What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sarasani's Incredible DIY Table-top trimmer

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
[TRANSLATORS NOTE: I do not speak German. I used Google translate, and some parts I just guessed. Certain phrases were substituted because they did not translate well. Apologies to all who are bilingual german/english. Feel free to suggestion corrections!]

original thread: (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=215223)
original poster: Sarasani (https://www.icmag.com/ic/member.php?u=162528)

I claim no ownership of this idea. It's just damn cool and deserves to be seen!

All credit (except for crappy translation, thanks to me and google) goes to Sarasani!

I had to break his original post up into several messages because we can only post 5 images per post now.

Original Post begins below next line.

Hello ICmaggers!

Some of you know that I've been working to build a harvest trimming machine, well, it's now finished and is fully functional.

This is a DIY for all who dont see a point in paying 1500€ for such a machine. (~$2000 USD)

Here are some quick building instructions ...

Such a perforated sheet so you know
picture.php

I found my project for class

picture.php

Such a wall flange I was also very suitable

picture.php

picture.php

(continued in next post...)

Last edited:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Then a frame drum had to be built around
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thus we come to the engine., Had at the beginning of a 300W Grass Trimmer trimethylsilylated cyanohydrines engine that can also be seen in the pictures, but then had to be replaced because one would need active cooling, and was too loud ...

picture.php

Beautiful dress and it's rock solid!

picture.php

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Ahja the cutting edge of a climate .. venti, had to cut the thing and turn in the right direction

picture.php

Then the engine mount was installed (all riveted)

picture.php

picture.php

And presto, the motor was on

picture.php

small test

picture.php

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Then came a speed controller and the remaining structure to

picture.php

picture.php

In the box and off to work

picture.php

Greetings, Sarasani

[end of original first post. What follows are translations of his responses to people's questions.]

----post2 (Where he replies to the people who asked questions)----------------------

I thank you all made ​​me trouble was worth it!

Maybe I'm the next harvest in a short video then I load up on youtube and tell the humble yourselves!

@ siege neard
Ne was still not as good but I still do ... and as for the engine because I will not triumph in the disposable society, have taken out of the air-conditioning, where I also have the rotor ago. Some pictures of the following as is now.

@ Flotstildeath
Somewhere around € 20-30 were the most expensive because the connection angle and the flange, but the've gotten behind and thrown to have everything on site then it is relatively fast, höchtens one day.

@ dimodz
In normal hardware stores do not think there is something like the ich.Hab discovered not long ago for me. There are two poles of 2m you according to your mood with special Wnkeln can connect with each other and the whole thing is really stable too. So you can already imagine what you can build it, especially if you know a good tailor or so
've Been working so well, but the engine is lubricated by an hour because he had no refrigeration in the home-made housing and had to be very dim, because otherwise the "original" was too loud. The engine is now in it has closed construction and needs no refrigeration.

@ H1
Thank you, as I wrote the video will most probably at the next harvest, so if the XXL box is ready. What I gebastellt but the thing has you so

@ gaiusmarius
1mm even slightly less., Did not last long with the first motor.

@ SDPC
I ask for. The plate was already there with colleagues in the workshop, since I only came up with the idea when I saw it.

----post3-------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Krampn'll soon need something just a larger number
've Bent with the hand and tongs, the photos I'm still paying the rev I can not say much, it is sufficient, however, are there a set of feet to the settle, I can always do I just cut yet, and a collecting bag from Flige network is also still there until the next harvest.

Greetings, Sarasani

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
[TRANSLATOR'S NOTE: Here's a follow up once he installed his replacement motor]

Hi, I wanted to have the photos of the gap to the perforated plate and the whole thing as it is now with the new engine are clean.
I'll do it once ....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sarasani

ONCE AGAIN... Anti had nothing to do with this. All the work in this post and above are the work of Sarasani and I claim no credit for them. I just think the info was useful and I wanted the translation for my own use. Once I had it, I figured I might as well save everybody else the trouble.

Thanks to Sarasani for this awesome idea and detailed pictures of the different steps!

ellinho

hey there,
it didnt cost him 1500€. hes saying "this is a DIY for all who dont see a point in paying 1500€ for such a machine" roughly ...

edit: can you still edit the titel of the thread? like delete the 2000$?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
hey there,
it didnt cost him 1500€. hes saying "this is a DIY for all who dont see a point in paying 1500€ for such a machine" roughly ...

edit: can you still edit the titel of the thread? like delete the 2000$?

I did edit the title, but it only changed it in the first post. I've asked Hammerhead to change it.

Thanks for your help with the translation.

Sarasani

Veteran
Hey Anti thank you for this translation, it could be really important for some of us on this board, i didn´t done it because my English is unfortunately not so good but now you´ve done it thanks a lot!!
Video of it in action is not possible because I've given away it but here is some Santa Maria buds trimmed with this trimmer, it worked good and fast..

picture.php

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Shit... Your English is better than my german any day of the week. Looks like it does a pretty nice job, too.

G

guest845704

Thanks for translation. I have to do something like this one. Cool thing :D