What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoky Mountain 2012 Guerilla Grow Show

It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm back, baby!! Since my last posts I've moved to the mountains. No more indoor vertical for me for a while, I'm going backwoods this time!

I've germed 40 high quality seeds of 12 different varieties.

9x auto ak47 fem
3x nyc diesel - not feminized
3x dna Rocklock fem
2x dna Chocolope fem
10x greenhouse The Church fem
5x greenhouse Lemon Skunk fem
3x greenhouse The Doctor fem
1x greenhouse Super Bud fem
1x greenhouse Exodus Cheese fem
1x CH9 F.S. Critical Mass 33 fem
1x CH9 F.S. Green Bud fem
1x CH9 F.S. Blue Lemon Thai fem

I've grown a few small guerilla gardens before and had moderate success, but never anything on this scale. I had a nice indoor op going for a while, but life gets hairy, you know? I've since moved up to the mountains, took a break for the last year or so, and I've been staking out some locations since the fall.

I'll be using subcool's super soil, or some variation similar, so I won't need to give them much, if anything. I'm planting on various large steep hills in a few different locations, one or two plants to a patch, spread out by at least 500ft and only in natural clearings where trees have fallen and spread out the foliage just enough for a solid day of light. I've been using google earth and my car's gps to locate small clearings, save the exact spot, then hike to it. It's pretty incredible for this type of stuff. I'm doing it this way to keep my plots from being spotted. If anyone would like to try to convince me otherwise, feel free.

Anyway, you might have noticed I'm coming up a little short on watering plans, with all these different locations spread out and whatnot. And you may be right. I'm pretty new to the area so I don't have any experience with the rainfall, but from what I've read this area gets regular evening rainfalls all summer long traditionally. With the weather the way it is this year, though, no one knows what's going to happen, and there have been major droughts. If it doesn't rain for over a month in mid-summer, I'm pretty much screwed. I'll have to hike all my water in, so only maybe a gal per plant at a time. The humidity is extreme here and there's a nightly mist/fog so I'm hoping that and some polymer crystals, and a little filtered sun, will keep them going strong all summer long. Feel free to make recommendations.

I'm also starting the season out, as you might have noticed, with 9 auto ak47s from marijuana-seeds.nl
They'll be in a cleared field with lots of streams nearby, very close to my house. I'm planning to put them outside within the next week. They're on day 13 right now (day 12 in the pics) and I'm planning to harvest them around june 25th to give them a good 80+ days. That way I won't have to buy bud anymore. If you haven't done it in a while, trust me, it gets old (even when hash is $15/g).

The last photo is my other project, some p. cubensis. This is my first time with them, but everything is going well so far. I have 3 strains, matazapec, B+ and Penis Envy 6. Next time I won't be a douche and I'll get original P.E.
They're just about to start pinning, humidity chamber is ready to go. I think I'll start dunking them tonight.

More pics to come. Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_3279.jpg
    IMG_3279.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3280.jpg
    IMG_3280.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3284.jpg
    IMG_3284.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3286.jpg
    IMG_3286.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 14
Thanks you guys, yeah it's kind of nice buying from the Attitude since I know there will be thousands of other people out there with the same freebies as me ;)

Ok, it's early morning here, overcast, and it's supposed to rain for 2 days, and I'm just plain out of room now that this next batch of 23 have germed and sprouted. SO, got my 9 auto ak ladies set aside, and I'm gathering up my super soil and gear. I'm about to head out to my nearby spot and transplant them all. wish me luck! i'll snap photos before I take them out, since I'm going to be hard-pressed to get photos of them once they're in their locations.

/
what do you think about these two outdoor? know much about em

No, I had never heard of them before this grow. I did a quick search for them but I didn't find anything real solid, and I had all these other strains to research at the same time, so I figured a freebie's a freebie and I'd be stupid not to try it outside.
When I get a little time to do that kind of research I'll be sure to let you know what I find.

I've found 3 mushroom jars that are infected with something called 'wet bubble.' Apparently it produces amber ooze. very gross-looking. They're all from the p.e.6 strain. I used a spore print of those instead of a pre-made syringe like the others, so it could have been any number of human errors. I'll just hope I don't lose too many more. I had 5 more cakes than my chamber can hold anyway, so it's not a real big loss.

Update time!
My auto AKs got transplanted the day before yesterday and I checked them yesterday morning (while spreading cat shit/piss around to keep the rabbits at bey) and they looked as happy as ever, no transplant shock. The first picture is the last one I took of them just before putting them outside.

The next pics are from about an hour ago, I added 2 more bulbs to my light setup and the 3 rocklocks and 1 of the chocolopes earned themselves a transplant. It looks like the chocolopes' ph is a little too high, so I added a little ph down to their water this morning and a pinch of epsom salt to the soil as I transplanted, we'll see how that does.

I'm showing pinning on my matazapec mushrooms, but not on the B+ yet. Like I said, 3 of the penis envies are infected, so the last 2 pics are of those 3 and 1 that I opened outside to get a looksee.

