What's new

el's double stack 2400 watt room

eL artist

I am going back to vert. been doing horizantal in a blazeonup's rdwc system for couple years now. used to do vert trees back in the day but was never succesful at it (didnt monocrop did big sativa and little indicas, didnt veg long enough, didnt set room up right didnt train right)

Time to make a come back.
here is basic design of room, this room is 7'x9' with 2400w (i know less than 50 w/sqft but room was already built and need space to figure out some cuts that got mixed)

here is room built, using 18 gallon roughneck totes w/ 6" netcups, it is a bio/uc rdwc design, (check my other thread for info on that, really liking this set up so far)

half of room

other half

here are my lights set up they are bulb to bulb digi 600 connected by threaded rods

i then have 4" fan underneath each stack w. ducting to 4"-6" reducer that goes to light

i am also building another room (2'x6'x6') to house an a/c unit, dehumidifier, and carbon filter, and eventually a fuzzy logic co2 meter (going be set at 600ppm so i can have this room in use for both my flower rooms and flip flop lights) right now it will by my current co2 meter which is always set at 1500 ppm

plan is to suck hot air from the top of flower room through 8" vortek fan and blow it into room w/ a/c. air gets cooled and then is sucked through my carbon filter using another 8" vortek fan and blown back into bottom of flower room. i hope this is enough to keep my temps down and humidity controlled

so what do y'all think. would love some critques, if i am fucking up would love to know now before i put girls in.

Also love the vert forums. everyone is normally so helpful down here and would not be making this step if it werent for the ppl on here, so thank you

P.S. i am planning on putting netting in front of totes from ground (or maybe top of totes) to cieling for training purposes. and hopefully transplanting on friday, fingers crossed

bobblehead

Veteran
Please don't think I'm being a dick... but do you have speed controllers for those 4" inline fans? Cause that's just too much fan. I'd yank em and replace them with honeywells on low. I've used the 4" inline fans before and imo it's just too much. The lamps rattle around... The heat goes flying all over the room instead of being pushed up to the ceiling...

Can't wait to see the show... blazeoneup knows his shit, so if you copied him this should be good. :)

eL artist

Please don't think I'm being a dick... but do you have speed controllers for those 4" inline fans? Cause that's just too much fan. I'd yank em and replace them with honeywells on low. I've used the 4" inline fans before and imo it's just too much. The lamps rattle around... The heat goes flying all over the room instead of being pushed up to the ceiling...

Can't wait to see the show... blazeoneup knows his shit, so if you copied him this should be good. :)

took your advice thak you, and i am able to take critiques, please bring it on ppl, if i am fuckin up i want to know

and i was, so fan under light isn't pushing heat, really it is just helping proccess along, cause you want to keep hot air in top of room so that you can suck heat out, and u dont want it to hit the roof and rebound back down, so really dont need all that much fan

so i removed 4" fans and replaced w/ 2 box fans on low, got 2 degrees temp change almost right away, need some more temp down so goin to use one four inch fan to boost suction from top of flo room and into lung room

the carbon filter fan in lung room has to be on speed controller and turned way down to keep lung room at a neutral pressure, would prefer to turn that up to get more cold air into flo room

so if i blow more into room with 4" fan, i can suck more out and keep neutral pressure hopefully, and keep everything cooler

bobblehead

Veteran
Hey eL artist, I just went back and ready over your first post again... and I just wanted to say :respect: for conditioning your air 100% before pumping it back into your tent. That's how I role and imo it's the best way to go to maximize both space and environment. The air in the room is already being sucked out... So it only makes sense to pump the air back in exactly how you want it.

:tiphat:

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Hey eL artist, real nice setup. I'm going for 2,400 watt double stack vertical w/12 plants using 2 donuts/torus circles of 6 plants each.

Not sure if this would be more efficient for lighting, but I do think one of the most efficient vertical arrangements is in a circle around the light(s).
Looking at it from each light stack's perspective as well as surrounding plants they all see 12-24" distance from the light. In your arrangement though
some plants seem to see 4 lights at once. The 2 donuts I'm using are connected so 4 plants receive a good 2,400 watts from 4 lights (2 hexagons
connected).

Here's a rough idea of the 2 torus's (tori?):

2rgn7g7.jpg

Any feedback on your setup vs. 2 donuts efficiency or gpw difference?

