Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > Must...catch...Heath... 7200 watts of VERT

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Quest Hydro for Dehumidifiers
Must...catch...Heath... 7200 watts of VERT Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 11:44 PM #71
Mister_D

Mister_D is a splendid one to beholdMister_D is a splendid one to beholdMister_D is a splendid one to beholdMister_D is a splendid one to beholdMister_D is a splendid one to beholdMister_D is a splendid one to beholdMister_D is a splendid one to beholdMister_D is a splendid one to beholdMister_D is a splendid one to beholdMister_D is a splendid one to beholdMister_D is a splendid one to behold
Color me impressed

D's Vertical Redemption (Completed)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....57#post4840157

D's Gone Hunting (In limbo)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....=1#post5941311

Cannafornia Seeds Caliente Kong & Alaskan Thunder Kong Test Thread (Completed)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....15#post6280215

D's DIY Automated Vertical Feed and Drain System
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....90#post6323290

""Get It Fucking Done. It’s the truth, it’s the one thing you learn real fast in life is that nobody gives a fucking shit about excuses and the sooner you learn that nobody really gives a fuck about you, that you need to get off your ass and make shit happen then the better off everyone will be""". - Zakk Wylde
Mister_D is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2012, 01:05 AM #72
BldSwtTrs

BldSwtTrs has a spectacular aura aboutBldSwtTrs has a spectacular aura aboutBldSwtTrs has a spectacular aura aboutBldSwtTrs has a spectacular aura aboutBldSwtTrs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman resu View Post
are the "roofs" different? awful lot more light leaking out of the top of the setup on the right.

either way looks sweet man good luck on your mythical journey to heathdom
I would say the top reflectors could be a bit larger. I just finished installing a new system with a MUCH larger top reflector. I will let you know how it goes. My main concern was having enough room for airflow/heat escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by username474 View Post
Great build brother, your veg room is very tight as well. What are you doing for air extraction? From the photos your room size is looking pretty massive. Also, have you measured your water temps in your bottom two pipes? I was under the impression temps would spike without insulation.

Anything you could tell me about that chunky cheese would be apprecited. I imagine it got to an unmanageable size or your pheno search would have been long over!
Air extraction right now is just carbon scrubber ducted out of the room. Temps are about 72 right now due to the cool weather. Water temps are roughly the same. I am, however, experimenting with higher water temps and hydro fungicide to see if I can get away with them.

As far as the chunk the only pheno I got dialed in was AMAZING. Pretty good yielder and it smelled like some straight up stanky ass cheese. Too bad I lost the pheno, but thats another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmhouse cat View Post
crawl under i would think. Great design and i like how clean everything looks!
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strass View Post
Cool! How does the water go down?
The systems are top fed and then flow down with a little help from gravity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOD2012 View Post
Hey bro, did you go with the same type of dam setup that heath used? And if so, did you keep the whole adjustable collar dealyo he used? Very interested in how this thing runs.
aod
The dams are a BIG change from Heath's designs. We went through several different designs, but have finally settled on something that is approaching optimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shcrews View Post
Damn them fuckin things are tight! how big are they? ever consider putting plants on the floor?

is that a triple negative ? my mind = blown
They are about 5 feet or so across. Plants on the floor is something I have been toying with. Not sure how that would affect my ability to get in the system and play around. I will be experimenting with this soon I imagine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHF View Post
Don`t know how I missed this one , but apologies and respect are in order.....

Respect BST...I know you`ll be monocroppin soon enough once all ducks get in a row....Good luck and Holler if I can help......

Peace...DHF........
You tha man DHF. I am sure our paths will cross sooner than later. Feel free to chime in whenever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drknockbootz View Post
Crawling vs Extra footprint?

