Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Hydro > 8k ebb and grow.. first attempt at hydro!

Thread Title Search
Visit Precision Extraction
8k ebb and grow.. first attempt at hydro! Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 PM #11
Ni_Wan

Ni_Wan is on a distinguished road
Great room to grow, what nutrients you are using?
un saludo
Ni_Wan is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2012, 10:12 PM #12
LAION

LAION is a glorious beacon of lightLAION is a glorious beacon of lightLAION is a glorious beacon of lightLAION is a glorious beacon of lightLAION is a glorious beacon of lightLAION is a glorious beacon of lightLAION is a glorious beacon of lightLAION is a glorious beacon of lightLAION is a glorious beacon of lightLAION is a glorious beacon of lightLAION is a glorious beacon of light
subscribed.. keep it up dude looks really nice!
LAION is offline Quote

Old 02-17-2012, 11:35 PM #13
shredGnar

shredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the rough
House and garden for the nutes.

Was running the whole line, have since dropped roots excel. (used until about 2 weeks ago, I don't think it's necessary after they've gotten their roots established..)

Thinking about skipping the shooting powder and just using maxi and koolbloom.. just because of the $$ difference
shredGnar is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2012, 04:39 AM #14
shredGnar

shredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the roughshredGnar is a jewel in the rough
Here's some pics after the first day of lights out, and some haircuts! Only did half the room, the rest will have to wait until sunday

Old 02-18-2012, 04:42 AM #15
shredGnar

Here are the pics of the yellowing I was talking about..

and a different plant

STATS from today from the res that hold these plants..

EC 1.7
Temp 60 (colder than usual..assuming because the lights were out for 12 hours for the first time)
pH 6.5 .. a little high but I brought it down to 6.2 with some natural down..

EDIT: The drain pumps (in the controller bucket) failed and the buckets were filled for several hours, and they all appeared to be over watered. Any fix for this? They seem to be perking up now..
any suggestions??

Old 02-18-2012, 04:52 AM #16
Herbophile

Herbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really nice
Nice room. I've never run to this scale but I do use a cap ebb and grow system and I'm a Maxibloom only user for ease of use. And it's cheap as you said. It's as easy as it gets in my experience.

My process in flower is I fill a new res with 7g/gallon and just add back plain water for 5-7 days and then do a res change. I flood every 4 hours for 15 minutes lights on and 1 time lights off. I consistently pull almost 2lb/1k doing this. This is strain dependent of course.

I run 14 plants under a 2k and I veg them to about 12-15 inches or so. When I drop the plants into the buckets I only veg them for about 4-7 days before I flip to 12/12.

I always run my ph from 5.5 to 6.0.
Herbophile is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2012, 04:58 AM #17
shredGnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbophile View Post
Nice room. I've never run to this scale but I do use a cap ebb and grow system and I'm a Maxibloom only user for ease of use. And it's cheap as you said. It's as easy as it gets in my experience.

My process in flower is I fill a new res with 7g/gallon and just add back plain water for 5-7 days and then do a res change. I flood every 4 hours for 15 minutes lights on and 1 time lights off. I consistently pull almost 2lb/1k doing this. This is strain dependent of course.

I run 14 plants under a 2k and I veg them to about 12-15 inches or so. When I drop the plants into the buckets I only veg them for about 4-7 days before I flip to 12/12.

I always run my ph from 5.5 to 6.0.
Appreciate the advice...

you say they are flowered at 12-15 inches but are only verged in the buckets for a week.. do you veg them in rockwool before? If so what size?..
that's my plan for next bloom.. I just took about 38 clones of pineapple..planning on running 30 under 4k next run

Old 02-18-2012, 05:04 AM #18
SensiBC

SensiBC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredGnar View Post
EC 1.7
Temp 60 (colder than usual..assuming because the lights were out for 12 hours for the first time)
pH 6.5 .. a little high but I brought it down to 6.2 with some natural down..

EDIT: The drain pumps (in the controller bucket) failed and the buckets were filled for several hours, and they all appeared to be over watered. Any fix for this? They seem to be perking up now..
any suggestions??
Your Ph is too high for hydroponics, so the yellowing you're seeing may very well be due to that. 5.5-5.8 is supposedly the Hydro sweet spot, with a lot of people tending to start at 5.2 and letting the ph naturally drift to 6.0 before ph-ing it back down again.

6.2-6.8 is more of a soil ph range, so if you're running E&F I'd get it lower.

As far as the pump failing and the plants exhibiting overwatering symptoms, they were probably just experiencing a lack of dissolved oxygen. Assuming you've gotten the pump working again, your res temps are cool enough, and everything is functioning as it should, they'll probably be ok.
SensiBC is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2012, 05:05 AM #19
Herbophile

Herbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really niceHerbophile is just really nice
I normally get roots in an EZ Clone then put them in 4x4 pots of hydroton on a small flood and drain table until they are 12-15 then transplant into the buckets. Then I veg for 5-7 days, then flip. It's been working real well but I'm now trying to do my cloning and veging in cups of coco to reduce the equipment and maintenance. I'm on my first run right now using the coco.

You said the drain pump failed to drain. What did you do to fix it? Sometimes if you fiddle with the pump between cycles it'll get an air bubble in the pump and cause it to not drain. Just a thought. Anytime I clean or move them I make sure I'm there on the next drain cycle to make sure they are working.
Herbophile is offline Quote

Old 02-18-2012, 05:05 AM #20
cody2white
ghost in training

cody2white is just really nicecody2white is just really nicecody2white is just really nicecody2white is just really nicecody2white is just really nicecody2white is just really nicecody2white is just really nicecody2white is just really nicecody2white is just really nicecody2white is just really nicecody2white is just really nice
Looking good man! My chair is pulled up

Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up
cody2white is offline Quote