What's new

FOX FARM Has Been Bought By Scotts AKA (MONOSATO).....

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
was just told that Fox Farms was bought by Scotts Miracle Grow very recently....

hmmmm.....

Friend

Veteran
Well i doubt this will change anything about the products themselves but i'm not so sure i want any of my money going to that corporation.

Anybody know of any other simple inexpensive nutrient systems similar to fox farms?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not using their damn fungus gnat and root aphid infested shit anymore anyways I am so fucking tired of critters and creepy crawlers :bigeye: :moon:

Fuck em all, you are much better off mixing your own organic shit :good:

SpayceRayce

MeinSatan'o? Damn, soon the era of petroleum dependent, sunlight resistant, 5% thc cannabis will be on us. AN and Xnutes are about the only honest ones left (honest insofar as they readily support cannabis growing).

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
shit that sucks.....i did a side by side outdoors with Fox Farms and roots organics and the FF had bigger yields and taste....

Han Grolo

Sucks to see a good company get gobbled up by the dark side.

Been loving the Age Old Organics line.

Not seeing any news of this elsewhere on the net other than grow sites.

TB Gardens

Veteran
Well we knew miracle grow had been looking into starting a division or product line for cannabis growing, looks like they bought an already established brand

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Now there is another reason to buy Espoma products. Natural and American since 1929.

-Funk

As far as i can tell this is a rumor started by some online mislabeled bags of fox farm soil and is false:
http://www.rollitup.org/organics/491056-fox-farm-still-family-buisness.html

Thread is 2 and a half months old, apparently the rumor is even older. if anyone has any verification one way or the other, please post it.

Hopefully it is a rumor because that would suck to have our industry support a shitty company like Scotts...
I know I won't buy FoxFarm if I am sure it is connected to Monsanto in any way.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
growinthehills, there's plenty of reasons not to buy Fox Farm and Monsanto is the least of them.

Just FYI... Scotts was sold in early 2011 and doesn't exist anymore as Scotts and also, Monsanto doesn't own Scotts. ICL does and it's now called Everris.

Unless ICL is owned by Monsanto (entirely possible, though I don't know atm) then Monsanto hasn't bought Fox Farm, or Scotts for that matter.

If anything, ICL should be raising some eyebrows. They are quietly cornering the market on both industrial and residential growing products from mediums to fertilizers (Scotts) to chemical pesticides & fungicides (Astaris/Solutia). How or if that relates to Monsanto's own desires to control the world, I can't be entirely sure. Yet. ;)

Crazy talk, I know... :tiphat:

Nice thread, Krunch! lol :moon:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This was not a hostile takeover. Fox Farm probably got a sweet deal. A lot businesses look for these types of sweet deals. You have to take them if it feels right cause the offer might never come round again. This is how business works.

R.Fortune

Bullfrog44

Veteran
I have been using both RO and FF for years and had great results with both. I amend the hell out of both, but they provide a good base. However I would not use FF if owned by Monsanto.

No other confirming news story anywhere on the internet. Until there is some other news, I have to call BUNK on this. Only weed sites are reporting this.

W89

Veteran
Make your own soils and you will grow better weed full stop there humus sources leave a lot to be desired