What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

European non-Dutch patients, good news?

BagAppeal

Found something interesting on the dutch cannabis bureau site. This info is for foreigner within the european union, and schengen area. If you get a doctor in holland to prescribe it..

Foreign patients
A European non-Dutch patient can, in principle, obtain medicinal cannabis in the Netherlands using a prescription from their own doctor. The procedure is as follows:

The patient must have a valid prescription from any doctor within the European Union.
A wholesaler or pharmacy in the country in question must then apply to the appropriate government agency for an import licence for medicinal cannabis. In the Netherlands this agency would be the Healthcare Inspectorate (Inspectie voor de Gezondheidszorg).
The import licence needs to be forwarded, in duplicate, to the Office for Medicinal Cannabis Research (BMC).
The BMC will then apply to the Healthcare Inspectorate (Inspectie voor de Gezondheidszorg) for an export licence. The export licence is generally issued within two to three weeks. In addition to an exemption, a contract specifying a number of details (e.g. the delivery of the medicinal cannabis) will also need to be drawn up.
As soon as the contract has been signed and the export licence issued, the quantity of medicinal cannabis ordered can be dispatched.
The wholesaler or pharmacy then dispenses the medicinal cannabis to the patient.
Import and export licences are only valid for a limited period. Once this period has expired the procedure must be repeated in order to obtain a new licence.

Hope this can make all of you in search of legal marijuana within europe to understand the solution is already there.
There is much more info on the dutch cannabisbureau.nl.

But to answer the BIG question,
The doctor has the right to prescribe medical marijuana to whatever he decides it can help for.

GOOD NEWS!!

If anyone has a doctor in holland they can recommend to foreigners in need of a medical certificate, please post any info that can be of help

neuroherb

The Netherlands may be prepared to export medical cannabis but I can't see many countries especially Germany or France allowing an import licence to be granted or even a doctor in any non Dutch EU country that would be willing to consider prescribing it.

Siomha

The Netherlands may be prepared to export medical cannabis but I can't see many countries especially Germany or France allowing an import licence to be granted or even a doctor in any non Dutch EU country that would be willing to consider prescribing it.

excatly, i just imagine going to my doctor and ask him for medical cannabis prescription :D:biglaugh:.......

he would prescripe me some therapy for sure :gaga:

but who knows maybe the dutch will be the first to start out with this and after a 100 years we will get some medical cannabis too than.
:biggrin:

An easier method is to get the Dutch doctor to give you a prescription and you regularly travel to Holland to get it.

There have been a few people from the UK doing this although the government now says that you have to be a resident of the country prescribing the medicinal cannabis so it seems that they have put a stop to it for anyone wishing to exploit this 'loophole'.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Keep in mind that the mmj from the Dutch pharmacy is irradiated with gamma radiation.

Is irradiation safe?
Russo’s BJP paper contains an assertion, tangential to his theme, that seems like a big story in and of itself: “Government-approved cannabis supplied to patients in national programs in the
Netherlands and Canada is gammairradiated to sterilize coliform bacteria, but the safety of this technique for a smoked and inhaled product has never been specifi cally tested.” (Emphasis
added by O’Shaughnessy’s.) Russo cites studies showing that
“Gamma-irradiation signifi cantly reduced linalool titres in fresh cilantro, and myrcene and linalool in orange juice.”
In other words, getting zapped with gamma rays may not only make plants unsafe to inhale, it can reduce their nutritional value.

Keep on growing :)

Another issue is, how easy is it to get a prescription?

The Dutch might not give you one unless it is for something serious. I doubt they operate in the same way as in Cali.

Siomha

i dont need the Netherlands anymore, i grow my own stuff from now on and the doctors can :moon: me....

thanks to icmag and my friend from up north.... Kodiak.:huggg:

BagAppeal

Many are doing this already and you can bring a lot with you on the plain once you have the right documentation. Get it prescribed in netherlands, then all you need to do is get the import papers needed and bring it home on a regular basis. but basically anyone in the eu, schengen can do this.
And that means you can bring weed legally through customs, and carry it on you in your home country.
Getmedicated europe

goo~patient

Found something interesting on the dutch cannabis bureau site. This info is for foreigner within the european union, and schengen area. If you get a doctor in holland to prescribe it..

Foreign patients
A European non-Dutch patient can, in principle, obtain medicinal cannabis in the Netherlands using a prescription from their own doctor. The procedure is as follows:

The patient must have a valid prescription from any doctor within the European Union.
A wholesaler or pharmacy in the country in question must then apply to the appropriate government agency for an import licence for medicinal cannabis. In the Netherlands this agency would be the Healthcare Inspectorate (Inspectie voor de Gezondheidszorg).
The import licence needs to be forwarded, in duplicate, to the Office for Medicinal Cannabis Research (BMC).
The BMC will then apply to the Healthcare Inspectorate (Inspectie voor de Gezondheidszorg) for an export licence. The export licence is generally issued within two to three weeks. In addition to an exemption, a contract specifying a number of details (e.g. the delivery of the medicinal cannabis) will also need to be drawn up.
As soon as the contract has been signed and the export licence issued, the quantity of medicinal cannabis ordered can be dispatched.
The wholesaler or pharmacy then dispenses the medicinal cannabis to the patient.
Import and export licences are only valid for a limited period. Once this period has expired the procedure must be repeated in order to obtain a new licence.

Hope this can make all of you in search of legal marijuana within europe to understand the solution is already there.
There is much more info on the dutch cannabisbureau.nl.

But to answer the BIG question,
The doctor has the right to prescribe medical marijuana to whatever he decides it can help for.

GOOD NEWS!!

If anyone has a doctor in holland they can recommend to foreigners in need of a medical certificate, please post any info that can be of help
i found Dr Cambridge in Amsterdam, i will post my results after i make it to Amsterdam and acquire all the correct signatures. I have inquired with a lawyer as well to get the necessary signatures here in my country which is the Minister of Health as well as doctor signatures.

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Good luck goo~patient! Keep us informed whether it works out or not.

Latest posts

Latest posts