What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Can you name this blurry bug?

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
It took a while to find this one - I'm trying to get a better pic.

It's in the roots and rockwool cube

L

LouDog420

Looks a lot like this...
images

Root aphid

RockyMountainHi

Veteran
DING! DING! DING!

I concure! (agree)

I have an associate telling me they are fungus gnats.

I wish! lol

Plants were treated with Imid - which burned the crap out of them - they recovered but started to exibit the same issues after about 3 months.

I've been nuking the rockwool blocks in the microwave after each harvest. That knocks the shit out of them, but I'm still getting some with issues.

Time to get SERIOUS!

Thanks, I'll b back!

Last edited:

gingerale

Veteran
I recommend weekly application of neem oil to prevent most/all insect problems, including aphids. Cheap and effective.

Ground Up

use amid in your veg for three harvest , after that you should be cycled out. i use it every other cycle as a maint...,.

RockyMountainHi

Veteran
I recommend weekly application of neem oil to prevent most/all insect problems, including aphids. Cheap and effective.

Neem might slow em down for awhile, but it won't eliminate them, and I think they get to liking it after awhile.

use amid in your veg for three harvest , after that you should be cycled out. i use it every other cycle as a maint...,.

Imid?

I've used Bayer Tree n Shrub, for a single application - the new formula cooked most the plants - they recovered - but those are the plants that are re-infected

I am going out today to see if I can find Botanigard or Azamax.

I want a double attack - prolly for the three harvest cycles like Ground Up said.

gingerale

Veteran
No....neem definitely kills em off, but for root aphids it does require heavy application over a week or so to get em all. There are stronger options out there for sure, but I like neem because it's non toxic and cheap.

RockyMountainHi

Veteran
I ordered a quart of Botanigard and I'm trying to find a post about Imid with no additives

The Botanigard attacks the exoskeliton then eats the lil fuggers from the inside. They carry it at The Grow Store, for $150+ a quart. eBaY is $85 .

Boulder Hydro can get it in a week or so, about $90 + tax

It's a living culture, so fresh is important.