, because fan leaves cover most of canopy. I already pinched few branches, to bend them a bit out of canopy, but it didn't help much. So i think LST will be the best option.

But i will leave the clones in 12/12 grow the way they "want" to grow.

Will post few pics of mother to be, later.

sv4run

Some pics i promised...

This is first clone i made when i topped one of the plants from seed.
picture.php

Here you can see very messy canopy and plant height is only 30cm (12 in) from soil to top. It tends to "pull" branches closer to main stem than i was used to with other strains.
picture.php

picture.php

I was thinking how i could do LST with plants in air-pots as easy as possible. First i was thinking about some sort of pins/hooks for holes in "nipples" in air-pot. But here is better idea.
picture.php

Here you can see a wire which i put right under top nipples.
picture.php

Here you can see how i hook it together.

sv4run

Had to split the post because of pics...

picture.php

Now i can use string anywhere, no need to use any pins/hooks which could unhook.

picture.php

And here are first few LST branches. Will do it on more branches in next few days.

Time for :joint:

sv4run

Sorry for a bit of delay.

So, 12/12 started on 9th of July. I measured height of each plant and will be doing it until i see increased bud formation. Mainly so i can see how much stretch i can expect in next grows.

So here is some data (height in centimeters)...
Jul 11
1. 20
2. 22
3. 24
4. 25
5. 27
6. 27
7. 30
8. 37

Jul 15 [stretch avg: 3,75cm - min: 2cm (#6) - max: 6cm (#8)]
1. 23
2. 27
3. 27
4. 29
5. 31
6. 29
7. 33
8. 43

Jul 21 [stretch avg: 5,63cm - min: 4cm (#2) - max: 8cm (#8)]
1. 29
2. 31
3. 32
4. 35
5. 36
6. 34
7. 39
8. 51

Height is measured from top edge of airpot.

I'm also using defoliation technique on plant #2. Just to see how she reacts. But i started defoliation in 12/12 cycle, so will see how she ends. And yesterday i also set up blumat system.

And some pics from few minutes ago...
picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• ladys1.jpg
    ladys1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 15
  • ladys2.jpg
    ladys2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 11
  • ladys4.jpg
    ladys4.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 9

sv4run

I also checked RH/Temp on floor of cab, at bottom of canopy and top of canopy.

Floor:
Temp: 23.5°C
RH: 53%

Bottom of canopy:
Temp: 24.1°C
RH: 52%

Top of canopy:
Temp: 26-27°C
RH: 35-45%

sv4run

Well, i need few more posts until i hit 50, so here some pics....

Attachments

• lady1.jpg
    lady1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 13