What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Custom Growcab, complete build

gnaut

So after roughly a year of reading, researching, reading some more, and endless thoughts about how I was going to start my first grow. I've jumped in full steam ahead.

Equipment List (currently en route
petard2.gif
)

• 600w HPS Cooltube Winged Reflector - SunMaster HO HPS Bulb(flower cab)
  • Can Max Fan Mixed Flow Inline Fan, 6-Inch 334 Cubic Feet Per Minute
  • Vortex Powerfan - 6" 453 CFM to exhaust both the Veg/Flower and push through the carbon filter
  • Phresh Filter 6" x 16"
  • Duct Fan "Speedster" Speed Adjuster (to dial the fan back)
  • [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifer[/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Acu Rite Indoor Humidity Monitor[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]50' Orca Film[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]4 Bulb HO t5 Fixture (for veg cab)
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
After making many different designs, with both pre built cabinets and self-made. I decided to take my first leap at carpentry with this cabinet. The cabinet dimensions are 7.5x2x4. The flower room is 4x2x4, and the veg room is 2x2x2.

Here is the cab in sketchup;
newbox.jpg

And the build up starts...

IMG_1525.jpg

Slowly getting there
IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

And... after a few hours of work most of the framing is done.. MDF is all cut and ready to be drilled to the sides. Paint, doors, inner dividing walls tomorrow. That's all for today.. Time for a bowl.
IMG_1537.jpg

gnaut

MDF step one..
IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

Doors... + swivel wheels because this thing is a fucking tank. A few things are uneven (As i am NOT a carpenter, this just needs to do what i need it to, aesthetics are not the point obviously :joint:)
IMG_1540.jpg

Day Three, Paint, sanding down uneven edges, door handles, shelves... See you tomorrow, folks.

gnaut

Aye thanks, back at it in an hour or so after lunch and a bowl. Getting a few things delivered today

G

Guest 88950

ok, ill ask.........what strain you runnin / how many in flower / what medium & nutes / scrog, sog, wow

and whats in the bowl..........im hittin some MNS Shit topped with bho.....waitin 4 pics

gnaut

paint, weather stripping, and hardware tonight. waiting for the paint to dry, pictures coming soon