Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2012, 04:14 PM #1
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

Hi everybody, here is my new grow. Ive swapped the powerful 3w diode light for 2 of the 1w units because i was struggling with height issues. My cab has only 3-4' headroom and these less poweful lights mean that i can grow my plants taller without them bleaching... also the LED clusters are spread nice and evenly over the top of the whole cabinet which should give a nice level of light all round without any dull spots . Luckily i was asked to set up a tall cabinet for a friend and i sold the pro unit to him.

so the cabinet is 2ft deep by 28" wide, there is only just enough room to hang these two HGL 126X2 lights with a sufficient gap around them. power draw was measured with a kill- a watt at 236 watts for both units together.

and here is the cab with the plants added. these pics are from friday and we are at 3 weeks flower (up until now they have been under the 126X2 pro unit)

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:18 PM #2
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
and the plants, quite a varied selection this run, but the modular scrog allows me to mix strains and types without compromising the yield. i can also allow a decent bit of height above the screens as the plants can get up to arond 6" from the lights
soil is a new organic mix which i will list the ingredients of later. im hoping to be able to recycle this mix
this is my Original Haze cut (haze6) - at 3 weeks

and going to the other end of the genetics spectrum here is a bubba kush

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:22 PM #3
VerdantGreen
Mentor

and the third plant is my Blueberry cut which i am trying something a little different with, ive trained this onto a 2x1' screen so that it takes up half of the cabinet. the motivation for this is that i'm trying to keep my plant count as low as possible. caacity of the trough is 29 litres which is about twice as big as the pots i normally use. again this is at 3 weeks, basically just finished stretching.

somewhere i have a pic or two of the plants when i fitted the screens and i'll dig them out and post em up when i get a minute.

cheers,

VG

p.s. i intend to hang a UV t5 tube in between the 2 LED's as soon as i get the chance!

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:07 PM #4
ixnay007
"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"

ixnay007 is just really niceixnay007 is just really niceixnay007 is just really niceixnay007 is just really niceixnay007 is just really niceixnay007 is just really niceixnay007 is just really niceixnay007 is just really niceixnay007 is just really niceixnay007 is just really nice
Nice, you gonna add any green light or uv?

- Hunter S. Thompson
ixnay007 is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 PM #5
setaemies

setaemies will become famous soon enough
Looking good! How long did you veg the blueberry? Aren´t you worried that the UV bulb does damage to LED optics?
setaemies is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:45 PM #6
spiralofeyes

spiralofeyes is just really nicespiralofeyes is just really nicespiralofeyes is just really nicespiralofeyes is just really nicespiralofeyes is just really nicespiralofeyes is just really nicespiralofeyes is just really nicespiralofeyes is just really nicespiralofeyes is just really nice
Too cool VG! This is the future of cab growin' for sure!
spiralofeyes is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM #7
paulo73
Convicted for turning dreams into reality

paulo73 has a brilliant futurepaulo73 has a brilliant futurepaulo73 has a brilliant futurepaulo73 has a brilliant futurepaulo73 has a brilliant futurepaulo73 has a brilliant futurepaulo73 has a brilliant futurepaulo73 has a brilliant futurepaulo73 has a brilliant futurepaulo73 has a brilliant futurepaulo73 has a brilliant future
Picture of health.

Here we go again (MIS, Kritical Kush,Motavation,Suicide Cheese, OG Pest, Blues and many others)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=274159

Adventure in Morocco
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=182914

Wizards of Oz Testers MBS&Z99
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=228036

Ganesh Deep Strawberry Diesel
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=225420

A Life full of stupid shit is a well fertilized Life
Make your own mistakes and please don´t miss the lessons hidden within them
paulo73 is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2012, 05:04 PM #8
Guest304546

i'm really diggin' the set-up man, can't wait to see the show.

AD

Old 05-21-2012, 05:09 PM #9
mexcurandero420
विएरॊक् लोवेर

mexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant futuremexcurandero420 has a brilliant future
Haze looks very good in your space light grow.From whom is the Original Haze from???

Keep on growing

In volcanic soil we trust

Quote:
The natural state in which hemp appears was and is dioecious. Monoeciousness is artificial in hemp, it can only exist with the help of man, and without selection, the dioecious state will return in two or three generations. I. Bócsa (RIP)
Quote:
BTW that pluton sucked. We grew it outside-looked awesome, smelled great, everything but when dried, it had 0% high.
Quote:
I see it as a kind of wonder drug of our time - Dr.Lester Grinspoon
mexcurandero420 is offline Quote

Old 05-21-2012, 08:30 PM #10
VerdantGreen
Mentor

hi ixnay, as i mentioned i'll try and hang a UV tube i there, but the LED spectrum is 10% green so no need for that. green should help penetrate the canopy but also the large spread of light sources overhead should help with that too.

setaemies, the Bb was vegged for 3 ro 4 weeks i think. it has a very big stretch on it which is why i used it as the first plant for this double size screen. so far so good, just needs a little bit of 'fine training'
the UV, yeah i wouldnt want it to degrade the optical perspex used in the X lenses, but i think i have a way to avoid it.....

paulo, thanks man , yeah - so far so good with the new mix, i'll post it up.

Abner Doon - thanks, im hoping this setup will be with me for a while to come, kind of feels a bit extravagant to have two lights in there but they still use a lot less power than the 250 i used to have (which actually used 300w)

mexcurandero - the original haze is from seedsman in UK, they were selling off their old stock cheep a while back. i got two phenos and kept this one - quite mexi dominant so it has the capacity to get some big fat buds for a haze. the other one was much more thai. nice spicy catpiss smell and lovely high. not the easiest plant to run but it stretched a lot less from cutting than it did from seed.

VG

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)