What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Where's the best OUTDOOR grown IMPORTED bud from Dutch coffee shops?

C

Chamba

If you are in the Netherlands at the moment or have been there recently and have smoked some outstanding outdoor grown imported ganja, please let us know where it was bought, how much per gram and tell us all about how good the high was.

and also if you have good memories of some excellent imported pot you bought in a coffee shop awhile ago, let us know all about that too!

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Sanenmentereng coffeeshop had some fantastic grass from Ghana last time I was there (2009, sorry...), also Indonesian on the menu, but als sold out. At the same time, Katsu Coffeeshop had some Punto Rojo buds, but not that great, too way to dry.
The coffeeshop was closed last summer (building work to do in the block or something), bu is supposed to re-open around this strping from what I read some while ago.
I've had some pretty nice Acapulco Gold at Theehuis CS in Harleem once, and Pick up the piece served me with some amphetamine-like Durban poison.

Hope it helps,

Irie !

C

Chamba

gotta love those tropical sativas and where else in the world but in Coffee shops in the Netherlands are you able to buy landrace sativas from Asia, Africa and Central America all in the same day!....often what they lack in outright potency, looks and taste is more than made up for with the quality of their sparkling high and it's long duration (providing they were grown, dried, stored and transported carefully and expertly).

Rinse

Veteran
gotta love those tropical sativas and where else in the world but in Coffee shops in the Netherlands are you able to buy landrace sativas from Asia, Africa and Central America all in the same day!....often what they lack in outright potency, looks and taste is more than made up for with the quality of their sparkling high and it's long duration (providing they were grown, dried, stored and transported carefully and expertly).

Bluebird had a v nice Jamaican a few years ago, I remember it smelt like vanilla.
I like the "sparkling" high, like sunshine in the background of the stone, a subtlety lost to many modern strains.
I even prefer the taste of good brickweed compared to the sweet skunky stuff that's everywhere in the dam, maybe some will disagree but I prefer the "rustic" earthy flavors.
When I next go Il certainly be on the hunt for the exotics.

C

Chamba

I like the "sparkling" high, like sunshine in the background of the stone

yeah, you can "taste" the sun can't you.

I even prefer the taste of good brickweed compared to the sweet skunky stuff that's everywhere in the dam, maybe some will disagree but I prefer the "rustic" earthy flavors.

I used to spend a lot of time in Thailand in the 80's and I can still vividly remember the distinctive earthy taste of Thai bud.

In my previous visits to Holland (8 or more years ago!) I mostly smoked bud..but next time there I will make a point of trying as many types of equatorial ganja as possible.

anyway, let's hear more smoke reports about imported bud from Dutch coffee shops, cos if I can't be there, at least I can appreciate via through your reports

Rinse

Veteran
Surprised there's not more reply's, I may take a trip to A'dam soon and would like to know where I can try some good import sativa.

C

Chamba

Rinse, Lets us know if you come across any imported bud with an excellent high, have a good trip!

There's two good things about buying landrace sativas from coffeshops ...the first is that you can get a nice, long lasting high that is great for doing touristy things during the daytime and secondly is that often you can save a few seeds to grow, which is good for me as I live in the tropics and most modern hybrids do not thrive or survive around here due to pests, typhoons and high humidity.

If the bud you get a few viable seeds from gives a decent high, then the bud you can grow from these seeds will be much better as it won't be sun dried, squashed, packed mishandled, transported and dealt out...as each step degrades the quality.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Getting the "Jones" to go again...... A reward for the gratifying physical work of the summer.

I remember one trip I found what was called Nigerian. It was a great pipefiller to add hash on the top with.

Rinse

Veteran
Hey Chamba, too bad I live in a cold climate, but will let you know if I find anything nice, will be especially looking for S. American and African herbs, and of course some good Nepal hash.
My friends will buy lots of white widow and ak47 :biggrin:

stasis

Veteran
My favorite was a few years ago. Do not remember which shop it was... I asked to see each of the 3 imported Outdoor choices (Thai, Jamaican, and a third that I cannot remember) - they were exactly the same. The Budtender was a bit embarassed to have to show me all three.. Classic moment. I bought a piece of hash instead.

Good Luck Rinse...! Can't wait to hear about it...

bushweed

Veteran
Katsu is renowned for the Jamaican brick they sell, which I found strong and edgy, but seemed to be high in CBD possibly due to sun curing and or old age. Plus it might have come from anywhere. I saw a report recently that suggested half of UK street herb is imported from Suid Africa. Anyway Katsu is a good place to start and often has interesting haze and sativa hybrids. Elmanito is a good guy to pm on this topic, as he often buys imported herb in Amsterdam.

