Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > Anyone remember this device?

Thread Title Search
Anyone remember this device? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 10:31 PM #1
anotheroldfart

anotheroldfart is on a distinguished road
Anyone remember this device?

My friends brother showed me a device that he used to make a marijuana "tincture" using 190 proof grain alcohol as the solvent and it had a "Christmas tree" aluminum tower of decreasing concentric levels on top that condensed the vapor which dropped down into a container at the bottom. A light bulb was the heat source to vaporize the alcohol and the aluminum was designed to contain ice water for the condenser tower levels. My explanation is from memory back to the early to mid 70's but this the best I can do. Does anyone rember what it was called and is it available today?
anotheroldfart is offline Quote

Old 02-07-2012, 10:42 PM #2
greenmatter

i think they called it the ismonizer/icemonizer or something like that ....... that was a long time and several billion brain cells ago.

good luck

Old 02-08-2012, 12:11 AM #3
bloyd

bloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nicebloyd is just really nice
soxhlet extractor?
bloyd is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 AM #4
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
ISOMISER

"Turn your SHIT to GOLD!" was the catch phrase used as I recall. There was always an ad in the back of High Times for these. Not sure if they are even made anymore, haven't read a High Times in years. But it was definitely named ISOMISER.

Cherry Bomb x C99

"To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of Bullshit."

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
WelderDan is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2012, 12:20 AM #5
DiscoBiscuit
weed fiend

DiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant futureDiscoBiscuit has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheroldfart View Post
My friends brother showed me a device that he used to make a marijuana "tincture" using 190 proof grain alcohol as the solvent and it had a "Christmas tree" aluminum tower of decreasing concentric levels on top that condensed the vapor which dropped down into a container at the bottom. A light bulb was the heat source to vaporize the alcohol and the aluminum was designed to contain ice water for the condenser tower levels. My explanation is from memory back to the early to mid 70's but this the best I can do. Does anyone rember what it was called and is it available today?
I remember those. Isomerizer or IS02.

My buddy used to have one. Poor guy burnt every batch he ever made. The fuck head didn't know how to make oil. He'd just cook an ounce and sop up the burnt goo with a fraction of the same bag.

tasted just like burnt bowl tar.

They're not available any longer but one or two go up on Ebay every year or so.

DiscoBiscuit is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:23 AM #6
fungzyme

fungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nicefungzyme is just really nice
I think it was the Iso2 (?)

If it is, I always wanted one, because one of the claims was you could get woven hemp fiber products (like doormats from India, I guess) isomerize the inactive cannibidiols into active THC and then extract your own pure red honey oil!!

Of course, I was like 13 years old, and also coveted a Phototron too...
fungzyme is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:29 AM #7
FrameOMind

FrameOMind is on a distinguished road
Had a boss once who used the isomeriser with indiana ditch hemp. He said it made the best hash oil ever. I remember reading on OG back in the day that for the device to really work, the input had to be garbage hemp.
FrameOMind is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2012, 12:34 AM #8
Treetroit City
Moderately Super

Treetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivorTreetroit City is a survivor
ISO2 made by Thai Power.
Can find them on ebay every once in a while. They go for around 500 and up.

Current Karma OG Test Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Sorry its not chock full with landrace genes... blame joesy
Treetroit City is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2012, 12:40 AM #9
dagnabit
Game Bred

dagnabit has much to be proud ofdagnabit has much to be proud ofdagnabit has much to be proud ofdagnabit has much to be proud ofdagnabit has much to be proud ofdagnabit has much to be proud ofdagnabit has much to be proud ofdagnabit has much to be proud ofdagnabit has much to be proud ofdagnabit has much to be proud ofdagnabit has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungzyme View Post

Of course, I was like 13 years old, and also coveted a Phototron too...
their LED now LOL

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:06 AM #10
b00m
~No Guts~ ~No Glory~

b00m is a survivorb00m is a survivorb00m is a survivorb00m is a survivorb00m is a survivorb00m is a survivorb00m is a survivorb00m is a survivorb00m is a survivorb00m is a survivorb00m is a survivor
For a blast from the past check out this bloke's Website
Toys For The Mind
He collects Head Shop Gear and Smoking Accessories from the 70's and 80's, I remember seeing some of the stuff in early High Times here Down Under

b00m is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.