What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

California Lightworks Solarstorm Trial

cjk

Welcome to my medical tent!

Just got this light today. Replacing a 1k for the summer months. It has a lot to live up to as the 1k is pretty dialed in. The area is a 4x4 tent and the led is going in 1 week after flowering began under the 1k. First impressions are good. The light is very sturdy and built very well. It says it only weighs around 30 lbs but seems heavier. The red powder coat finish is a nice touch. Here are some pics and specs .....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

northstate

ICMag Donor
cjk- Pretty sweet looking unit you got there. The LED stuff is getting a lot better built and I am curious to keep an eye in here to check it out. Wishing you good transition and fat flowers!NS

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice looking fixture. I've been wondering how this unit (and it's little brother) would work. Good luck!

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i started this in grow diaries but mods felt a better fit here in the lighting forum
well, although I contacted you over PM and while i don't see a reason to post something like this in public
I will respond to your comment!
great intro for a thread in the grow diaries forum, huh! a description about your new led panel, some huge pics
of a led panel and a sheet about the led panel! great grow diary!

:tiphat:

oneshot

That thing looks like it was built by rives!! Very nice looking.

Holy crap, 30 lbs. Your tent is going to support that?

cjk

well, although I contacted you over PM and while i don't see a reason to post something like this in public
I will respond to your comment!
great intro for a thread in the grow diaries forum, huh! a description about your new led panel, some huge pics
of a led panel and a sheet about the led panel! great grow diary!

What grow diary doesnt have pics/specs of equipment? It is a diary of the current state of led grow lighting using some of the latest technology. I felt it would be more useful in the grow diaries section as that forum garners more hits making this information more widespread to help fellow growers make educated decisions on equipment choices. Plant pictures, strain list, and updates coming soon.....

cjk

That thing looks like it was built by rives!! Very nice looking.

Holy crap, 30 lbs. Your tent is going to support that?

Tent should be fine. Its the late model secret jardin and had no issues holding up an 8" filter and blockbuster.

cjk

cjk- Pretty sweet looking unit you got there. The LED stuff is getting a lot better built and I am curious to keep an eye in here to check it out. Wishing you good transition and fat flowers!NS

thanks for the vibes. i have no doubt the light will perform, just hoping the density and penetration is there

cjk

Nice looking fixture. I've been wondering how this unit (and it's little brother) would work. Good luck!

thanks, i was looking at the solarflares as well for my veg room but they just couldn't compete price wise with advanced. i got this unit as part of the feedback program so it was a great deal.

S-V-K

i got this unit as part of the feedback program so it was a great deal.

If I understand it right - you bought a light for discounted price but in turn you have to post your grow journal on the forum/forums?
(I'm not trying to say that you will be dishonest)

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
was this purposefully taken out of context or do you struggle with comprehension?

pretty sure ganja_hasi just thinks it belongs here in the lighting forum and since there is more discussion about the lighting (than in your normal mention of lighting in a true grow thread) i have no problem with that.

if you want to be able to discuss your LED lighting openly, i've found it's best to put the thread in this forum...

welcome! i hope to grab a kill a watt meter soon to throw you some data on the advanced and solarstorm fixtures. you're doing some great stuff on here...

thanks man, appreciate the input :good:

cjk

If I understand it right - you bought a light for discounted price but in turn you have to post your grow journal on the forum/forums?
(I'm not trying to say that you will be dishonest)

correct, you have 90 days to either keep the light for the half price deposit you put down or return the unit for a complete refund.

S-V-K

correct, you have 90 days to either keep the light for the half price deposit you put down or return the unit for a complete refund.

That's good deal in my eyes-don't know what's the price but anyway STOP wasting time and TURN the beast ON :biggrin:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks interesting, be interested to see the wattage it draws and how it does.

VG

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
As far as LED's go those look like nice lights. They are using 5w lights as apposed to most, who are using 3's.

I know that they prolly don't deliver a full 5w, but do the 3's put out a full 3w, hhmmmm.