What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mr small's secret tent

mrsmall

Hi all i have now got my cheese cuttings well rooted and they were taken around 5-6 weeks into flower :)

I have 20 cheese ladys and i maybe attempting some pink salad autos in the vert racks as you can see in the pictures,
i dont have enough soil as yet so need to pull my finger out,
i will have to run the autos on a 12/12 also so i am still considering getting some other fem seeds sharpish cracked and then do the autos next time round, as you can see i have a good space,
temps are a little hot but the girls are happy enough and i got plenty of circulation in there, currently have 3 600w lights on in veg with another 2 600's ready for action , one being a vert but i will prob have 2 verts and remove one horizontal,

one bit of advice i would like, i have 2 parabolics packed up, i wonder if i should have the 2 paras over the 20 cheese on the floor, but in doing this it would mean i have to remove 1 600 as there is only space for 2 paras or 3 euro shades, temps pretty high with the euros
but for 1 extra light could it be better with higher temps i.e 34-35 or would 30 be better with less light???

i am stumped on that one could do with advice ,, looking for a yielder

the pots are 18L some are not full as they should be

ok hope you lot enjoy

Attachments

• P6010107.jpg
    P6010107.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 10
  • P6010108.jpg
    P6010108.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P6010109.jpg
    P6010109.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 11
  • P6010110.jpg
    P6010110.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 12
  • P6010111.jpg
    P6010111.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 11
  • P6010112.jpg
    P6010112.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 11
  • P6010113.jpg
    P6010113.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 12
H

Husky.Rex

Can I ask what size tent your using along with the make of your bulbs?

I would stick with the 2 parabolic's as running the temps that high will only end up in disaster.

RudeDog

Veteran
Good set up MrSmall. Hope you get your temps sorted. Can't offer advise as your space is about twenty times the size of mine.

Bring on the flowers.

mrsmall

Can I ask what size tent your using along with the make of your bulbs?

I would stick with the 2 parabolic's as running the temps that high will only end up in disaster.

Tent is 2.4 metres by 2 metres.
bulbs i brought a job lot from china unbranded 600 watt but i have 1 powerteq dual in there,

i hear ya on the para's, i have been running the lights for around 4 days and the girls seem to be ok, even through this hot spell!!! but ya i seriously will consider going back to 2 paras, this is going to be my last big(big for me) grow in my place, after this i will do 2 600 w lights in loft,
cheers for popping in chaps, and stick around it gets boring on ya own here:biggrin:

H

Husky.Rex

Just looked at your reply on the other thread.

34 is gonna be far too high mate. This could result in many problems i.e low yieild/airy product, hermie's etc etc.

Sticking with 2 600 will at least guarantee you with acceptable temps and a good yield.

You could always try adding a 250W MH without any type of reflector into the mix for flower as the added spectrum will make a difference in not only the quality but yield also.

mrsmall

Also i using plagron light mix in some pots and bio bizz light mix in others, (good advice from MR conner) cheers mitch,
this soil the plants love it and i not given them any feed as yet,
i will be feeding organic plant magic old timers

mrsmall

Cheers husky
Please give your advice on what you reakon, i have got 5 lights in there! currently 3 (see pic) over the 20 cheese, the cheese will be staying there in that formation, the other side is for my vert racks, which i will finish in a day or 2 when i work out what i gonna put there!
any good advice for light configoration, i guessed 3 over the 20 cheese horizontal then 2 verts, i think that maybe cooler then 4 euros?
thanks

H

Husky.Rex

Also i using plagron light mix in some pots and bio bizz light mix in others, (good advice from MR conner) cheers mitch,
this soil the plants love it and i not given them any feed as yet,
i will be feeding organic plant magic old timers

I've never used the plagron or bio bizz but heard many good results. I myself use the plant magic OT along with there granules and soil supreme along with a few other bits from Humboldt nutrients and canna's bio range. I made the switch a few years ago to go with organic nutrients and have never looked back. Hands down beats hydro in every department.

H

Husky.Rex

Cheers husky
Please give your advice on what you reakon, i have got 5 lights in there! currently 3 (see pic) over the 20 cheese, the cheese will be staying there in that formation, the other side is for my vert racks, which i will finish in a day or 2 when i work out what i gonna put there!
any good advice for light configoration, i guessed 3 over the 20 cheese horizontal then 2 verts, i think that maybe cooler then 4 euros?
thanks

For the small outlay I would look at changing your bulbs straight away. This is going to be the easiest way of getting better quality light into the tent without adding more. I use a bulb made a company called Sylvania, its called the grolux. It runs a tweaked blue spectrum (20% I think) and the results are very noticeable.

Light placement sounds good. What are the current temps with 3 lights running?

mrsmall

I've never used the plagron or bio bizz but heard many good results. I myself use the plant magic OT along with there granules and soil supreme along with a few other bits from Humboldt nutrients and canna's bio range. I made the switch a few years ago to go with organic nutrients and have never looked back. Hands down beats hydro in every department.

