What's new

Decarboxylation and medical properties???

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has been generally accepted that it is necessary to decarboxylate THCA into THC to make it orally active, but how about the rest of cannabis essential oil's medical properties?

The success being reported by patients juicing cannabis suggests that the rabbit hole is deeper, but do any of ya'll know how non decarboxylated cannabis essential oils provides the reported relief.

Ostensibly decarboxylation changes the shape of the THCA and CBDA molecules, and they then fit in the CB-1 and CB-2 receptor sites. As form provides function, what receptor sites are the carboxylic acids forms activating.

I know that they continue to find more endocannabinoid sites in the body, but am not current and wonder if any of ya'll are, and would share it with the rest of us'ns?

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
Great questions.
Wanted to add a related one- does THC need to be darboxylated to pass the blood brain barrier?

Big City

I think we need more evidence to support the benefits of juicing raw cannabis. It seems like its possible that it may have some benefits. They are juicing fan leaves, which don't contain much thc or cbd. so, its completely possible that any juicing benefits could be unrelated to any cannabinoid activity, and may be a result of some other non-endocannabinoid mechanism. It could be as simple as chlorophyl or some other common compound that is present in other green leafy plants. If you google chlorophyl health benefits, you find people who tout the same kind of medical benefits as the raw cannabis juicing crowd.

At this point, more studies are needed.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
I guess it depends upon the application of the oil.. Cancer requiring THC as much as possible and others not. MS, epilepsy and other nervous diseases will surely benefit from other terpenes and cannabinoids?

Amber Trich

enzymes have some decarbing action in the body...

5htp gets decarbed into serotonin(5ht) in the liver and nervous tissue by an enzyme (aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase)

maybe something like that is taking place?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Perhaps I'll have data in the future?

The goal is to produce canna-caps for myself with varying degrees of CBD in them... would take a while (since testing takes at least a month) but could possibly try caps with 10-30% non-decarbed oil.

I'm interested in any results that others may have had.

Anyone working with same/similar skin conditions on several patients? Could do test patches to see which, if any, amounts of non-decarbed oils added to the topicals showed visible results.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
What have you found graywolf? I had a bad sunspot on my face, a mole that went funky and i've had a few moles removed, one was cancerous when I was a kid even. I got tired of telling everyone how THC could cure cancer, and more than one had listened to me and won at that point just to be clear.. I tried various ganja oils on it and they all had effect, each noticably, each time...but there was a difference. I was not scientific in my approach, but tried acetone, ethanol, hexane and butane. The different oils came off different dopes so there was no way of knowing. What was interesting is that the most effective, noticibly again and this suprised me and I did not expect it, was the acetone extract of maybe half kilo 2 year old cheapass brickweed that was given to me. It was early picked, hardly get you high stuff and that is why I had it for so long, I just could not smoke it either. I soaked it twice for a long time and heated and put it on a home-made stirplate and stirred away :) It was so green. So it was a challange for me to clear up so I hit it with a few rounds of activated carbon to get it sorta piss colored, now I'd just hit with with the sep and hexane :) . Then I winterised it thanks to graywolfs and others tutorials here. It was sort of dark yellow green and cleared up a lot but black when the ethanol was gone. I thought it was crap, but maybe was just decarbed really well with all the ethanol double-boiling off? Well this oil made it dissapear in just a few applications. I did this a year and a half ago, I just have a mark there now with white virgin skin. It didn't take more than 20 applications total with all the oils so I did not get too good an opportunity to test. Maybe this can help, maybe you've heard it before...?

I have a whole lot more moles where that came from, so currently I'm trying a tweaked version of the holy shit! We'll see how that goes, freinds think they can see a difference but it is too soon too tell and may just be subjective. I decarb as well as I can in making any topical or oral oil now as a norm, but all of the orals are for cancer not neuro-conditions or others. Thanks for threads and info people, there is nothing more liberating than growing and making your own medicine and learning about it..

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good point on the topical tests using moles! About five years ago, I supplied oil to a skin cancer patient, who reported success and we have one patient working on a dark life long mole on her nose. The mole has softened and gotten smaller, but hasn't disappeared yet.

I have a number of moles and skin tags, so Lawrd knows my carcass would make a good test bed. I sort of forgot about them as my body stopped being so gawdamn double fucking gorgeous with advancing age, scar tissue, and more fur, including out my nose and ears. Know what I mean?

I'll pick some moles that I can see to photograph and do a test myself, using high CBD Cannatonic and Hawaiian Bubble Gift.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yeah do that bro it will be a good idea! If people start seeing it from someone that they trust, if even over the web, then it will carry the word out..If it doesn't work it helps us work on formulations collectively..

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The mole bit is really of very high interest to me. I've had one I'd pretty much bet is not good. I've never had it checked but been watching it change - large/darker/harder/more dis-textured tissue around it...I worry about it from time to time as it gets sore for no reason and itches/stings fairly regularly...

I think I need to learn more about topicals...

dank.Frank

Cannabinoid acids and moles!

Cannabinoid acids and moles!

Hi all,

I've got what I hope is some very helpful and pertinent information for the main topic, as well as the 'side topic' of moles. I will attach the papers below for anyone that would like to read up on the topic of cannabinoid acids etc.

OK so apparently ICmag won't let me upload the journal articles, so I'll just have to post the titles for anyone who wants to download them, or else I can get them up later when I have more posts (?).

THCA- TRPA1 agonist and TRPM8 antagonist. Has anti-proliferative and anti-spasmodic effects.

