Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

Thread Title Search
VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2012, 09:59 PM #1
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

hi guys and girls , ive made myself a new little grow. not really a cab... more akin to a rubbermaid type one i guess. I really need a totally separate growing area in which to do a few extra bits like flower males for breeding - but of course it would be churlish of me not to put the setup through it's paces and see how much bud i can get out of it!

so here it is, ive tried to come up with something as simple as possible. basically an upturned kitchen bin on a large flowerpot!

i'll try and show some pics to illustrate how i made this. i cut a hole in the top and fitted a computer fan. the Gelid ones have some great rubber fixings that stop vibrations. i sealed around the edge with draft exclusion tape.

heres the inside of the bin with mylar fitted. the small hole at the top is for the LED's power lead and fan wire.

said bin from poundstretcher. (UK)

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:03 PM #2
fungzyme

fungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nice
Yeah - don't be churlish
Can't wait to see it outfitted with lights (and vegetation).
fungzyme is offline Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 10:04 PM #3
gnaut

gnaut will become famous soon enoughgnaut will become famous soon enoughgnaut will become famous soon enough
awesome!
Current Grow - Mosca Negra C99 Bx1 and Friends
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=234750
gnaut is offline Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 10:07 PM #4
Brother Bear
Simple kynd of man

Brother Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Bear has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Bear has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty cool mang !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th View Post
I am not a medical patient, and I am sure to fuck not complacent with any bullshit laws.

Brother Bear is offline Quote

Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 PM #5
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
here's the pot. also the top of the bin which was hemispherical but i angle grinded the top off to make a collar

which screws onto the lip of the flowerpot which makes the bottom half - and the sawn off top fits snugly inside the top half

here is the light, its a cute little HGL 21X pro. it draws 28 watts from the wall.

back to the top end, and ive cut a hole in the lid of a clip type plastic storage container and screwed it over the fan opening. this is for the home made carbon filter.

here it is with it's base fitted, which has also had a bigger hole cut in it's as the outlet. this is the (as yet empty) carbon filter. i cut up an old can filter to re-use the aluminium grill - which i cut out with tinsnips. you can also see inside where i've hung the light with a chain which comes out and of the hole in the middle and is fixed with a carabina. this allows some adjustment of it's height

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:24 PM #6
VerdantGreen
Mentor

thanks for the kind words guys!

few more pics
here is the completed carbon filter... although i suspect the carbon may be too fine, the bits are about 1-2 mm.

and the inside of it, more bits scavenged from a spent can filter, including the dust filter

oh yeah - a plant. my shark1 cut, slightly the worse for wear as it got a little root bound... but it should pick up fine. i'll probably scrog it... for a change

VG

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:32 PM #7
#1cheesebuds

#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of#1cheesebuds has much to be proud of
ooooo we oooo I deff wanna watch this one.
#1cheesebuds is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:33 PM #8
VerdantGreen
Mentor

oh yeah i took one through the fan, which is not working atm because the adaptor blew grrr. it was a switchable voltage 300ma one and the fan is rated at 80ma so not sure how that happened but it got hot and then stopped working so ive ordered another one.
as of now it is being ventilated by convection which will be fine for a few days. the carbon filter isnt fitted either but were in veg and the (what shall i call it ?? ) is in the loft.

VG

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:16 AM #9
Dr 4 four

Dr 4 four will become famous soon enoughDr 4 four will become famous soon enough
Nice setup Verdant! I'll be interested in how that 28w LED works for ya. I've been looking at a few different makes/models and the 28w is one of them. I wonder what kind of results you'll get from that since it has the magnified lens.
Dr 4 four is offline Quote

Old 03-11-2012, 01:41 PM #10
VerdantGreen
Mentor

dr 4 four - thanks, yeah i really like the little light and hope it does a good job for me. the grow is still a work in progress and i'll have to see how the ghetto carbon filter works out etc.

VG

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Last edited by VerdantGreen; 03-13-2012 at 09:24 AM..