What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SOG/LST grow

taslicker

hi to all you Aussies and Kiwis.
hope you dont mind me posting a grow diary here.

these are seeds from a friend. they were supposed to be a Purps x Kush and a Ingemars Punch x Double gum.
though i'm doubtful about the P X K as the leaf looks very long and thin to me. nothing like any kush or purps i've seen.
long leaf1.jpg

here she is with the IP X DG
mostly sativa.jpg

and here is the grow set up
finished.jpg

its soil, 2/3 Debco, 1/3 Perlite
using cfl's
in 10 litre pots
grow space 500mm x 600mm

i do have a hydro set up but its taken up with 3 Easyryder, feminised Autos atm. so this lot will go under the HPS when the autos are finished.

my normal tag is slicker but thats taken here. just in case you wonder who the hell is taslicker :biggrin:

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Tasmania...ah yes..cascade beer...I've been there a few times flyfishing in the highlands.

Know a drop dead gorgeous woman in Ross too.

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
I like the set up. Very flexible attaching the screen to the pot like that. Had not thought of doing it that way. Very nice. Do you expect that will be enough space on those screens?

taslicker

not much veg

not much veg

Do you expect that will be enough space on those screens?
no Reg not if i veg for too long.
as soon as they poke their snouts over the screen im switching to flo so they dont overflow the space. or maybe sooner :)

there are 5 light fittings under each board so 115 watts if i want to. there wired up in parallel so i can plug in 1 or 5 depending on where and how the growth is happening.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Tasmania...ah yes..cascade beer...I've been there a few times flyfishing in the highlands.

Know a drop dead gorgeous woman in Ross too.

I think anyone with an intrest in the great out doors does as well mate ;)

ohhh setup looks solid taslicker :)

taslicker

waiting

waiting

they still haven't poked there noses through the screen yet so nothing much to show.
just a update pic to document the progress

getting there.jpg

the P x K is starting to show a more normal leaf growth after the first weird leaves. so i expect it will start behaving more like a mainly indica strain from now on.

taslicker

switch

switch

as you can see by the lighting in the pic i have changed the lights to soft whites and switched over to 12/12.
yes a bit early but i dont want these babies to get too big, they have to fit in that cab.

the P x K poked its head thru the screen and for it efforts got its head nipped off
and to add insult to injury its been tied down. let the bondage begin
tommy.jpg

i've just finished fitting an inlet and exhaust fan (computer fans on a 12 volt adaptor) to the cab. i'm surprised that these have balanced out the temps very well and with the door closed the temp is about 27 deg C. sometimes things work out well
happy0034.gif

the great thing about this small system is i may be able to grow thru winter, in this cab, without using a heater. the heating cost has always made winter growing out of my price range but this may make it affordable.

into flower.jpg

anyway not really interesting yet. next event will be when they show sex.
im happy with this system so far.
they are slower and smaller than DWC but i'm hoping it will give a more mellow smoke.

so far they have only had PH adjusted water.
i wont be adding any nutes until they need it.
there are lots of goodies in this organic mix.
i want them to use this first.
when i do add nutes it will be Manutec Bloom Booster.

taslicker

a pic to show there growing.
there in soil so a bit slower and smaller than my DWC. but thats ok, its all good.

twointhecub.jpg
i think one is a girl but too early to be sure, yet

taslicker

cheers

cheers

thanks for dropping by guys

Hows your green dragon going by the way?

dont have any atm :noway:
im hanging out for the Autos to finish before i have enough to make some.
its the best for med use, potent and long lasting.

Like the early switch to 12/12. Time will tell but it seems like a wise move given your conditions.

i'm not fussed on the amount of weed i get from this grow its just to give me a bit of variety. something to mix with my AK47 auto. :)

taslicker

update

update

everything's going fine. plants are healthy and green.

smell is starting but no definite signs of sex atm.

no sign of fungus gnats so the mosquito dunks are doing there job.

2 in a cab.jpg

iv'e got the bondage under way and the longer shoots are all tied down to flatten out the canopy.

tie me kangeroo down.jpg

i have started to add some Bloom Booster(by Manutec) once a week.

iv'e been reading about the KISS method where you use just Maxibloom (GH product) throughout the grow. but not this time. i'm a tight arse and i'll wait till i run out of nutrients first :)

taslicker

Hey! The plants look great! but the net is starting to get useless;)
not as usless as you think.
look at the bottom pic see all that string.
all that string is tied onto that net.:biggrin:

anyway on with the update

there both girls :woohoo:

opened up one morning and there were pistles everywhere. :LOL:

i've spread them as far as i want and now i'll let them fill out.
just 2 pics to show progress.
i've been neglecting these two.
most of my attention was focused on the Autos and these two have been quietly getting on with the job.
no problems with either of them.
they have started on weekly feeds of Manutec Bloom Booster.

2 girls in a cab.jpg

bondage.jpg

_Ina_

Veteran
yes,i see they are very healthy and bushy;) What i mean is u could tie them and shape them that way without this net. the meaning of the net is little bit different but however they look happy so u doing it right:)i can imagine their buds after month:)

taslicker

yes,i see they are very healthy and bushy;) What i mean is u could tie them and shape them that way without this net. the meaning of the net is little bit different but however they look happy so u doing it right:)i can imagine their buds after month:)
yes, i guess most people use a screen to provide support whereas i'm using it to help me with the LST and flattening out the canopy.
its all to suit the cfl bulbs and there lack of penetration in normal plants with one main cola. this is a hybrid scrog/LST system.

just my individual twist

taslicker

update
the IP x DG is frosting up already.
she looks like a White Widow at this stage and i have hopes of heavily frosted colas.
here she is. there are about a dozen equal sized colas

frosting up.jpg

this is a pic of 2 of the colas
two colas.jpg

and lastly a semi close up of a bud where you can see the spread of frosting on the leafs.
bud tip.jpg

i thinks she's a keeper so i'm keeping the rest of these seeds to breed with.

Latest posts

Latest posts