Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Grow It! > Growers Forums > Indoor Grows - Hydro > 8k ebb and grow.. first attempt at hydro!

Thread Title Search    
Click for Weed Seed Shop
 8k ebb and grow.. first attempt at hydro! Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #31
mr.shiva

mr.shiva is a jewel in the roughmr.shiva is a jewel in the roughmr.shiva is a jewel in the rough
nice how often you flood those things?
mr.shiva jest offline   Quote

Old 02-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #32
netprophet

netprophet is a glorious beacon of lightnetprophet is a glorious beacon of lightnetprophet is a glorious beacon of lightnetprophet is a glorious beacon of lightnetprophet is a glorious beacon of light
twice a day towards the end.
netprophet jest offline   Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #33
Guest 243982

Wow that is an awesome setup

Old 02-21-2012, 12:33 AM   #34
shredGnar

shredGnar will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by netprophet View Post
hey bro, I use ebb and gro buckets too with hugo blocks raised up by net pots and just run veg+bloom nutes with nothing else. I was recommended this by my local shop and it works great. I had my return pump fail too and found the float valve was sticking in the brain bucket. here are the hugos I just pulled;

[/quote]

Hugo blocks? not familiar with the term is it the same as rockwool..the stuff in your pics? and when you say raised with net pots do you mean there's a net pot in the buckets holding up the blocks?..no hydroton?

what size are the blocks? could you post/send pics of them in the buckets? that sounds like it's right down my alley man thanks for the input
shredGnar jest offline   Quote

Old 02-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #35
shredGnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple1A4 View Post
Wow that is an awesome setup
thanks pineapple.. that's what I'm gonna be running next grow!

Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #36
netprophet

netprophet is a glorious beacon of lightnetprophet is a glorious beacon of lightnetprophet is a glorious beacon of lightnetprophet is a glorious beacon of lightnetprophet is a glorious beacon of light
I don't use the top slip in bucket just a heavy duty net pot in the bottom bucket. I think it's a 6" net pot to be exact. I water once a day for the first 3-4 weeks then 2x daily when they get big and fat. I'm using veg+bloom nutrients with tap water and a little ph down between rez changes weekly. I have tried a lot of mediums like coco and soil and nothing has come close to the rockwool/veg+bloom combo.
netprophet jest offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #37
shredGnar

Sick man, thanks for the pics. So is the net pot put in upside down to prop up the cubes? Also are they 6" blocks?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 AM   #38
Korngut

Korngut is on a distinguished road
shred, very cool room. something good is coming
Korngut jest offline   Quote

Old 02-22-2012, 08:31 AM   #39
shredGnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korngut View Post
shred, very cool room. something good is coming
thanks a lot man.. here's some a couple snaps.

you can see the metal halide bulbs in the back two hoods...had some problems with bulbs and this was all we had on hand

Old 02-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #40
DHF

Be very careful growin plants that big with such small feed and drain lines cuz roots will clog the shit out of em and kill flow , which in turn kills the plants......

I ran 5 gal ebb and flow bucket flip rooms for over 5 yrs , and gotta say it`s 1 of the most bulletproof setups there is out there once dialed......but....

Yas gotta know the system`s limitations and weak links , and you`re lookin at the potential for 1 as we speak.....I hard-plumbed all my setup`s and used ebb and flow "overflow screen" fittings on the insides of the buckets so roots would grow around the screen and not follow the juice back down the drains for potential clogging.....

I also used big ass pumps to blast roots back away from the holes with each feed and by doing so trained the rootmasses away from the feed/drainholes ......

Lights on/off temps should never exceed 10 degree variables , and cold rootzones will stop growth in it`s tracks and the plants`ll start yellowing with leaves droppin off the plants as yours did....

Rez OR rootzone temps not to exceed 70 degrees or go below 65 , though root rot`s not much of a problem with a dialed ebb and flow bucket setup , but I have seen it happen in the last yr or so with folks filling the smaller containers up with roots and flow stopped causing crop death....and....

Yas can get those buckets up off the concrete floor with 2 x 4 frames and plywood on top to help rootzones from gettin too cold as well , while lettin em back down on the slab during summer ta keep em cool.....

Almost forgot.... When possible , get those other 2 KW`s in that room so you`ll be sportin 50 watts per sq ft minimum ftw......

Wonderin how much they`re gonna stretch once flipped....anyways....

Good luck and holler if I can help....

Peace...DHF..........

Last edited by DHF; 02-22-2012 at 03:23 PM..

Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #41
shredGnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHF View Post
Be very careful growin plants that big with such small feed and drain lines cuz roots will clog the shit out of em and kill flow , which in turn kills the plants......

I ran 5 gal ebb and flow bucket flip rooms for over 5 yrs , and gotta say it`s 1 of the most bulletproof setups there is out there once dialed......but....

Yas gotta know the system`s limitations and weak links , and you`re lookin at the potential for 1 as we speak.....I hard-plumbed all my setup`s and used ebb and flow "overflow screen" fittings on the insides of the buckets so roots would grow around the screen and not follow the juice back down the drains for potential clogging.....

I also used big ass pumps to blast roots back away from the holes with each feed and by doing so trained the rootmasses away from the feed/drainholes ......

Lights on/off temps should never exceed 10 degree variables , and cold rootzones will stop growth in it`s tracks and the plants`ll start yellowing with leaves droppin off the plants as yours did....

Rez OR rootzone temps not to exceed 70 degrees or go below 65 , though root rot`s not much of a problem with a dialed ebb and flow bucket setup , but I have seen it happen in the last yr or so with folks filling the smaller containers up with roots and flow stopped causing crop death....and....

Yas can get those buckets up off the concrete floor with 2 x 4 frames and plywood on top to help rootzones from gettin too cold as well , while lettin em back down on the slab during summer ta keep em cool.....

Almost forgot.... When possible , get those other 2 KW`s in that room so you`ll be sportin 50 watts per sq ft minimum ftw......

Wonderin how much they`re gonna stretch once flipped....anyways....

Good luck and holler if I can help....

Peace...DHF..........
Appreciate you stopping in DHF...

I have heard of the roots clogging problem and will definitely keep an eye out for that.

I've got some big plans for next grow, possibly scrog but I did build a bucket where I moved the float switch 3" up. This way I can lay the buckets on two 2x4's, and no water is left in the bottom.

A few of the larger plants were looking over watered, I believe because of the stagnant water in the bottom so I put in an extra inner pot and this raised them enough out of the water they no longer are drooping...

really appreciate all the advice!

shred

Old 03-05-2012, 06:24 AM   #42
shredGnar

update!

Sorry for the delay but here are some pics.. approx 2 weeks into flowering at this point..

LSD's stretching!

pineapple plant

pineapple in front, hashplant in back

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php...ctureid=848269

Here are clones I took of the best looking pineapple and hashplants for next run, the hashplants are up front in the rapid rooters, and the rockwool plugs and rapid rooters to the right are pineapple (ran out of rockwool plugs,hence the rapid rooters) Under a 400 watt t5 flouro until they go onto their 6" blocks in a few days

Old 03-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #43
shredGnar

About 5 days in the 3" blocks

Clones have been growing kind of yellow/pale green leaves. Does it look like a nitrogen deficiency ? Will be using lucas formula for this run.. should I up the ppm a bit at this point?
If anyone is familiar with lucas would you go 5-10 or just jump to 8-16?

Old 03-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #44
shredGnar

Old 03-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #45
shredGnar

oh ya.. buds!

do they look like they're on track for day 17?