Rinse

Veteran
Im back from Amsterdam, went to a lot of coffeeshops, found plenty of Thais and Jamaicans, but my fav was Ghanian herb from black star coffeeshop, very smooth and up high.

I didnt find any S.American stuff unfortunately, as for hash I liked the rifman noor from dampkring and diamond from mediterrane, both great moroccan hash.

C

Chamba

but my fav was Ghanian herb from black star coffeeshop, very smooth and up high.sounds great, were there any viable seeds in with the bud?

stasis

Veteran
Im back from Amsterdam, went to a lot of coffeeshops, found plenty of Thais and Jamaicans, but my fav was Ghanian herb from black star coffeeshop, very smooth and up high.

I didnt find any S.American stuff unfortunately, as for hash I liked the rifman noor from dampkring and diamond from mediterrane, both great moroccan hash.

Hope You Had Fun, RINSE...!

As an aside, I read someone on another thread who wrote that Ghanian Herb had the most Speedy, Paranoiac effects of any weed he had ever smoked... You sound like you liked it.. Any thoughts..?

Peace ~~~~

Rinse

Veteran
but my fav was Ghanian herb from black star coffeeshop, very smooth and up high.sounds great, were there any viable seeds in with the bud?

Yeah a few large seeds that weren't crushed, there yours if you wanna grow em?

Hope You Had Fun, RINSE...!

As an aside, I read someone on another thread who wrote that Ghanian Herb had the most Speedy, Paranoiac effects of any weed he had ever smoked... You sound like you liked it.. Any thoughts..?

Peace ~~~~

Hi stasis, I doubt it was the same Ghanian, this had one of those long lasting but subtle sativa stone's, good for concentrating and relaxing, Im sure there are many other types of stone to be found in Ghana.
The coffee shop also had Durban, Thai and Jamaican
which I didn't get round to trying as it was the end of my stay.

Pic of the Ghana:
ViBjyl.jpg

C

Chamba

Big thanks Rinse....if you were living in the same town as me I'd definitely take you up on the offer.

Next time I'm in Am'dam I'll ask the coffee shop dealers when I'm buying equatorial bud if I could have some seed, as I'm sure they have lots at the bottom of the box..has anyone done this?

I doubt it was the same Ghanian, this had one of those long lasting but subtle sativa stone's, good for concentrating and relaxing

Sounds like a nice high, the type I like.......

sprinkl

Veteran
Let's see... 7 years ago when I just turned 18 I went to the Checkpoint a lot, one of the biggest coffeeshops Holland ever had, and imo one of the best I ever went to. Always a correct price/quality and never polluted or messed with, I never got ripped there which I can't say about any other shop I've been to.

They had fair quality import buds, that costed something like 2-4 € for a gram, when local grown weed was already €7/gram easily.
So it wasn't always a good value as it was a lot less potent, but it was very tasty.
I bought Jamaican once, which had an earthy taste and a smooth, easy going up high, exactly what you'd expect rastafarians to be puffing on day in day out. It looked dark and was seeded. I grew some of the seeds out in my first grow, one out of five germed and was female(lol on my seedcracking method though, a dish with overly wet soil with 5 seeds randomly mixed in it..)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=31880&pictureid=794736
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It finished in 10 or 11 weeks. It started out trifoliate for a node or 4-5 had quite some sativa growing characteristics like stretch, long buds that filled out loosely with big calyxes and sensitivity to nutrients. It never lost that overly fresh green taste, may have been my lack of curing skills back then though my other pot tasted great. Although it looks very resinous it was not that potent as my other weed, but still a nice uplifting high, able to induce some paranoia if smoked enough of.

I also bought Mexican once which was compressed and a yellowish colour. Sadly enough no seeds and that's all I can remember for now :/

edit: now I think more about that Jamaican... I say it wasn't quite potent though I never smoked much of it in a joint, it was very fluffy weed that tasted strongly with only a little bit in a joint, in grams I dunno as I didn't have a scale back then. I guess what I mean with potency is that it gave no or few body high at all. Just a different high than anything I ever smoked. Still with the relative short flowering time it couldn't be a pure sativa, or it could be a pure sativa that acclimatized to shorter seasons? I dunno!

edit2: I also got skunk outdoor in that shop once which was actually rockhard potent tasty nugs, nothing like local outdoor I had ever sampled before, which was leafy, soft, airy and lacking in resin, taste and smell. I dunno if they used a greenhouse or an early variety but that weed forever changed my mind about growing outdoor at 50°N and higher. I thought it was just impossible to grow potent weed outdoors :)