What's new

Before/After Comparison - What deficiency do I have?

maik

Strain of Mj? Chem D
Hydroponic or soil? Hydo
From seed or clone? Clone
Age of plant in question? 1 month
What stage (Veg/Flower; how many days into)? veg
Medium (Soil, Rockwool, Hydroton etc.)? Horti plugs in rockwool
Container/Pot size? 5 gal DWC
Have they been transplanted, if so how long ago? 2 weeks
If soil, composition ratios (peat moss, perilite, vermiculite etc.)?
Water runoff Ph?
Nutrients added? House and Gardens series
Ratios of nutrients (N% P% K%)? 8 mL/Gal, we're going on the low side.
Feeding schedule? Res change ever week
When were they last fed/watered? Recent res change
How are you determining when to feed/water (weight, wilting, etc.)? They are watered constantly in the rocks and were doing fine until recently.
TDS/EC/PPM? 1280 (Is a little higher because of Aquashield)
Tap/RO/Distilled water? RO
Ph before and after adding nutrients? 6.3
Is your Ph equipment properly calibrated? yes
Light intensity/Age of bulb/Wattage? 100 w
Distance to the canopy? 1.5 - 2 ft
Temps at canopy?
Temps at root zone or reservoir? 65
Day/Night temps (Min.-Max.)? 75 constantly
Current air flow (CFM)? Enough
Is there air blowing directly onto plant? yes
Using CO2? yes 750 ppm
Relative humidity? 65
Growing technique (Scrog, Sog, Supercropping etc.)? SCROG + Supercropping
Has plant recently been pruned, clones taken, fimmed or pinched? Clones taken and pruned recently but deficiency started before.
Pests? None
Chemicals used to eradicate? Azamax
If so,When? A while ago.

They seemed to start going bad recently and they were doing fantastic ever since. I have two groups of plants in the same res. They all began vegging at the same time but three of them grew to be huge while three were still smaller. The smaller ones are still looking good (wide leaves, green) while the larger ones suddenly began to show downward curling leaves with the edges curled under and the color is becoming a yellow-green metallic.

The pictures are an accurate depiction of the good vs the bad.

I am putting a low amoung a nutes, but could it be so low that it is holding the bigger ones back? 8mL/Gal is on the low end but is that what it looks like when it's not getting enough nutes?

This happened in my last run too and they were being fed on high.

I would like to see if anyone else has had this problem. The last time this happened to my crop and we never got it out of the deficiency and the buds all came out small. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• goodbad1.jpg
    goodbad1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 56
  • goodbad2.jpg
    goodbad2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 53
  • goodbad3.jpg
    goodbad3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 56

maik

Could someone please give me advice on this? I know the common variables like overwatering and pH don't seem to be an issue. Also the good ones still look good.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that perhaps the big ones got too big and are being under-nuted. Has anyone seen under-nuted DWC hydro plants? Does it look like this?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I'm not an expert at hydro, but they seem to have some deficiencies.

first of all, you may not have enaugh Ca in your res, because of using RO water. check to see if the nutes add enough Ca, if not supplement it. Not enough Ca limits the N intake, so they would look just like they look, N deficient. they could also lack Fe a bit, but the solution I propose will fix that too.

so, if there is enaugh Ca in your nutes, and that may not be the case, just go to a normal dose and see how they are doing after.
if not, you need some extra Ca when using RO water. also give them a bit more nutes, your ratio may be too low.

and if you want them to recover faster, use a complete foliar feed (something that has NPK + micronutrients). that's the fastest way to get the nutes into them.

good luck! :wave:

CannabisFox

yep
hydro ph is fine between 5.0 and 6.0.
you have a problem with traceelements and/or micronutrients cause of your RO. get some good fertilizer with all of those basic minerals!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Chem-D likes extra mag.
I see a pH issue first off though. Set it at 5.8 and keep it there. Your pH swing comes while it's drying out between waterings.

If your nutes have enough calcium in them and your pH swing is through the full range.... You'll want to add a pinch of epsom. The sulpher in it is usually just fine with most nute profiles. Cal-Mag adds nitrogen and calcium you probably don't need.

She can be a light feeder too.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Latest posts

Latest posts