What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phantom's 2012 outdoor, partly swamp

Phantomx

Hi everyone,
This year I decided to join the IC community and make a grow report.
In begining there were 13 plants that I wanted to grow, than many more came and now I reduced to:
1x The Church-fem
1x Frisian Dew -fem
1x Purple Maroc - Fem
1x Mandala #1 - Reg -hoping for purple stem pheno
1x Guerrilla's Gusto - Reg
1x Northern Lights (White label) - Fem
1x Bubba Kush - Fem (GHS) -hoping for dark leaf pheno
1x White Widow - Fem (GHS)
2x TrainWreck - Fem (GHS)
2x Sweet Tooth - Fem (barney's)
2x Passion #1 - Fem
1x Durban poison- fem (Dutch passion)
1x Mataro blue auto (nothig automatic on this strain tho)
2x Shaman x C99/voodoo- reg, I'll call it the SV99
10-15x Lr2 F something generation (got the seeds)
some bushman (will get seeds)
I think that I wrote all strains down, but I hope all germinate, because from most strains I only have one seed.
The seeds:

I will be growing on three spots, one of them is going to be swampy, but not a real swamp, I don't think that water will
reach surface at any time of the year, but the soil is pure clay, and the vegetation is also some high grasses which are
typical for swamps I guess. But I haven't ever been there in summer so I don't really know what to expect.
When I last visited the swamp I dug a little hole, about 20cm deep, and I didn't hit water and because I had to piss I
could test drainage as well. It was very bad, but it drained,
so what could I espect more. On this spot will be 6 plants in 10-20cm raised beds depending on how deep I will be
able to dig without hitting water. This will be my main spot with 1 500L (Sweet Tooth), 2 150L (Frisian, Trainwreck)
and 3 50L(church, passion 1, purple maroc) holes. The spot will
be secured by a deer cam with mms function I just bought, but haven't tested yet. Hopefully grass
movement won't trigger the camera. Also don't know yet how to get soil there.
"The swamp"

My second spot will be a hillside with full day sunlight, the spot is really big suitable for 100+ plants if needed,
but I will plant there only 7-9 in 50 L holes (White widdow, Bubba kush, Mataro blue auto, the SV99, Guerilla's gusto
and the Mandala 1, maybe also the bushmans) and 15 10L holes with Lowryder2. Some of the plants will be plantet directly on a tractor path, because
most of the spot is 50+% inclined, and the path wasn't used for years I guess. I think that this spot is pretty secure, because
few people live there, the only problem is, when you are on the spot you can bee seen from 2 houses (1 is the owner, so I will go there most
when sun is still down, but hole digging (at least some) might be a problem.

"The hill":

My third spot, the "backup spot" is a spot a budy used last year and will also plant some plants there this year: I call it the
backup place because I decided to grow there because my budy was successfull growing there last year and I am pretty sure I will
be able to harvest plants there. Ripping off plants has become a big problem in our country, last year nearly half spots have
been ripped off, also mine, where I had some beautyfull plants and in the end I ended with 10g. I lost a beautifull spot, lots of soil
and of course many buds. This spot does not have as much sunlight, I can only guess, but I would say about 6 hours.

Don't have any pictures of this spot

This year I will be growing in a humus/peat/perlite mix, but more of this when time comes.

The plants will be started around end of april.

This is a short introdution in my grow this year, hope you will follow it. Everyone is invited.

Good luck to everyone for this season from Slovenia,
Phantom

(I can upload only 5 pics including smilies ?! So i deleted the smilies and a picture)

grahamwelington

Hey phantom, I like your spots--your countryside looks very pretty. If ripoffs are a problem then I wouldn't plant on that old road--when people explore the woods they tend to follow water or walk down old roads. They don't like to get there shoes wet or get on their hands and knees and crawl. So consider these facts.
I'm curious about geurillas gusto. Maybe you should plant it in native soil and see what happens.

uk ftw

Lovely plot you got there mate, hope its not too open but im sure the ferns will help with cammo

Gl

Phantomx

grahamwelington: The hill spot isn't really a big security risk I think, because it's in a part of the country where really few people live and the one who do are mostly very old. Also is the spot surrounded with vegetation that has thorns, I mean no matter what is growing there it has thorns, and as I said the whole spot is 50% somewhere less somewhere more inclinded so when things grow I think that no one will be so stupit to go there except maybe rippers. And the part of the road where I will plant isn't as nice as on the picture, on one side it is full of blackberries and where I'm going to plant its full of fern that grows very high, but you are right it is a bigger security risk than planting somewhere else in the spot. One reason why planting on the road is also you can't be seen from the 2 houses.
When it comes to security the swamp is the one with the biggest security risk, but thats what the deer cam is for.
You think guerillas gusto will perform well in native soil? I don't know yet, but there is a high possibility that I will plant one plant in native soil (or two), but don't know which, I need to decide between the bushmans and the guerillas gusto and the SV99.

