What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi everybody:tiphat:, here is my new grow. Ive swapped the powerful 3w diode light for 2 of the 1w units because i was struggling with height issues. My cab has only 3-4' headroom and these less poweful lights mean that i can grow my plants taller without them bleaching... also the LED clusters are spread nice and evenly over the top of the whole cabinet which should give a nice level of light all round without any dull spots :dance013:. Luckily i was asked to set up a tall cabinet for a friend and i sold the pro unit to him.

so the cabinet is 2ft deep by 28" wide, there is only just enough room to hang these two HGL 126X2 lights with a sufficient gap around them. power draw was measured with a kill- a watt at 236 watts for both units together.
picture.php

and here is the cab with the plants added. these pics are from friday and we are at 3 weeks flower (up until now they have been under the 126X2 pro unit)
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and the plants, quite a varied selection this run, but the modular scrog allows me to mix strains and types without compromising the yield. i can also allow a decent bit of height above the screens as the plants can get up to arond 6" from the lights
soil is a new organic mix which i will list the ingredients of later. im hoping to be able to recycle this mix
this is my Original Haze cut (haze6) - at 3 weeks
picture.php

picture.php

and going to the other end of the genetics spectrum here is a bubba kush
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and the third plant is my Blueberry cut which i am trying something a little different with, ive trained this onto a 2x1' screen so that it takes up half of the cabinet. the motivation for this is that i'm trying to keep my plant count as low as possible. caacity of the trough is 29 litres which is about twice as big as the pots i normally use. again this is at 3 weeks, basically just finished stretching.
picture.php

picture.php

somewhere i have a pic or two of the plants when i fitted the screens and i'll dig them out and post em up when i get a minute.

cheers,

VG

p.s. i intend to hang a UV t5 tube in between the 2 LED's as soon as i get the chance!
picture.php

G

Guest304546

i'm really diggin' the set-up man, can't wait to see the show.

AD

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Haze looks very good in your space light grow.From whom is the Original Haze from??? :blowbubbles:

Keep on growing :)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi ixnay, as i mentioned i'll try and hang a UV tube i there, but the LED spectrum is 10% green so no need for that. green should help penetrate the canopy but also the large spread of light sources overhead should help with that too.

setaemies, the Bb was vegged for 3 ro 4 weeks i think. it has a very big stretch on it which is why i used it as the first plant for this double size screen. so far so good, just needs a little bit of 'fine training'
the UV, yeah i wouldnt want it to degrade the optical perspex used in the X lenses, but i think i have a way to avoid it.....

paulo, thanks man :tiphat:, yeah - so far so good with the new mix, i'll post it up.

Abner Doon - thanks, im hoping this setup will be with me for a while to come, kind of feels a bit extravagant to have two lights in there but they still use a lot less power than the 250 i used to have (which actually used 300w)

mexcurandero - the original haze is from seedsman in UK, they were selling off their old stock cheep a while back. i got two phenos and kept this one - quite mexi dominant so it has the capacity to get some big fat buds for a haze. the other one was much more thai. nice spicy catpiss smell and lovely high. not the easiest plant to run but it stretched a lot less from cutting than it did from seed.

VG

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
mexcurandero - the original haze is from seedsman in UK, they were selling off their old stock cheep a while back. i got two phenos and kept this one - quite mexi dominant so it has the capacity to get some big fat buds for a haze. the other one was much more thai. nice spicy catpiss smell and lovely high. not the easiest plant to run but it stretched a lot less from cutting than it did from seed.

VG

Interesting to see a Mexi dominant Haze.Never saw one before what i remember.How many seeds did you germinate to get this pheno???

Keep on growing :)

delic

Subbed,

VG, what is the temp difference between HPS and the LEDs running in this cab. My 'drobe is a similar size, but with another on top (ie a split wardrobe with the bottom half for flower and top for veg) and runs a little hot. Even using cool tubes, so I been pondering going LED for a while.

Thanks

delic

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
yo verdant..subscribed to this such an a excellent project, interesting setup bro..cant wait untill watching tha show!!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mexi - i got 6 girls from the haze but only flowered 2 - this cut was the only one with any difference in veg, its leaves were a little wider.

husker du - thanks :tiphat:

delic - LED's are cooler than HPS. you might be better running the veg under the flower part though as the flower lights are likely to be hotter ?

killerweed, chief bigsmoke, thanks guys welcome along :)

---

here is the vegged blueberry when i potted it up. pretty big but as i say it's stretched a lot more. shorter internodals under the LED though
picture.php

VG

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
mexi - i got 6 girls from the haze but only flowered 2 - this cut was the only one with any difference in veg, its leaves were a little wider.

husker du - thanks :tiphat:

delic - LED's are cooler than HPS. you might be better running the veg under the flower part though as the flower lights are likely to be hotter ?

killerweed, chief bigsmoke, thanks guys welcome along :)

---

here is the vegged blueberry when i potted it up. pretty big but as i say it's stretched a lot more. shorter internodals under the LED though
View Image

VG

Hey, I see molar clay in your dirt :)

How's that treating you?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heady - aye ive been itching to run this cut again. last time i ran it was probably the worst plant ive grown in years.. but this time it seems to be happy in the soil. probably the last time i'll run it though - trying to cut down on mums and i have plenty of seed.

amanita, thanks, yeah LEDs work great as long as you dont expect too much from them... you still need a decent amount of watts - maybe 70-80% of the hps watts you would use

ixnay, yes molar clay is in my newe soil mix. seems to work well but weighs a ton compared to perlite. i can only just lift the big trough (i have to move my pots from a sitting position as you cant stand up in my loft

here is the new mix:
30% peat
20% molar clay (sophisticat pink)
10% aged bark
20% topsoil
10% ewc
10% mushroom compost
2.5% biochar

then 5g/litre of each of these - Dolomite lime, rock phosphate, rock potash, seaweed meal

2g/l of miracle grow rhododendron, camelia and azalia food
2g/l of neem meal

4g/litre N guano
6g/litre P guano

the bubba got the full strength guano mix, the blueberry got 2/3rds full strength guano mix (mixed with 1/3 un-guano'd mix)
and the haze got 1/3 strength on the guano

all seems to be working great atm. i fed weak veg nutes a few times to charge the biochar, and i'll add another 2.5% biochar next run when i recycle the soil.

VG