Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Marijuana use linked to depression

Thread Title Search
Click to buy cannabis seeds at Ace Seeds
Marijuana use linked to depression Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 10:59 PM #11
kmk420kali
Freedom Fighter

kmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant futurekmk420kali has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbenjii View Post
I've been a heavy smoker for a couple of years and have realized marijuana has pros and cons. There are certain aspects of marijuana use that should be known by everyone..especially those who grow and smoke the most.

Although I love marijuana and it's short term effects, i should have known a few things before I ever got started. The same way cigarette packs have warning signs, marijuana should have it's own warning signs.

- feeling of depression and anxiety may become stronger once high has worn off
- feelings of apathy may increase after use
- decreases motivation to accomplish tasks
- decreases ability to connect with non-medicated individuals
For every one of these lame ass studies you have been quoting...there are more that say they are wrong--

My GH at the pad-- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post4996785
kmk420kali is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2012, 11:04 PM #12
longwaters

It seems to have different effects on everybody. If medicating helps you, take the negative study results with a grain of salt.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:04 PM #13
zbenjii

zbenjii will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmk420kali View Post
For every one of these lame ass studies you have been quoting...there are more that say they are wrong--
of course, people make money off of marijuana. quoting studies about the dangers of tobacco to a tobacco farmer would likely get the same type of responses
zbenjii is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2012, 11:07 PM #14
Corpsey
pollen dabber

Corpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to allCorpsey is a name known to all
this is a healing plant, not the harmfull drug you claim it to be.
even with heavy use it doesn't even come close to the dangers of alcohol & cigarettes.

i went along with what doctors/psychiatrists told me to take for almost a decade and it ruined my life more then you can believe.

5 years going strong without that shit in my body and what do i have to thank for my regaining mental health? CANNABIS!

don't try to fool us with this crap

R.I.P. Brother Elemental

Prop 215 compliant
Corpsey's organic room
Corpsey is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2012, 11:11 PM #15
Anti
Sorcerer's Apprentice

Anti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud of
For me, I have a hard time relating to other people if I'm NOT high.

In a group of (sugar-addled, caffeine-numbed, percoset-chomping, cigarette smoking, etc.) "sober" people, I am at my best (friendly, chatty, looking-on-the-bright-side) when I am slightly baked.

I rarely drink, unless you count a shot of Green Dragon Everclear every now and again. (One shot lasts all day!)

When I am sober I am often seen as "glowering", "pessimistic", "cranky", "knowitall", "asshole" (Hence "Anti".)

I try to do the rest of the world a favor and stay high as often as possible.
micro group

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert. I am not a guru. I am just some guy who is here to learn - just like you. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Anti is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:15 PM #16
zbenjii

zbenjii will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourcorpse View Post
this is a healing plant, not the harmfull drug you claim it to be.
even with heavy use it doesn't even come close to the dangers of alcohol & cigarettes.

i went along with what doctors/psychiatrists told me to take for almost a decade and it ruined my life more then you can believe.

5 years going strong without that shit in my body and what do i have to thank for my regaining mental health? CANNABIS!

don't try to fool us with this crap
Prescription pills lead to addictions and withdrawals.

marijuana has pros and cons just as cigarettes, alcohol, and pills do.
zbenjii is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2012, 11:15 PM #17
Anti
Sorcerer's Apprentice

Anti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud ofAnti has much to be proud of
For real, my girlfriend - a non-smoking, non-drinker - encourages my smoking. For her sake.
micro group

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert. I am not a guru. I am just some guy who is here to learn - just like you. Take what you like and leave the rest.

Anti is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:18 PM #18
Anti
Sorcerer's Apprentice

On the con side... if you smoke too much for too long, you can end up with COPD, which is bad news. If you alternate your smoking with vaping/medibles, you can avoid this. Don't be the guy who takes the biggest bong load and never coughs. That shit DOES come back to haunt you. Sensibility in all things.

Too much water will kill you.
micro group

Anti is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:30 PM #19
sso

sso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post
For me, I have a hard time relating to other people if I'm NOT high.

In a group of (sugar-addled, caffeine-numbed, percoset-chomping, cigarette smoking, etc.) "sober" people, I am at my best (friendly, chatty, looking-on-the-bright-side) when I am slightly baked.

i concur, wtf are sober people?
I rarely drink, unless you count a shot of Green Dragon Everclear every now and again. (One shot lasts all day!)

When I am sober I am often seen as "glowering", "pessimistic", "cranky", "knowitall", "asshole" (Hence "Anti".)
i often need about 5 tokes in the morning to stop wanting to blow up the world
I try to do the rest of the world a favor and stay high as often as possible.
ditto and i have to say, after 20 years of heavy smoking, thanks to cannabis for being cannabis

any problems?

yeah, assholes with power and the assmonkeys that keep them there
sso is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2012, 11:34 PM #20
sso

sso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of lightsso is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post
On the con side... if you smoke too much for too long, you can end up with COPD, which is bad news. If you alternate your smoking with vaping/medibles, you can avoid this. Don't be the guy who takes the biggest bong load and never coughs. That shit DOES come back to haunt you. Sensibility in all things.

Too much water will kill you.

yeah i agree, everything in moderation,dont take huge tokes, if you are at that point, quit for a few months, then start again with small tokes.

ive been smoking 20 years and i take half a fingernails worth in every bowl.

see after that break, you will get the same high from that as from the huge bowls (i quit for 7 months)

and i betcha if you take huge bowls, its not because you ever felt less high from smaller, i betcha ya started in big bowls cause all yer friends were doing it

and once ya were doing the big bowls and accustomed to it , yer tolerance was through the roof and could accept anything else.
sso is offline Quote