What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flushing: Clearex or Water

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Last edited:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Clearex once per month during the grow cycles. In hydro, flush for 1 hour 15 minutes. 10 days before chop, flush with 30ml clearex/gallon of water and ph in your normal range. Then replace that with plain ph corrected water and continue with daily flushes on your normal time sets. I change the water out every day

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grow vertically and just started using Clerex in my last two runs during the final 3 weeks, I use Drip Clean to release the salts during the rest of the grow. I like it so far, my customers and patients have mentioned that my meds are very tasty with no chemical taste that they have experienced from "many" of the local dispensaries, very clean burning as well.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
clearex is pretty much water and sugar. not that that matters becasue in the end it does what it says it does.
for flushing at the end i like 1wk water + sugars (molaasses, sweet, hydrohoney, whatever carbs & sugars are what you wnat) and 1wk plain water.
ph to 6.0 and hit em hard.
my experience anyways.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I have tried a few flushing nutes and I just love what molasses does versus anything else personally.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Clearex once per month during the grow cycles. In hydro, flush for 1 hour 15 minutes. 10 days before chop, flush with 30ml clearex/gallon of water and ph in your normal range. Then replace that with plain ph corrected water and continue with daily flushes on your normal time sets. I change the water out every day

Hey RR....If you're running DTW Coco, would you just let the system run with clearex for a day with 3 60 second watering cycles. Then swap to ph'd plain water, without dumping it. Since it's DTW and not recirculating. Sometimes I'll repeat a clearex feeding after 3 days. Then nothing but plain 6.0 phd water.

I use clearex, and that's how I use it. I usually start my flush 7-10 days before harvest. Depending on how they look.

Megas

I've never seen anyone walking out to their garden and pouring chemicals to flush their vegetables. Just sayin, food for thought.

Y

YosemiteSam

I do something similar to Greyskull. It is not really a flush I just change what I feed. I feed Sucanat/Citric acid 2 wks out then switch to water 1 week out

You get 1 litre (1/4 of a gallon) of warm water then add 1 ounce (28gms) of Sucanat and 28 gms (1oz) of Citric Acid. mix it up till all the crystals disolve then store it in a opaque bottle. Add at the rate of 4 ml per gallon in the res

It will get the secondary metabolic pathways opened, the citric acid donates a protein to the raw sugar (Glucose) so the plant can absorb it, we get a symbiotic soup that does wonders for taste and smell.

Learned the from Ozgrower

jd4083

Veteran
I just feed my plants correctly from the get-go and "flush" the day before chop. (Coco, Canna A+B, Tapwater, Rhizo are all I use...) I have also chopped without any "flush" whatsoever and had no negative effects at all. Still plenty of flavor, still burns clean, still white ash (not that this means anything)...

I do something similar to Greyskull. It is not really a flush I just change what I feed. I feed Sucanat/Citric acid 2 wks out then switch to water 1 week out

You get 1 litre (1/4 of a gallon) of warm water then add 1 ounce (28gms) of Sucanat and 28 gms (1oz) of Citric Acid. mix it up till all the crystals disolve then store it in a opaque bottle. Add at the rate of 4 ml per gallon in the res

It will get the secondary metabolic pathways opened, the citric acid donates a protein to the raw sugar (Glucose) so the plant can absorb it, we get a symbiotic soup that does wonders for taste and smell.

very interesting YS. Do you have any more reading for me on this?

Y

YosemiteSam

It was just one of those things from someone you respect. So you try it. Best tasting weed I have grown...so far.

I use to be a feed right and don't worry...until I saw the difference for myself. Now I cut out all nitrate 4 weeks from the finish (still feed a little NH4) and then two weeks out start this. Different level entirely taste wise.

Sorry i don't have any science behind this one.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
It was just one of those things from someone you respect. So you try it. Best tasting weed I have grown...so far.

I use to be a feed right and don't worry...until I saw the difference for myself. Now I cut out all nitrate 4 weeks from the finish (still feed a little NH4) and then two weeks out start this. Different level entirely taste wise.

Sorry i don't have any science behind this one.

I am going to have to try that out as well. Right now I am using molasses 2 weeks before and then water from then on and love it BUT yours seems super simple as well so worth the research as well.

Why grow a green thumb when you can borrow one from someone else :dance013:

Lowman

I think the amount of citric acid you add would depend on your water. Citric acid will drop your Ph. I use it as my ph down when mixing smallish batches of nutes.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
This is almost sounding like an inverted sugar such as Golden Syrup.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tate and Lyle use an industrial acid to split cane /beet sugar into sucrose and fructose , the excess of citric acid in Sam,s recipe would achieve the same result without boiling.

Used it instead of the feed mollases once and the plants certainly liked it as much , just too expensive and no micro nute thingies.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Edit: #1 I should read more closely (difficult when a small child is vying for your attention. LOL) I don't recommend Clearex because it's a commercial product, even if it's only a 'sweetener' and water (we hope). Chemicals on your veggies? No... a flush? Hell yes! LOL

I've never seen anyone walking out to their garden and pouring chemicals to flush their vegetables. Just sayin, food for thought.

#1 Your not original as there are thousands of posts like yours on this forum alone

#2 You're not alone in your simplistic assumption that veggies and cannabis are in any way similar as far as 'quality' concerns go.

#3 Yes, it actually does help veggies taste better to feed them plain water a few times before harvest. It's the main reason it's best to use a lower feed for cropping veggies like lettuce and spinach... a reduction in the unecessary levels of elements that DO affect flavor.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

woolybear

Veteran
clearex is pretty much water and sugar. not that that matters becasue in the end it does what it says it does.
for flushing at the end i like 1wk water + sugars (molaasses, sweet, hydrohoney, whatever carbs & sugars are what you wnat) and 1wk plain water.
ph to 6.0 and hit em hard.
my experience anyways.

great info. i noticed the sweet from botanicare comes in three 'flavors' wonder if they actually make a difference :p

definitely going to try this.

D

dramamine

YS, sounds interesting. Do you adjust the ph at all in the res after adding this, or just leave it really low?

F

Funion

I had completely forgotten about manipulating the Krebs cycle. I remember reading about it on OG a loooonnnngggg time ago. Thanks for the reminder Yosemite! Gonna play with this soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts