Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Clayton Bigsby's Underground Grow DWC & Soil

Thread Title Search
Clayton Bigsby's Underground Grow DWC & Soil Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 AM #1
Clayton_Bigsby

Clayton_Bigsby will become famous soon enoughClayton_Bigsby will become famous soon enough
Clayton Bigsby's Underground Grow DWC & Soil

Hello friends. A short introduction before we kick this grow off. I have been a member of Icmag and grasscity for about 6 years but never had a legit grow. Well I decided to finally build a room after years of telling myself there wasn't a good place in my house to do it. I decided to change user names because to many old friends knew my previous user name.

If you dont have a sense of humor then this probably wont be the the thread for you because my blunt sense of humor is going to offend you. Its all jokes though. Every race, creed, color is fine by me but will probably get made fun of somewhere in this thread.

OK, now about the grow. The room was dug out of a crawl space under my house. It was a BITCH! pick axe and shoveling is no fun, especially when there is no room to work in. Well anyways, got the hole dug and threw an insulated frame around it and split in into two rooms. the veg room is 3x4.5 and 8 feet tall with a 400 watt MH. The flower room is 3x5 and 8 feet tall with a 600 and a 400 watt HPS. Three Weeks and 2 grand later. Here she is

Strains go as follows:
5 Jack Herer from sensi seeds
1 Feminised Super Skunk from Nirvana
1 Feminised ICE from Nirvana
1 Feminised White widow from Dinafem (attitude freebee)
1 Feminised Autoflowering Hobbit from Kannabia (attitude freebee)
1 Feminised Autoflowering Mikromachine from Kannabia (attitude freebee)

Total 10 plants. 4 of them (all Jack Herer) will be in a DWC tupperware bucket. I will be running Botanicare CNS17 Grow, CNS 17 Bloom and Cal Mag along with fox farms Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom.

The rest will be in Organic soil. My recipe is borrowed from one of these threads i stumbled on and i just altered it to my likings. Its

6 parts Pro mix BX
2 1/2 parts Fox Farms Ocean Forest
2 1/2 parts perlite
2 parts Earthworm Castings
Powdered Dolomite Lime (1 cup per cubic foot)
Less than 1 part Bone Meal

I will be feeding them organic tea with the recipe ( also borrowed from another member and altered. I would credit him if i remembered who it was)

Veg mix:

1/3 cup High N Mexican Bat Guano
1/3 cup Earthworm Castings
5 tsp Algamin Kelp Meal
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 2 cup of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.
To the 5 gallons of tea add:
5tbs. Diamond Black Humic Acids
5 tbs. Blackstrap Molasses
a little bone meal
Use it every 3rd watering

Flowering mix:
2/3 Cup Mexican Bat Guano
2/3 cup Earthworm Castings
2/3 cup Indonesian Bat Guano
5tsp Algamin Kelp Meal
(That makes the "dry mix". You can make all you want and save it to use later.)
Mix with water @ 2 cups of dry mix into 5 gallons of water to make the tea.

To that 5 gallons of tea add:
5 tbs. Diamond Black Humic Acids
5 tsp. Black Strap Molasses

Use it to water with EVERY watering. (A little Bone Meal every 3rd watering)

Clayton_Bigsby is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 AM #2
Chunkypigs
All Bud

Chunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivorChunkypigs is a survivor
where did you put the dirt from the dig???
congrats on the new room, looks like cooling won't be hard down there.
best wishes!
Chunkypigs is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2012, 07:15 AM #3
Abja Roots
ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder

Abja Roots has a brilliant futureAbja Roots has a brilliant futureAbja Roots has a brilliant futureAbja Roots has a brilliant futureAbja Roots has a brilliant futureAbja Roots has a brilliant futureAbja Roots has a brilliant futureAbja Roots has a brilliant futureAbja Roots has a brilliant futureAbja Roots has a brilliant futureAbja Roots has a brilliant future
I'll be checking it out. I like that you picked Clayton Bigsby as your name and a picture of Chef! Talk about adding value to the home. That looks like it was hard work man. Best of luck with the grow!

{Abja Roots Flower Pictures}https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....29#post6688829

Quote:
Abja is stupid collector like me who probably has no exact idea how many plants he got on hand
Abja Roots is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2012, 09:52 PM #4
Clayton_Bigsby

Clayton_Bigsby will become famous soon enoughClayton_Bigsby will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkypigs View Post
where did you put the dirt from the dig???
congrats on the new room, looks like cooling won't be hard down there.
best wishes!

The dirt from the dig is in the crawl space next to the room and yes cooling is perfect down there. i have 2 400 watt and one 600 watt and the room stays at about 74-76. 62-67 while lights are off

More pics since my orginals got deleted.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:40 AM #5
Clayton_Bigsby

Ok I know the entertaining part inst until the babies grow up, but since i have a few auto strains, i figured i would keep this thread up-to-date for the few ppl interested. (like myself)

Auto Hobbit

Auto Mikromachine

Jack Herer in DWC

Old 02-22-2012, 03:46 AM #6
TribalSeeds

White power

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:53 AM #7
Opus53

Opus53 has a spectacular aura aboutOpus53 has a spectacular aura aboutOpus53 has a spectacular aura aboutOpus53 has a spectacular aura about
best of luck CB, looks like plenty of back ach went into this project and I cant wait to see that jack on DWC

bests opus

Opus53 is offline Quote

Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 AM #8
Clayton_Bigsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalSeeds View Post
White power

Haha Clayton couldnt of said it better himself!

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments. The babies are starting to come along! ill post pics within the next couple days.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:44 AM #9
Clayton_Bigsby

Since the grow room is 3 feet underground, it made it pretty much impossible to lift a 15 gallon Tupperware container out to change the water. To make things easier i made a little pump with a hosepipe to pump the water out of the room and out from the crawl space. Makes things much easier.

I also tapped into my sink water that goes through an Aqua-Pure water filter which takes out most chlorine,dirt/rust sediment. i connect a hose pipe to the same water that comes out of my sink and lead it to my room to fill the 15 gallon bucket up.

Pics of the plants comming soon

Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 PM #10
Clayton_Bigsby

So I just got done with some Bald Eagle hunting and decided i would take some pics of my babies.

Haha I joke, i joke. But seriously I did take pics.

Today is DAY 25. First are the autos. Both of my Autos are in Organic Soil. I gave them the first dose of my veg tea yesterday. The Auto Hobbit is growing very nice and has already showed shes a female. The Mikromachine hasnt showed sex yet but shes growing very nicely and looking sexy.

AUTO HOBBIT

AUTO MIKROMACHINE