What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marley's Collie (Sensi Seeds) - smoke report

Max Headroom

Veteran
Marley's Collie

attachment.php

disclaimer: please note that i grew this from commercial clones, not from seed, so i can't compare different phenotypes of this strain.

why i picked it:
i prefer the sativa side of things to sleep inducing indicas.
after having tried a wide variety of "dutch" genetics over the last few years (all kinds of crosses with haze, white widow and skunk in them), i was looking for something with a more exotic genetic background. a reasonable flowering time (max. 10 wks) was also a must. according to sensi seeds, marley's collie is a cross between a jamaican strain (landrace?) and their maple leaf indica. it seemed to fit the bill.

sample size: over 50 grams so far
tools: ~90 % volcano vaporizer, rest in joints (weed + additive free tobacco)

smell: marley's collie smells quite nice, with a lemony/spicy edge. it reminds me a bit of jack herer.

taste: a very pleasant taste that i can best describe as being somewhere between jack herer and a "white" strain. it has a certain "creamyness" with a lemony/minty edge. while the 2nd volcano-bag of most other strains doesn't taste all that great, this one retains some of its distinct flavor in round 2.

effects: this is a very strong strain. certainly in the top 10 % of strains i have sampled (only about 60). if i pull two volcano-bags from most other strains, this one yields three.
the high is excellent, very long lasting, and for me combines the best of both worlds (sat/ind) in exactly the right proportions. the buzz is powerful and puts my brain into overdrive, without inhibiting my ability and motivation to move around and do physical stuff. true, i can get really distracted and forget about other things but this isn't some 100 % sativa of course. don't expect a crystal clear head. it WILL fuck you up! :) but this strain is equally good to do some chores, do something creatively, gaming or just to watch tv. couchlock is almost non-existent, even after several rounds i don't get nearly as tired as i do with most other hybrids. (which is great for sessions with a bunch of friends where endless rounds of joints are being rolled, but to be honest - i haven't gotten too many experiences in groups with MC since i keep this one mostly for myself. it's way too good for the "proles" LOL :D )
repeated use retains quite a bit of its initial power. (i don't know about tolerance buildup though since i mix strains constantly.)
MC also works quite well on top of other strains and it doesn't dry my eyes out as much as most other strains.

conclusion: MC one is one of my new favorites. a fantastic high combined with good yield and a reasonable flowering period. taste and smell are nothing to sneeze at either (even though it often makes me sneeze after exhaling a juicy bagful :) ) i am definitely considering growing more of it in the future.
of the 7 strains currently in my stash (white russian, white satin, black domina, euforia, ed rosenthal's super bud, jack herer), this is clearly a step above the rest (JH is second best).
a few friends who have tried it have all noted it as a stand-out.

in my opinion sensi's pricing policy unfortunately often works against the reputation some of their strains deserve (they aren't grown that widely and as a consequence aren't as well known)
i certainly wouldn't have shelled out 150 bucks or whatever they ask for at the moment for something i'd never smoked before - the clones were a fraction of the price.
but since sensi didn't make any money off me, i hope i can repay them a bit by posting this review and encouraging people to give this strain a try.

two very stoned thumbs up.

Attachments

• mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 14

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
man thank you was allways courious about this girl.

sounds like she needs something new crossed into her to keep the marley dream compeating with the best out there.........:thank you:

Max Headroom

Veteran
man thank you was allways courious about this girl.

sounds like she needs something new crossed into her to keep the marley dream compeating with the best out there.........:thank you:

hm, not sure what in my report gave you the impression MC should be crossed with something else. i am totally satisfied the way it is. (not saying there aren't any killer new crosses possible)

F

Fluffy Clouds

i agree... its above trainwreck, ssh or jh(i mean 70days phenos) too for me :D this herb has some character, its masterbreeding to me... nice report Max Headroom :respect:

mc

picture.php

L

LuckyPunch

nice report ...i didnt know what to think about mc ...i always focused her then my interest lost.
now its back and my next strain to grow

thx for reporting !

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
doesnt sound like the sativa high Im looking for, but sounds like some damn good herb! Nice report.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I miss this strain we used to have a good cut around here. Never grew it, but it was excellent smoke.

I've tried this before, thought it was very strong, however I found it to give an indica stone ....more indica feeling then Jack herer for sure. Quality weed, strong acidic smells, and very strong stone.

Latest posts

Latest posts