CBDA- Selective COX-2 inhibitor TRPA1 and TRPV1 agonist, and TRPM8 antagonist.

Read the papers or google the various receptors listed above and read about the various physical processes they are involved in to get an idea of what health problems they may help with. Is this mainly what you were curious about? Or did you also want to know about Terpenes/Flavanoids etc?

Regarding the moles, I have had lots of moles removed and after reading some studies and seeing some people's experience I decided to try my own small scale study. I took pictures before, and over time- I'm still applying it, has been perhaps two weeks but I'm seeing substantial change. Although to complicate matters I've also got poison ivy/oak right around the moles so they are bumpy and irritated/itchy. At any rate, I will be posting a 'journal'/case study once I'm further along. My moles were suspected melanomas that don't seem to be very aggressive but that I've noticed for several years and they looked questionable by various visual criteria. When looking for other's anecdotal evidence for cannabis and skin cancer, I found more case studies dealing with Squamous Cell Carcinoma/Basal Cell Carcinoma than Melanoma. While it's great if cannabis helps all three, in my mind melanoma is the more serious (i.e lethal) and there are few good treatments other than surgical removal. So it would really be fantastic if it helped with melanoma. Also it would save one tons of money because going to the Dermatologist and getting all those cut off can add up really quickly!

Non-psychotropic plant cannabinoids: new therapeutic opportunities from an ancient herb. 2009. Trends in Pharmacological Sciences

Plant-Derived Cannabinoids Modulate the Activity of Transient
Receptor Potential Channels of Ankyrin Type-1 and
Melastatin Type-8. 2008. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics

Inhibition of skin tumor growth and angiogenesis in vivo
by activation of cannabinoid receptors. 2003. Journal of Clinical Investigation

Cannabinoid receptors as novel targets for the treatment of melanoma. 2006. The FASEB Journal

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
I love using none carbox cannabis and obviously depending on the strain it's very effective for what alies you. There are many ways to do this you can simply eat the bud right off the plant as soon as you pick it. I know some ppl that love this but it's too pepper tasting for me. I prefer to put it into an oil either coconut oil ,olive oil . The idea is to use it at different times of it's curing to get different effects which can and does become effective . I use half and half now depending on what I'm making. I don't believe in cooking cannabis too much. I do like making chocolate with coconut oil headband 707

Last edited:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
The mole bit is really of very high interest to me. I've had one I'd pretty much bet is not good. I've never had it checked but been watching it change - large/darker/harder/more dis-textured tissue around it...I worry about it from time to time as it gets sore for no reason and itches/stings fairly regularly...

I think I need to learn more about topicals...

dank.Frank

I just read an article that stated that ppl with lots of moles live longer LOL Stay safe headband 707:woohoo:

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I've endured heavy life long sun exposure, and have had a number of basal cell skin cancers removed and or burned off of my face and arms over the years. There were some long growing spots on my hands that needed attention. Some matched the appearance of previous basal cell cancers and one patch was different. Before signing myself up to be cut and burned upon once more, I decided to give oil a try.

I took my collection of jars which held bud that I'd found less than stellar smoking quality and did an acetone extraction. This was my first attempt. I first ground the bud in a blender and used no filtering or refrigeration and so got a dark mess. The acetone extract solution was left two days in a pyrex dish on a seedling heat mat to evaporate. At no time was the extract ever heated above 110 degrees Fahrenheit (estimate).

Oil was applied to possible carcinomas and left in place each day. After less than a month the long enduring spots on my hands are almost gone now. One was several years old and would have been a considerable chunk of meat to surgically remove. It has simply disappeared.

I have previously used a fluorine based cream to kill precancerous spots. The fluorine is able to penetrate into and kill sun damaged cells but leaves healthy cells intact. The result was an array of lesions formed upon my face and arms as the UV compromised skin cells died. After applying the oil, a number of questionable spots on my forearms showed the same pattern as in my previous use of the fluorine based topical. The spot would redden and show a small lesion in the center as the initial primary mass of sun damaged DNA-cells which had proliferated, now died en mass.

The results have been simply amazing. I did take some hasty photos of my hands before starting this and hopefully will be able to post before and after pics. I deeply regret not carefully documenting the lesions on my forearms.

I am now a believer in a big way. There is no possibility that Big Pharma doesn't know about this in detail. Absolutely no possibility.

EDIT; Well, except for one spot, the rough skin growths returned. Twas not a miracle after all.

Last edited:

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
dank.frank that bit headband posted about living longer has me wondering if we should now try to get rid of them or not? I have one as well and may document a attempt to reduce it with a tincture. But I want to live longer! LOL.
CR your ^ ^ story is really inspiring, I have never tried any of this but am thinking of it seriously now. Thanks for posting Rabbit..DD

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
dank.frank that bit headband posted about living longer has me wondering if we should now try to get rid of them or not? I have one as well and may document a attempt to reduce it with a tincture. But I want to live longer! LOL.
CR your ^ ^ story is really inspiring, I have never tried any of this but am thinking of it seriously now. Thanks for posting Rabbit..DD

A mole is not anything you need to worry about unless it starts to change and even then you need to show your doctor. They can just fall off aswell. It's the color changing you need to look out for and even then it's not like this is the end of the world. There are many ways of approching this one fortunately. Sun exposer to precancerous moles might be pushing the envelope a bit so pay attention to where things are in your body and don't be stupid about thing.
I think that the sun might be stronger then it was years ago from the ozone depletion so this might be part of the problem and of-course certain ppl are more prone then others.You might want to think of cocoa butter aswell . stay safe headband 707