PM OT soil was £15 a sack i would have got it if not for the price! i used it before and found it good, I also got the granuales but dont know if they have made any difference as yet,
I pissed off with canna, last hydro grow i was always adding ph down every time i fed, it was supposed to do it for you in hard water.

mrsmall

Light placement sounds good. What are the current temps with 3 lights running?[/QUOTE]

I have 2 stand fans along with 1 vert honeywell fan and 1 5 inch fresh air from my roof intake

and yes i hear ya on the bulbs will get that done, tomorrow
cheers

H

Husky.Rex

PM OT soil was £15 a sack i would have got it if not for the price! i used it before and found it good, I also got the granuales but dont know if they have made any difference as yet,
I pissed off with canna, last hydro grow i was always adding ph down every time i fed, it was supposed to do it for you in hard water.

Soil supreme is the biz :)

The granules will make a difference. when I transplant them from 4.5ltr pots to 11ltr it takes them 2 days for the roots to show through the bottom drainage holes.

I used to use Canna hydro back in the day but not any more. I only use there bio range now.

H

Husky.Rex

Light placement sounds good. What are the current temps with 3 lights running?

I have 2 stand fans along with 1 vert honeywell fan and 1 5 inch fresh air from my roof intake

and yes i hear ya on the bulbs will get that done, tomorrow
cheers[/QUOTE]

I think your gonna have to stick with just the 3 mate. If you add another 2 into the mix your gonna be able to cook a chicken in that tent :biggrin:

Hi all i have now got my cheese cuttings well rooted and they were taken around 5-6 weeks into flower :)

I have 20 cheese ladys and i maybe attempting some pink salad autos in the vert racks as you can see in the pictures,
i dont have enough soil as yet so need to pull my finger out,
i will have to run the autos on a 12/12 also so i am still considering getting some other fem seeds sharpish cracked and then do the autos next time round, as you can see i have a good space,
temps are a little hot but the girls are happy enough and i got plenty of circulation in there, currently have 3 600w lights on in veg with another 2 600's ready for action , one being a vert but i will prob have 2 verts and remove one horizontal,

one bit of advice i would like, i have 2 parabolics packed up, i wonder if i should have the 2 paras over the 20 cheese on the floor, but in doing this it would mean i have to remove 1 600 as there is only space for 2 paras or 3 euro shades, temps pretty high with the euros
but for 1 extra light could it be better with higher temps i.e 34-35 or would 30 be better with less light???

i am stumped on that one could do with advice ,, looking for a yielder

the pots are 18L some are not full as they should be

ok hope you lot enjoy

use the parbolics mate and loose a light, the lower temps ( so less airy bud ) and the parbolics extra reach will make up the difference in wattage loss. or bump up your extract to lower the temps :)

soil supreme is a great product, miles better than plagron and bio bizz offerings, and more consistant in quality. once you try it you will not buy all mix again!!

mixed with guano it rocks :woohoo:

i

mrsmall

Hey great for stopping by chaps,
Rudedog love ya organics man you got some good stuff going on ,,
smokeand mirrors cheers for stopping by, and yeh i gonna put the parabolic shades back together tomorrow and lose the euros,
madmatt love the link to the micro grow :) stick around and lets see if i can get close to your yield LOL

I was given a bit of advice earlier by a old guru who told me he thinks i should just keep the 20 plants and leave the racks till next time as i not yet cracked any seeds, he reakons in 2 weeks these cheese wil be a decent enough size to just run them in my space and i tending to think he's right, as it would take at least 2-3 weeks for me to crack some seed and have them at a size to switch to 12-12 so i think i may just be running these 20 and give them a bit of extra love!

Some of these have around 10-15 branches as they were (monster cropped?) cuttings taken at 5-6 weeks into flower, it has taken them ages like 4 weeks to even start to look like normal plants,
but in last couple of days a few of them have really exploded with growth and funnily enough that has been in these very hot temps!

Anyway good to see you chaps
will update when i got some decent pics
cheers

mrsmall

changed a few things

changed a few things

Well took some advice but really i have just returned to my original light configuration,

2 parabolics on 1 side with 2 cool tubes, and now i am using the 5" fresh air intake as the cool tube outtake!

so i only have passive intake but my temps are spot on, today being a bit nippy my temps are at 25.4 check out the meter!!
!
i also have a vert bulb in middle but will just run that occasionally when in flower,
seeing as i will run the lights at night in flower i guessing i should be ok now,
fingers crossed,
these cheese are looking nice and chunky but so small height wise, i can reccomend them for low ceiling heights where people are resrticted and they have lapped up the hot temps, so i think pretty easy to grow, but they are very strong smelling
no nutes as yet!
decided to leave the vert racks till next time an just run the 20 plants, hope i can get decent yeild of these,
cheers icmag

Attachments

• P6030111.jpg
    P6030111.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 15
  • P6030110.jpg
    P6030110.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 10
  • P6030109.jpg
    P6030109.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 14
  • P6030108.jpg
    P6030108.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 11
  • P6030107.jpg
    P6030107.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 12
  • P6030116.jpg
    P6030116.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 11
  • P6030115.jpg
    P6030115.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 11
  • P6030114.jpg
    P6030114.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 12
  • P6030113.jpg
    P6030113.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 15
  • P6030112.jpg
    P6030112.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 10

mrsmall

couple more pics

couple more pics

cheers

Attachments

• P6030116.jpg
    P6030116.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 12
  • P6030117.jpg
    P6030117.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 10
  • P6030118.jpg
    P6030118.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 12
H

Husky.Rex

Lookin good.

Stick a Metal halide bulb in the vert position and your plants will benefit from the added spectrum and will improve your herb.