What's new

Unknown Purp strain. Need Help! BubbaKush/PurpleKush/or Purple Diesel??

AmberMan

Day35

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Either Bubba or Purple kush, but I don't know either of them well enough to tell ya which one exactly.

I agree - the two are very hard to distinguish. We need a little extra info to help us out. What does it smell like when you rub a bud in between your two fingers and then take a wiff? Also, how much stretch did you get when triggered to 12/12 light regime?

Hopefully we can get a better idea, but you will never be sure if it's a cross or original clone as all crosses it seems always have many traits of the Kush. It seems to dominate, that's why so many look the same and are hard to distinguish.

How is the buzz, if anything less than spectacular, I would say she was from seed and an S1 or a cross. That's just my opinion, as every grower has their own, but at least she should be considered extremely potent.

TGT

AmberMan

Its smells like bananas when i pull it out from under the lights. Pungent/Sweet/Sour smell from the trics.

takkada

deffintly not purple kush or banana kush they yield long thick colas , it looks nice and reminds me of any of my og crosses . these sfv og kush babbys are at 5 & 6 wks , just something close to reference to. good job so far man. peace

TheNewGuy

the purple diesel I have leave's turned purple at start of flower so I don't think that's what it is

no idea how many pheno's there are of course

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
If you arent sure on the gentics then its all just guessing at this point. Could be anything and just a purp pheno of a number of strains. Could be environmental. Could be nute related due to a def. or overload of something. She looks killer whatever she is so enjoy and let us know the most important part......how she acts in the bowl.

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
the possibilities are endless.. really, with so much pollen chucking, its hard to say. Are you from a med state?

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
I have both Purple Kush and Bubba Kush. The PK I am not 100% it's actually the real cut, but I was told it was. The BK is forsure the real deal. I think the only way to distinguish all the different Kush around now is smell. My PK smells extremely skunky but also a hash smell mixed in. The BK is more earthy, hashy smell with no skunk - well, there seems to be always a little hint of skunk or sweet smell when early in bud.

May be people here can give a description on smell since all of the Kush crosses look so close in pictures - also the amount of stretch when triggered would help. Just a suggestion.

TGT

AmberMan

What ever it is, its a nice strain. It would be cool to know the exact cross/strain name. Got 3 seeds off of a 1/4lb. out of Washington. I popped 2 of the beans and got a male and a female. It not being my first grow I decided that I was going to back cross it so I did. Male was in flower for 4-5weeks and started to open it pods so I then harvested it's pollen and dusted the 3-4 smaller buds in the center of the female. I'm pretty sure that it's an OG crossed with something purple.

takkada

What ever it is, its a nice strain. It would be cool to know the exact cross/strain name. Got 3 seeds off of a 1/4lb. out of Washington. I popped 2 of the beans and got a male and a female. It not being my first grow I decided that I was going to back cross it so I did. Male was in flower for 4-5weeks and started to open it pods so I then harvested it's pollen and dusted the 3-4 smaller buds in the center of the female. I'm pretty sure that it's an OG crossed with something purple.

hope my pics helped. theres pollen chucking everywhere , it could possible be many things . i think you said it yourself (its a nice strain ). i would keep something i liked , so good luck and best wishes, peace .:thank you:

AmberMan

Lets call it OG Purps. I remember now there were three different names going around at the time. GDP/Purple Diesel/OG Purps. Its looking alot like OG.

Latest posts

Latest posts