I'd be crawling all day, and most training can be done from the outside.
This man knows that hes talking about...
BldSwtTrs is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2012, 01:06 AM #73
BldSwtTrs

BldSwtTrs has a spectacular aura aboutBldSwtTrs has a spectacular aura aboutBldSwtTrs has a spectacular aura aboutBldSwtTrs has a spectacular aura aboutBldSwtTrs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shhh~ View Post
Damn! Must feel good to walk into that room mate. Looks spectacular Sweet work on the DIY umbrella reflectors seems like they're working well at pushing the light back down

When you say 4 days of veg, do you mean in the system or is that pre-trasnplant veg?
Vegged 4 days post cloner in a separate system much like the unit from my first post.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:12 AM #74
billy_big_bud!
Proud Cannadian Cannabist

billy_big_bud! is a name known to allbilly_big_bud! is a name known to allbilly_big_bud! is a name known to allbilly_big_bud! is a name known to allbilly_big_bud! is a name known to allbilly_big_bud! is a name known to allbilly_big_bud! is a name known to allbilly_big_bud! is a name known to allbilly_big_bud! is a name known to allbilly_big_bud! is a name known to allbilly_big_bud! is a name known to all
color me impressed.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:19 AM #75
BldSwtTrs

Couple more shots for today...

Installing the third system here...
Mother ship ready for takeoff

Mothers mothers and more mothers. This is the same room as the very first picture in this thread two months after the original picture was taken. There are probably about 80+ mothers in here. I threw a bunch out and will continue to do so until I find the beauties...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:33 PM #76
Harry Gypsna
Dirty hippy Bastard

Location: Outside BodyShop, with a Tin Whistle and a dog on a piece of string
Harry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant futureHarry Gypsna has a brilliant future
Sweet....
Cant wait to see em in a few weeks.
Heath Robinson is no liar, Ive met the man personally several times, and he is straight up.

On a budget?? Check these out
DIY Thermostatic fan speed Controller

My homemade Aerocloner, MK2 version

all posts made by this screen name are absoloutely true All pictures are mine and i dont give a f u c k what your law says.......
Disclaimers wont protect you when the piggies come a callin
Harry Gypsna is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 PM #77
DHF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gypsna View Post
Sweet....
Cant wait to see em in a few weeks.
Heath Robinson is no liar, Ive met the man personally several times, and he is straight up.
Can I get an Amen......Nuthin but love for Heathie....

Straight up as Harry says ....Give yas the shirt off his back and he ain`t even southern redneck like us n`s down here in Hell.....regardless...

Class individual that`s taught me a lot over the yrs....true knowledge from first hand experience.....

Peace...DHF.........

Old 02-12-2012, 01:29 AM #78
username474

username474 will become famous soon enoughusername474 will become famous soon enough
I feel I have to chime in here as well, in case HR happens to pop in. The man so should be knighted for all that he as shared. I don't think he posted the "how to" get your serious bloody G on, to stroke his own ego. Granted that he has an old school trim technique but, I am absolutely certian that his flooded tube design can produce 2+gpw.
username474 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:16 AM #79
BldSwtTrs

Yea, to all of the people doubting Heath, have you ever ran these systems?

If not, then it seems crazy to doubt a man who posted lots of pics and has always been more than generous with his knowledge.

That's just my 2 cents though. You know you are doing something right if you have that many doubters. Respect.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:34 PM #80
DHF

It ain`t rocket science , but rather what Heath taught me over a decade ago.....Plant numbers dictate yields....period.....

He surrounds 600 watt bare bulbs with as many fully rooted cuts as it takes to create the perfect canopy by end of stretch , and his fast hydro setups provide the rest for growth and swellage till end of cycle....simple.....babyshit.. ..

2 gpw`s translates to 1200+ grams per 600 watt bulb , and it ain`t that hard once yas know the science behind the process it takes to create the footprint and canopy.....Hell....

I saw him run his first lil bare bulb setup as a breeding project to find pheno`s from seeds straight 12/12 in a 4 x 6 room with like 3 shelves all the way round the room except for small access door and like 87 plants once he added more rooted cuts to create the canopy , and with 2-600`s side by side he pulled a lil over 4 lbs the first run from nuthin but popped beans and rooted cuts turned into budsicles......and then....I couldn`t stand it any longer.....

I swapped out all my ebb and flow bucket rooms and built racks for coco dtw and killed it till shutdown , but there`s so much room for improvement and increased yields with vertical gardening it ain`t funny......

Lookin good Bro...and....

Sorry ta clog the thread BST....just finished my coffee and pre 98 Bubba wake and bake.....GF said breakfast`s ready.....

Good luck...DHF.........