D

DHF

Per Bobbles last post......I concur and....environmental control is everything...

Respect...DHF....:ying:.....

eL artist

Per Bobbles last post......I concur and....environmental control is everything...

Respect...DHF....:ying:.....

thats my goal, know enviroment very very very important, from all your post fred, think need to add another a/c, got a 12,000 btu unit already, but think i am going to double it up.

with bare bulb to keep a sealed enviroment how many btu is required per watt, on average of course know location is factor?

Any feedback on your setup vs. 2 donuts efficiency or gpw difference?

Not sure yet, first run, reason i am doing this is couple things, one my bio/uc rdwc system uses the totes which fit only in the circle i made also this room is 2' longer than what it should be, so in middle there will be some dirt girls, need to sort out some strains, but there will be a full circle around both lights in this room

but in my 7x7 which with 2400 watts is 49 w/sqft, figure lights will be close enough to be plenty of benefit to opposite side of room, but we will see (what diagram is in first post)

eL artist

so far so good

so far so good

today is day 7, everything looking pretty good, lights were a little to close to girls, and i havent added the dirt girls in yet, wont be able to use middle in between lights

here are the ladies

eL artist

so like i said went to box fans under lights

and with a second a/c, did not add the 4" fan for suction out of room

this is how i have duct setting up with the a/c units intake comes from central a/c

and then blows out of area to be cooled by central a/c

this pipe gets as hot as my cool tubes used to get amazed how much heat the a/c is taking out of room
here are temps, the 81 is not right lights on high is 77 and hopefully when i add my other room to lung room lights off will be same

eL artist

day 21 update

had some issues siunce last update. one of my a/c failed, in in the course of failling was blowing fuses, at one point it blew the fuse for my water pump and knocked of my flow for a good 12+ hrs which caused have the room to dry out bad, luckly was able to keep them alive but there is a big difference between one side and the other due to this.

also room is no longer sealed, cant deal with prtable a/c issues right now so i am just pulling off my central a/c duct into bottom of room then i pump into lung room then pump out of lung room trough carbon filter

here is how they looking
good side

bad side

and a random nug pic

nice looking nug so far looks correct after the issues with my last run happy to see correct looking nugs.

Plan to start de-leafing over next week and cleaning up the back sides of the girls, from what i see of dhf suggestions this is the right time to do it, got to remember i am growing bud not leaves

so what do y'all think you can see a couple of burnt tips, let girls lean into light to much but that has been corrected. love to hear some feedback on how things lookin

eL artist

so here is the final update before harvest for room 1 and room 2 is now on day 20. screwed up a little on room 2 again, I am able to keep water level where I want them by closing off water falls in the return bucket but I didn't install a float valve and didn't keep enough water in system so hurt root development on some of girls.

room 1 has finished out pretty good, should have done a different way of doing the netting cause it was pain in ass to keep them from falling into lights, got some burnt tip here in there

eL artist

and here is room 2 same strain, this room is on day 20, will try to get some lights off pics for next update but with flip flop of rooms when one room is on other is off

eL artist

final totals for round 1 in vert was a bit above 3 so .6 gpw 50% increase over last time in room so pretty happy so far and a lot of room for improvement. know I lost a ton because of tweeks needed to hydro system. put some dry nug shots up later this week with some pics of room 2 lights off

eL artist

okay guy know I haven't been keeping up with my threads but I have been checking in on y'all shit and everyone looking good, hopefully I can keep up with whats going down in vert section. I am so happy I switched to vert, like I said the first round is taken down 3+ so here is day 32 update halfway point of current round.

I am sorry about last update and light on but one room will always have a light on upadate anyway to get to the girls, swellage time big swelllage hopefully

my circle aint it pretty 49.someting w/sqft. love this circle

only using one fan for this room might switch to a smaller Honeywell fans but this one seems to work

eL artist

some bud shots these are going to be so thick like last round. I love bogglegum but cant wait for vert rd 3

here are my conditions, had to turn central a/c off one day due to issue with it (got to 91 in room and at least that in nute temps) but other than that got them good temps for nutes and room,

so what does low humidity due, never had to deal with that before vert bare buld not sure what to do

Latest posts

Latest posts