What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test Grow - Verdant Green's feminized strains

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers doc, thats a nice scrog you've got going there!

right these are nearly ready now, smell like bubba to a reasonable extent with also a soft lemon type smell and a bit o' sweet catpiss. about 8.5 weeks
BS1 - the white tip is light bleaching from the LED's. for saying this was flowered under about 50 watts of LED (100 between the two plants) these buds are an impressive size to say the least. if this smokes well then we defo have a keeper
picture.php

picture.php

and BS2. i knocked a bud off this one a week ago so the only option was to use it as a tester. potency is very good indeed. some nice bubba type purpling of the leaves here too. defo a bubba dominant pheno but still with a considerably higher yield imo
picture.php

picture.php

VG

Primate

Wow VG. Those girls are really amazing. Your description of the sweet lemonny catpis smell reminds me of good times.

Had a early Kush pheno. Smelt like sewerage, really disgusting, with a sweet lemonny taste, made you so stoned you'd wished you hadn't.

Keep at it. BS1 looks like winner :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, the plants came down yesterday.
BS1, maybe could have done another week but the trics were pretty ripe. this has the same trait as my SB cut where it just carries on growing steadily unless you starve it at the end. good for yield but hard to know when to harvest...
picture.php

picture.php

BS2 was definitely ripe and looking great. stronger smell on this one. both have a real lemongrass odor as well as a kushy. almost chemmy smell.
picture.php

picture.php

VG

Woot!

Woot!

Looking great VG!!! Cant wait to see the numbers on this one!!!

My 150 L.E.D scrog is looking about done also! If u dun mind maybe ill throw a few pics up? Mine resembles yours quite a bit this run... down to the slight purpling between viens on some of the leafs and calix tips.

:ying:Would love to ask you a few questions if ya got time to answer::ying:

I was wondering if you have found a "sweet spot" as far as how many cola's (or heads if you will) you aim for on your scrogs?
Is more cola's better or do you try and keep it a little more open and give 5 heads all the attention and nutes?

dunno if that made much sense but looking great! keep up the good work!!!!! and word on when new beans might b avail?:bump::thank you::bump:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi guys, just wanted to round this off. Sharksbreath x bubba kush - the two plants yielded about 90 grams between them, with the BS1 weighing in at nearly twice the weight of the BS2

the smoke is very nice, potent with a long lasting high. good earthy creamy taste. surprisingly the bigger budded BS1 is actually the slightly better smoke.
smells are citrus, savory/thyme and an almost chemmy smell.

im pretty sure to make some more of these seeds to sell on the bay, they should be ready in about 3 months.

next up i'm desparate to try the Chem D x Bubba.

dutchy

fantastic cross looks very interesting, the aroma also sound great kinda like some out of my last run, with some LemonLarry OG kush ibl...
that was also lemongrass chemmy fuel and thymian aroma with some candy skunky kushy edges...
anyway i showed a friend ur pink/cherry bomb pics and haha man they got eyes big like cola cans and giggled like little kids in front of a candy store....
definitive one of the most beautiful plants along with ur bubba s1 results, i have ever seen fantastic job, respect!!...

peace.....