Uk ftw: The nearest point from where you can look at the spot is more than 500m airline away so no one would see a difference if there is a cannabis plant or something else, but if someone gets to the spot accidently the ferns will hide the plants pretty well, ass long ass someone don't really start to stick arround my spot which I doubt.

niggle: Me too :D

ChronicFUNK

im actually pretty interested in seeing how that purple maroc does.. ive ordered some of those myself.. & subscribed for sure

Phantomx

Hi again,

Today I was carrying soil soil to my hillside and backup spot. I can tell you it was a hell of a work.

This year I planed to use this soil mix (per 100L of mix):
45L of peat
30L of compost
15L perlite
about 3,5kg chicken manure
200g of lime
200g gypsum
some water holding crystals for my not swamp plants.

I also wanted to add some bat guano, but I said it would be too expensive. I'll probably buy it for flowering.

As I said this was the plan, but few problems appeared, the store had no perlite in the store also not in the central, but they said maybe next week (right), I also got to a store where they should have the compost I wanted and they sold me some potting soil and told me It was compost, they don't even know what they are selling, so now my mix will have some less compost in it. I will buy some more expensive and worser compost and will hope that it will work out. I also don't know where to get gypsum (yet), but I'll try to figure it out.

Ever tried to carry a 250L peat bag uphill? I can tell you it brought me till the edge, I wanted to give up several times, but I've made it and brought soil to both, the backup and hillside spot. I even made some kind of shoulder straps, but it didn't work out, I even wasen't able to stand up.

zemlja.jpg

zanosit.jpg

Now I just need to carry some compost to the hillside and this is all for this two spots. The swamp will wait at least for 2 more weeks, because I can water the soil there and don't need rain to make it wet.

grahamwelington

hey phamtom-- outdoor growing sure is a great way to get a workout isn't it. If you want less of a workout then give the compressed coco bails a try. They are so much easier then peat and cost about the same. I grow in about 3/4 coco 1/4 compost mix. Pry them apart with a hunting knife and lay the pieces on the ground. 2" of rain will expand them. On wet ground just lay the pieces on the ground and they should expand overnight.

Phantomx

grahamwelington: I have worked with coco before, but It's about 5 times as expensive as peat and harder to decompress, so I decided to go with peat. If the grow was smaller I would probably use coco.

niceeven: Thanks.

Jon 54

:tumbleweed: Hey Dude what part of the world are you going to plant your flowers at??? It looks by your photos like a area I used to deer hunt in when I was a wee lad many eons ago. Have you ever thought about just using some Fox Farm products already mixed for the good earth. I gave up on lugging so many bags into the woods many years ago and my back thanked me in my middle age. It is just a thought to ponder I'm not trying to change your mind :canabis: How moist is your spot in the summertime??? Being swampy the soil there should be very fertile with the decomposing plants and such related to the area's that you have shown in your pictures. I hope to follow your grow journal and enjoy all your post's with earnest. Good luck, Jon 54 :plant grow::plant grow:

Phantomx

HAHA I don't think you were ever on my spot, lol as I said in my first post I'm from Slovenia.

WEED4ALL: You have an full inbox so I can't replay to your PM, but I'll give you the anwser right here. The N8 substrate does not contain any perlit and it costs 9,5e per 70L bag. You can buy it in local flower nurseries and It's not so heavy, so you can carry it also on a longer distance.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Gypsum--- Hardware store,,, called plaster of paris usually in the US of A.. ask for dry wall putty mix.

Ive grow GHS TW and WW outdoor, both do okay, and finish at start of October... both were good with mold. Stay away from the Church..... IMHO

Last edited:

Phantomx

Hi,

I got some seeds few days back :woohoo:

-bushman
-local/blueberryXdeep chunk/pine tar kush
-lavenderXbushman

I was thihking about planting 1 bushman and 2 of the other two and removing the ww. Maybe I'll also go with some 30L holes instead of 50, we'll see.

Phantomx

It looks like I'll have to replace the gypsum part in my mix with lime, because the nearest "store" where I can get it is the factory where it is produced and this is to far away just for a little bag of gypsum :wallbash:

Yesterday I forgot to mention, that the Lavender bushman was made with a clone from Soma. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts