Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Breeding feminized

Thread Title Search    
Click to see great products at Aqua Lab!
 Breeding feminized Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #1
olderthanbefore

olderthanbefore is an unknown quantity at this point
Breeding feminized

It's been said not to breed feminized strains. Is there a scientific explanation for this because I crossed G.D.P regular to Super silver haze feminine and had a very normal outcome.
olderthanbefore is offline   Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
bf80255

bf80255 will become famous soon enough
No, i used to beleive that because of the process of inhibiting ethelyne and the production of female parts in favor of balls you would be selecting for plants with a propensity to herm but after seeing enough progeny grows and hearing reports around the forums i now beleive its perfectly fine as long as the plant doesnt herm on its own (enviromental stressors ect ) its a chemical process so i doubt the plants will ever decide to Cs themselves and ruin your sensi
bf80255 is offline   Quote

Old 07-05-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
olderthanbefore

olderthanbefore is an unknown quantity at this point
I've actually bred feminized several times with normal results but only mentioned the most recent.
olderthanbefore is offline   Quote

Old 05-14-2015, 01:25 AM   #4
Matt8800

Matt8800 will become famous soon enough
There are some misunderstanding about this subject in my opinion...

Reversing a female plant to produce male pollen can be a chore depending on the strain. You get a fraction of the pollen you would with regular males. The females that are the easiest to reverse to produce pollen are the ones with the most herm tendencies. IMHO, it is best to choose the female with the LEAST amount of pollen and use that.

A good breeder can produce feminized seeds with little herm tendencies and I believe tested plants can be bred successfully.
Matt8800 is offline   Quote

Old 05-14-2015, 04:35 AM   #5
pittymick

pittymick will become famous soon enough
a lot of people are mis reading this, he's asking/saying it ok to put a male (reg) over a feminized female plant. and result were fine
pittymick is online now   Quote

Old 05-14-2015, 08:55 AM   #6
MRsistatumbleweed

MRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to behold
if results were fine then all is good.. they do say not to breed with fem seeds. so even a reg and a fem seed. and the reasons are hermie. but i think this may be brought on eaiser in some strains than others and such.. so i cant actually answer what your asking. but thats my oppinion..

i had a breeding question and didnt want to get a bunch of random oppinions on it so i emailed the owner of one of the most reputable seed companies out there and suprisingly he replied with great info. and was very supportive.
MRsistatumbleweed is offline   Quote

Old 05-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #7
brock1

brock1 is a jewel in the roughbrock1 is a jewel in the roughbrock1 is a jewel in the roughbrock1 is a jewel in the rough
The fears of breeding fem seeds only comes from breeding fems with late hermi plants. Suma and a few others used to promote this breeding buts it's wrong to do this and say it's better because it's organic.
brock1 is offline   Quote

Old 05-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #8
pittymick

i have crossed reg over fem , grew out more than enough of the offspring without any hermi issue at all. i believe its gtg. its just what i experience others may vary.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #9
MRsistatumbleweed

MRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to beholdMRsistatumbleweed is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittymick View Post
i have crossed reg over fem , grew out more than enough of the offspring without any hermi issue at all. i believe its gtg. its just what i experience others may vary.
yeah nice im going to chuck some reg mazar over a fem northern lights myself.
MRsistatumbleweed is offline   Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:15 AM   #10
pittymick

i had fire go bx over white master kush, and white fire alien over white s1 aswel as white fire alien over white romulan . no issues with any of them , as stated grew out more than enough of them if there was going to be a problem it would have shown.( all raskal gear)

1 members found this post helpful.