What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry Ice Extraction Drying/Curing

Bud Sweat

As an outdoor grower i have had success with extracting high volumes using the dry ice method. I produce hash once a year with this method and would like to fine tune things this year as far as Drying and Curing goes

This is a very straightforward extraction process, but i would like to know how people process their freshly extracted resins. Do you let it dry out overnight before you press it? Do you cure it in a jar like normal buds?

heres what i got left from last year

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I made a li'l over a pound of keif a while back... I pressed some, but left most of it as keif-- Ppl seemed to prefer it in powder form over pressed--
I didn't notice any difference a couple months after making it, so not sure a cure really does much for this method--:tiphat:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've been making tons of dry ice keif over the last couple years, and my best experience w it came from sealing in a food saver bag (but not vacuuming) about 3 oz of keif and leaving it sealed and in a cool dark area for about 6 months. the keif went into the bag blonde-ish white, and came out a deep tan. as soon as i cut one tiny corner off the bag, unsealing my goodies for the first time in 6 months, an amazing smell instantly escaped the bag... the "cured" keif smells great and smokes smooth and tasty.
imho pressing dry ice keif is a waste, you press it just to crumble it again.
i store large quanities of dry ice keif in empty cleaned out containers that i bought "hemp protein powder" in. they actually look very similar, lol

meltybubble

When fresh trich's are pressed the oils bind them,only the lower grades will crumble out again.
A cure if pressed I believe it makes a diff,in kiff not so much.
Hope this is of help.:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts