What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO SUDDENLY COULDENT HANDLE SMOKING ONE DAY

I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I used to be able to smoke a eigth in a blunt of home grown TGA or chem stuff and one day I just freaked out smoking anything mroe than a hit. same with alchohol. Im now understanding that the thyroid controlls every organ in your body and your bodys entire metabolism(not just the what you eat metabolism, but how your entire bodys metabolism works for all your organs). I found a study from 1968, which you guys can take with a grain of salt, but it stated how cannabis effected the endocrin systems administration of hormones. it said that their was evidence that the system got used to cannabis in some patients, but more study would need to be conducted. however, im assuming this is not the same for everyone. Now, at the age of 23, I have an enlarged thyroid. now for those of you who know how the pituitary gland, thyroid and adrenal system works, youll understand that for some people, long term cannabis use might seriously impact them. I am letting you guys know who became super sensitive to marijuana, alchohol one day and who might have some of the symptoms of thyroid disorder, such as fatigue, feeling tired all the time, brain fog. to go to a doctor and get a thyroid panel and TSH test, because smoking and drinking could make you feel a million times worse. This is not a anti cannabis or alcohol rant, but after finding out why I one day and for the last 6 years have felt MISERABLENESS, and that I could have changed soem lifestyle choices, I would have in a minut to not have to deal with this fucking disease. Im just passing on some info to my fellow community members in hopes of helping some one find some info if they are dealing with the same crap, because a thyroid disorder can ruin your life. Im doing everything I can right now to not be on medication. Ive quit smoking, drinking, eating gluten, using chemical soaps, I only drink spring water, and other things. stay well everyone.

WelderDan

Veteran
Whoa, now that's some serious stuff.

Glad to hear you have identified the causes of your illness and have options to help manage your symptoms. Talk about a lifestyle change.

Good luck on your efforts to better health.

T

TribalSeeds

I can't drink so I smoke a ton. Would it be both if there was a problem?

BongRipkenJR.

Same thing happened to me, but I was a cigarette smoker. I quit for a year then started back up for a month. During that month I became very sick. I ended up having bronchitis for a couple months that then turned into pneumonia. After I got rid of the pneumonia I had lumps under my jaw. I was always tired and in pain. I felt like I had to pee constantly before bed, I used to run upwards of 15 miles and a mile was painful after all of that. My hair also started falling out. I had also seemed to lack an immune system as I was getting sick constantly and it would take weeks to go away. Usually the sun had to be out for a few days and I would start getting better. I also became very sensitive to cannabis. I used to take bong load after bong load of the highest grades and my tolerance went away. Every time I smoked my throat would feel constricted. Well, I just kept exercising more, lifting weights, rock climbing, and sure as shit it sort of went away. I still have the lumps under my jaw and they are painful, but I have plenty of energy, a high tolerance for cannabis, and I am feeling great overall.

Here is what I found helps more than anything.
-Eating healthier foods and plenty of them. Drink shit loads of water. I drink upwards of 2 gallons a day at times
-Sleeping for 8 hours a night
-Lots of exercise followed by plenty of rest
-No smoking cigs, no alcohol.

My problems were more than likely attributed to weight cuts, dehydration, lack of nourishment, and the fact that cigs activate your thyroid so when you quit, it damn near stops.

Skip

Veteran
That's an interesting post. Sorry you have to deal with that...

But that could be the cause of the illness that affects a small percentage of cannabis users. These ppl cannot tolerate cannabis anymore and usually get sick and puke. Maybe it's the thyroid problem you mention? People should definitely get checked out for that if they experience those symptoms.

It does seem to affect those who ABUSE cannabis by smoking too much and you add the issue of alcohol which might make it worse.

From now on when I hear of ppl with this cannabis "allergy", I'm going to ask them how much they were smoking before and if they are drinking alcohol too... Maybe it's that combo of factors....

Skip

Veteran
That's an interesting post. Sorry you have to deal with that...

But that could be the cause of the illness that affects a small percentage of cannabis users. These ppl cannot tolerate cannabis anymore and usually get sick and puke. Maybe it's the thyroid problem you mention? People should definitely get checked out for that if they experience those symptoms.

It does seem to affect those who ABUSE cannabis by smoking too much and you add the issue of alcohol which might make it worse.

From now on when I hear of ppl with this cannabis "allergy", I'm going to ask them how much they were smoking before and if they are drinking alcohol too... Maybe it's that combo of factors....

P

pine boy

In 1985 or so ,some random guy said to me" you need some vitamins or something"
I didn't give that comment to much thought but at the same time I was curious as to why my energy level would cycle the way it did.

Fast forward one decade.I was feeling extra shitty and went to the doctor for a check up.I was diagnosed with a Hypothyroid disorder and started taking some hormone replacement.I have been taking the meds for some 15 years now and if I stop,energys gone,blood pressure rises,colesterol count goes sky high and my eyesight fades.

Personnally,I never noticed a differance in my weed intake. These days I only smoke a small amount as I only really like to toke outside and I can't always be outside.In my old school daze ,I would smoke an oz a week for personal stash.I could not do that today.I assumed the weed is better.I donno now.

Today I smoke maybe a joint a day and drink me some beer.Same as always but I get way higher off my homegrown than the mexibrick of the old high school days.

I quit smoking cigs the same year I got diagnosed with Hypothroid disorder.I didn't know there was a connection there BongripkinJR
Y'all take care...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When I recived my degree from Collage and started my carrier I stopped smoking for a long time 15years.. When I started again I could not tolerate the same amount as I use to and still can not after 4 years of smoking something everyday. If I smoke to much it really freaks out my body. My Stomach gets effected the most.. I get very dizzy...As long as I stay under 3 tokes im fine.

Last edited:

RadiationSnow

Oxygen has anything changed since then?

I too quit fluoride, Do heavy metal detox and aluminum detox.

I'm supplementing Iodine, Selenium and Boron to try and get the thyroid working again.

I noticed now when I smoke I get obliterated and my scalp starts to get tender like it's bruised. It lasts for daaaaaays.

I used Colloidal Silver on my Scalp and the pain went away so idk.

But I definitely have low body temperature and hypo symptoms.

Has anything worked? I was smoking 8ths at a time and enjoying it but now I can't do shit...

Brain Fog, Fatigue, All the same things you are going through.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I've become a total lightweight lately. I stopped smoking in the daytime, because I just couldn't get shit done, and slowly the amount I smoke has got less and less and less. I seem to be quitting by default, and I don't want to quit. At the same time, I don't want to smoke just for the sake of smoking and deliberately building tolerance for bullshit macho reasons.
I literally have 1 or 2 pipes, after 9pm. Some days, I can't even be bothered to have a pipe at all. It is quite disconcerting, I have got a lot "Invested" in cannabis. At 32, I've been smoking for 20 years, and have always said I'd be smoking til the day I die, but it really feels almost like Cannabis is a girlfriend, and I have that uneasy feeling that one day there will be a note on the fridge, and empty wardrobe, and she'll have fucked off for good.

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I've become a total lightweight lately. I stopped smoking in the daytime, because I just couldn't get shit done, and slowly the amount I smoke has got less and less and less. I seem to be quitting by default, and I don't want to quit. At the same time, I don't want to smoke just for the sake of smoking and deliberately building tolerance for bullshit macho reasons.
I literally have 1 or 2 pipes, after 9pm. Some days, I can't even be bothered to have a pipe at all. It is quite disconcerting, I have got a lot "Invested" in cannabis. At 32, I've been smoking for 20 years, and have always said I'd be smoking til the day I die, but it really feels almost like Cannabis is a girlfriend, and I have that uneasy feeling that one day there will be a note on the fridge, and empty wardrobe, and she'll have fucked off for good.
Sounds similar to me... except I just go through phases. How long has it seemed like a gradual decline? I will go months of smoking all day long with no problem getting shit done, and like most of us, will prefer to do things stoned. Then, a time will come where I smoke during the day and I'll feel not just lazy, but fatigued, lathargic, and just don't want to do a fucking thing. So I will cut back to only smoking at night, and rather small amounts... and like you said, maybe not even smoke at all. During those times I am FAR more interested in growing than smoking cannabis. That passion never slows down. But during those periods of time, smoking cannabis becomes more of a sleeping med than an all day mood/life enhancement.

Think of people that don't smoke cannabis regularly. They smoke a bowl and say "I could never get work done like this" or "how the fuck do you smoke all day long...?" Well what I've always attributed this pattern of mine to be that I subconsciously slow down my cannabis consumption from being so damn busy - working, tending gardens, etc until dark so I just flat out "forget" to burn one. Not to mention whatever mayhem seems to follow me in my personal life. The gradual decline of smoking causes decrease in tolerance, and getting more peeled back than I thought I would when I smoke, and starts to wear on motivation. So then this gradually turns into smoking less.

Maybe theres more to it. General health.... Diet, excersize, stress, etc. Either way, I much rather prefer the times where I smoke all day and it makes everything that much better.

To the OP: I hope everything works out for you, man. My best wishes that life brings you where and what you you want despite it all. Keep up the healthy lifestyle.

RadiationSnow

I ended up taking a break after I stopped getting from a dispensary and going my own route.

After coming back I would smoke a certain amount and my body would stop jerking and twitching uncontrollably.

I then would cover up in blankets and try to stay warm.

I ended up hypothermia.

Which would mean my body was unable to regulate my body temp.

If you take your Basal temp when waking and it's under 98.6. You have thyroid problems.

Which is what I have and didn't know.

So maybe OP is correct and it's something to do with either the body getting used to it. Or something is going on with the Geo-Engineering because everyone I ask to take their body temp, Ends up having a low body temperature.

OP seems very educated on this and I'd like to know if he's begun taking care of his Thyroid yet with Iodine, Selenium, and Boron.

OP has your Basal Temp raised?

Are you under weight?

Have you tried a CBD rich strain like Cannatonic.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran

i've been there, just didnt seem to fit with the flow of life and gradually stopped, was a strange few months and then started again,, has happened a few times and i've had difficulties with smoking certain lines when i start up again..

W

willyweed

the only difference i have noticed smoking over a long period of time and not smoking for 4 years somewhere in the middle, was that my eyes go red now and they never used to before but i guess that is just age ?.binge smoking has always be my fav way to smoke .loads after harvest and hardly any just before harvest. got some drops for my eyes (eye brightener) works a treat .never smoke as much in the summer for some reason or another! .good luck with your thyroid prob oxygen man,my sister had a prob with hers after she gave up the ciggys.think it was put down to drinking ,not heavy drinking, but drinking a small amount every day.the advice in the uk at the moment regards drinking is very realistic , it says give your body a rest from drink every week.well it was not going to say stop totally was it! lol

RadiationSnow

I hope OP can chime back in and let us know what's going on.

One thing I noticed is after I took a t break from smoking heavy dispense. I would then smoke and become hypothermic.

I would have to externally heat my body to raise my body temp.

I also noticed everyone has hypothyroid symptoms of low body temp now. Just go test your body temperature and see for yourself.

So what's going on is people are having thyroid problems. Why now? Why all of a sudden?

Idk, Mine happened last year in like December. I smoked with some friends and started freaking out bad.

It's definitely thyroid. It could be from halides like Fluoride, Bromine in bread, the halides that take over the thyroid receptors.

Plus how much iodine do we really get in our diet?

Apparently we are all iodine and selenium deficient. Along with magnesium etc.

So if anyone can chime in on a nutritional stand point to explain why this is happening. Id appreciate it.