Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Test Grows ~ New Varieties > Old Bag Seed test grow

Thread Title Search
Old Bag Seed test grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2012, 01:25 AM #1
Maj.Cottonmouth
We are Farmers

Maj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant future
Old Bag Seed test grow

So I find myself with many strains bought from the bay and bou that I should grow, I bought them to grow them right? So I am going to try to pop some old ass bag seed from days of yore. The seeds in these containers are at least seven years old and could be as old as twenty eight years. It is all of the seeds I have been saving since I was in my late teens. As you can see they were stored under great conditions (sarcasm) and none may even pop but I gotta try. I am secretly hoping for an old school road kill skunk. I popped the six beans pictured below today. I put three each into two shot glasses with 6.0 pH RO water and one drop per ml of H2O2. I put them on top of my computer with party cups over them. If they don't pop I have a few more to try at least.

Container 1

Container 2

Long term storage method

The chosen six

In water and hoping for some roots
Maj.Cottonmouth is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:16 AM #2
cocktail frank
Ubiquitous

cocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant futurecocktail frank has a brilliant future
cool major!
i'll be watching.
hoping for taproots
“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do,
every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.
And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish,
where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!
But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money!
He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

R.I.P. George Carlin
the funniest man to ever walk god's green earth.
R.I.P. Buckeye
cocktail frank is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2012, 08:47 PM #3
festivus
STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!

festivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud offestivus has much to be proud of
I wish I still had my pill bottle full of bag seed. I had some really great beans, but who knows where the f they are now...

C'mon tap roots!

Seed Buyers Beware! Don't waste your money on hype. If you have to buy multiple seed packs to find that "keeper", you're getting ripped off. Every female in a pack of seeds should be a keeper! We've been led to believe that lots of variation in a cross is a good thing, because some vendors would rather you buy several packs of their gear, instead of them actually doing the selections to fix that nag champa or golden clit trait themselves. For hobby growers, pheno hunting is fun. But mono-croppers who grow to pay the bills prefer a consistent product that regularly delivers the desired trait package.
festivus is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 PM #4
omni

omni will become famous soon enoughomni will become famous soon enough
Maybe with some GA3?
omni is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 PM #5
Maj.Cottonmouth
We are Farmers

Maj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant futureMaj.Cottonmouth has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocktail frank View Post
cool major!
i'll be watching.
hoping for taproots
Thanks frank, I hope to put on a good show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by festivus View Post
I wish I still had my pill bottle full of bag seed. I had some really great beans, but who knows where the f they are now...

C'mon tap roots!
Thanks man and that is a bummer, I wish you still had it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omni View Post
Maybe with some GA3?
What is GA3? I up for anything and I have a lot of seeds to test with. One of my goals with this is to find the best method for cracking old beans.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 PM #6
motaco
Old School Cottonmouth

Location: The road to Nowhere. But it's a long way away and it's going day by day so it's alright.
motaco has disabled reputation
good luck to you. Should be fun if nothing else.

Did you only pick six seeds to plant? If so did you do so for legal reasons to stay within your medical limits? Or was it just a random number.

Because I grew up growing bag seed, and the best method I ever found for growing them is to plant a SHITLOAD of them. Like I would literally plant over 100 seeds. Then within two weeks or even one week, I would weed that number down to ten or twenty. Those ten or twenty healthy plants out of a selection of hundreds means I would have VERY healthy plants.

My friends used to always ask why my bagseed looked so good. The secret was extremely high selection numbers. I'd only keep the absolute most vigorous specimen, and ones that stood out to me for some reason. The ones that seemed like they were calling me to keep them.
The point I'm trying to make here... is that there there ain't no point to it. Thats all it is. Because there ain't no point. You didn't ask to come here and you sure can't choose how to leave. You don't know when you're going to go. So don't take this shit serious now. You better have some fun and plenty of it. Because when the shit is over and you ask for a refund its too late. All I can tell you is to keep some sunshine on your face. -Mudbone
motaco is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:38 PM #7
Maj.Cottonmouth
We are Farmers

I am way under my legal number right now and I could have done more but I really want to find a fairly reliable way to crack old bag seed so I am going to keep trying higher levels of H2O2 and see if I can't find a magic ratio that seems to give good results. I stay within my plant limits so hundreds is not really an option for me right now but who knows, maybe Oregon will legalize it this year and we can go nuts.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 PM #8
whatsupdoc

whatsupdoc is a jewel in the roughwhatsupdoc is a jewel in the roughwhatsupdoc is a jewel in the roughwhatsupdoc is a jewel in the roughwhatsupdoc is a jewel in the roughwhatsupdoc is a jewel in the roughwhatsupdoc is a jewel in the rough
Awesome thread. Best of luck...fingers crossed.
whatsupdoc is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2012, 10:08 PM #9
Friend

Friend is just really niceFriend is just really niceFriend is just really niceFriend is just really niceFriend is just really niceFriend is just really niceFriend is just really niceFriend is just really niceFriend is just really niceFriend is just really niceFriend is just really nice
I'll be watching this thread to see what happens! I hope you wind up with something good
Friend is offline Quote

Old 04-05-2012, 09:38 PM #10
MrSterling

I'm always interested in seeing what comes out of bag seed here on icmag! Good luck to ya.