Attachments

• IMG_3310.jpg
    IMG_3310.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3303.jpg
    IMG_3303.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3300.jpg
    IMG_3300.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3288.jpg
    IMG_3288.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3309.jpg
    IMG_3309.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3312.jpg
    IMG_3312.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3311.jpg
    IMG_3311.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 15
Update time!
My autos are doing well outside, considering the past 2 days of torrential downpour. They do look a little weather worn and something's been munching on them just a little (insects). But they're all still there so I can't complain, right?

I did a little soil mixing. I'm pretty broke right now so as soon as I get paid I'll go out and buy the rest of my amendments (10lbs bone meal/blood meal, 5 lbs kelp meal) but as of today I mixed all my fruit compost with what I had left (~25gal) of subcool's soil mix. It's going to be about 50 - 60 gal, but I'll amend it as though it's 200gal, since I'm going to mix it with dirt in the woods to cut down on hiking weight.

The 9 autos and the 3 nyc diesel indoors are on day 20, the rocklocks and chocolopes are on day 30 and the rest of them are on day 10. It'll probably be another 2 weeks before I put any of them outside. I want to let my soil cook first.

Attachments

• IMG_3319.jpg
    IMG_3319.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 12
  • rodney in bud
    rodney in bud
    69.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3340.jpg
    IMG_3340.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3345.jpg
    IMG_3345.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 10
  • all9autos.jpg
    all9autos.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3279.jpg
    IMG_3279.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 11
Hey thanks you guys. I need all the encouragement I can get. I'm trying to put together enough money from this to comfortably move out to cali to go 'legit' so it's really feels like a big year for me. I've never tried this type of thing outdoors before, but I'm fairly sure I can make this work, or at least bring home a couple pounds. I'd be really super happy with 2 - 3 lbs from all this, so I shouldn't be disappointed ;)

Guess What!

attachment.php

I juss pud all at up in nerr!!

1 large brick, coco coir
1 bag EWC
1 bottle mycorrhizae
5lbs kelp meal
10lbs blood meal
10lbs bone meal
10 lbs greensand
2.5 lbs tennessee rock phosphate
~5 lbs powdered oyster shells
2cup lime
1.5cup epsom salt
1cup azomite
1/4cup powdered humus

I added this to a base soil that is made of:
2 parts pre-mixed and cooked Subcool's super soil made with FF ocean forest and sunshine mix
2 parts homemade fruit compost (lots of bananas, melons, citrus, leafy greens, yard leaves)/ewc from under an old mulch pile
1 part perlite

Also I borrowed my mom's compost screener today so tomorrow morning I'm going to screen out every last bit of that ripe fruity goodness I can get.

This is roughly 50 - 60 gal of soil, and this mix is HOT! I mean nuke 'em hot! I'm going to mix it something like 1:2 with run-of-the-mill mountain dirt. I figure I'm putting out 31 plants, to give them all 6 gal of well-made soil I'll have to hypothetically build 186gal of soil by amending only this 55 gal barrel full. That means I'll only need to bring about 2gal per hole, which is easy enough to carry when putting out 5 or 6 plants at a time with water.

Attachments

• SDC18206.jpg
    SDC18206.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 13
G

guest845704

I am impressed by number of ingredient, this soil is really HOT. I will be watching what happen next,

good luck!

Good news! My first attempt at mushroom cultivation, though hampered by numerous infections (thrown out 5 jars already, will probably throw out another 10 - 15 before I'm done) is a SUCCESS!

attachment.php

Not an overwhelming success at this point by any means, but I see shroomz! so that can't be a bad thing!

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 12

sneaky101

Just found you neighbor! Looking good so far (except for some shroom jars of course). Interesting to see how those grow up there. I'm considering giving a go at some shrooms myself. Got everything I need for the monotub except time and space. Good luck with your caps. I'll be checking in.

nephrosis

Post is tagged!! i cant wait till those shrooms start growin!! whats the outside area look like? i want to follow a outdoor thread and this is it :)

Thanks you guys, I journal because I need that kind of support. Obviously I can't tell anyone about any of this, and my gf just plain doesn't get it, so I might as well not even tell her.

nephrosis:
I'm using basically 4 different areas. I'll post pics as I put plants out, but one has almost no trees, just shrubs about waist high, but it's near a neighborhood so I'm not going too heavy there. That's where my autos are currently.
My biggest spot is a steep large hill facing south east - it looks like it was cleared out about 5 years ago, not all the trees are gone, but most of them are. Very few visitors to the area ever since. Again, shrubs and briers knee- waist- and shoulder-high depending on area. I'm going to put at least a dozen on this hill, since it gets full sun all day long from very early in the morning.
My third and fourth spots have a lot more filtered sun, but not the full tree growth that covers almost every mountain here. They'll get 5 - 8 hrs of direct sun there, and plenty of filtered light through the rest of the day.

Some of these spots have water nearby, some do not. I'm going to try to spread out my strains so I don't lose all of one particular strain if they get spotted by heli (which I highly doubt, since I'm spreading them around so much), but at the same time I want my harvest to go smoothly and easily, and like plants will have like harvest dates. I'll have to compromise somehow, cross that bridge when I get there.

Latest posts

Latest posts