What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Fall of the Mississippi Sativa Cooperative

komrade komura

The Fall of The Mississippi Sativa Cooperative

'Most of my friends are either anarchists or cannabis growers. Not only are they more interesting and infinitely more trustworthy, they always make sure I know the location of the nearest exit.' - Founding member 3, Mississippi Sativa Co-op, 1994

Rituals eventually melt into the trained reflex of examining a terrain at least once before entering. That has saved more people than can be counted. Most of our meetings were at each others homes with our wives in attendance. The safest organization is the closest one; one very close to a family unit but without all of the history and scars and rivalries. This meeting was not normal. But the Mississippi Sativa Co-operative was not a normal kind of organization.

The Mississippi Sativa Co-op was started in the 1994's by 4 young men from a local university whom all possessed a similar interest but with different skills. What caused the organization to happened occurred one year earlier. In ‘93 conditions became severe for the cannabis business in Mississippi, perpetual drought was the new normal. No weed anywhere, for anyone. Zilch, nothing, NADA! People were driving to Memphis, New Orleans, Mobile just to buy an ounce of unnamed smoke of shitty quality. Got money? So What! Ain’t nothing to be had. It hadn’t ever been like this and it didn’t look like it would ever end.

There were golden glory days in the 1970s when boats with large Colombian or Jamaican loads would hit the shallow docks and boat ramps near Gulfport and Pascagoula. The Mississippi Gulf Coast is full of many back water places known to only the locals or someone with a very detailed nautical map. Back then Mississippi was making backwater millionaires. Then it all came crashing down. The boats with their beautiful cargo moved on to safer ports in the Florida panhandle, where local cops were either dumber or came with a visible price tag. More than anything else, the golden age was ended by the murder of two men (James Brinley and Aaron Carter) and a truck of cannabis, worth over a million dollars, headed north from Gulfport in the early morning hours of another hot July day, 1975. After that everyone was just too damned scared to bring loads into Mississippi

Carter was black. Brinley was white. Police believed that it was a racial killing and investigated it as such due to racial slur written on Brinley’s chest and forehead. Yep, you guessed…that’s the word. The cops were blissfully unaware of the missing truckload of cannabis. Local klan members were questioned politely and discretely. Nothing. The FBI investigated it briefly but stopped caring after a couple of months. Again, nothing.

Narcotics detective Bobby Earl Patterson quietly took early retirement the next year and moved down to Mexico where he lived very comfortably (like a king) for several years until his karma finally caught up with him. The local Mexican police chief did not investigate his disappearance; he didn’t like the arrogant gringo since the first time they met.

The end of the glory days in the 70s coincided with the awakening of the white political establishment of the state to the effects of integration and voting rights. Can’t stop them blacks from registering to vote, unless they in prison….wonder what we can do to help make that happen. The result was an anti-crime police rampage against the black community ever since, even today. Down to the lowest levels of the supply chain, cops were sending young black men to prison for having any amount of cannabis. After a while and in the spirit of the New South the cops decided that it was attracting too much attention because all they ever busted were young black men, so they cracked down hard on thousands of white kids out smoking a joint with their friends too. At least the black ministers quit complaining.

The difference between white and black stoners in Mississippi for years was simple: blacks were usually charged with a felony while whites only with a misdemeanor. A convicted felon can’t vote in Mississippi.

Things were so desperate in 1993 that shipments from out of state stopped entirely for most of the year. State Troopers set up roadblocks on interstate highways, usually for some other official excuse but with the real purpose of stopping shipments of cannabis flowing into the state. They didn’t know it but they succeeded and all commerce ceased. The exception was one lone graduate student who made a monthly white knuckled and sweaty trip down to Florida to bring back 10 kilos, driving the back road two lane highways the entire journey. He didn’t have much of a choice. He had financed his entire university education by selling weed and was nearing completion of his Masters degree. His family was poor, he was smart, and education was the only way for him to break out of the cycle of poverty and ignorance that stretched far back in his family, as far as there was history. Soon he realized that there was less risk and better money at the wholesale level. The 1993 supply problem seemed solvable to the industrious young mind. It just had to be. The monthly trips were affecting his mental stability and he dreaded the hours of driving paranoia. This young man founded the cooperative, member 1. His Eureka Moment occurred in November 1993 on his last drive back from Florida.

1 was the botanist in the team. He had successfully grown cannabis for 2 seasons in an outdoor wooded environment, using seeds taken from the best smoke available. He had harvested a few pounds but quickly learned that a great grow followed by a crappy harvest and cure is just a crappy grow. Hauling fertilizers deep into the woods, developing an irrigation system, it was a lot of work for a single person. And while he understood the plant and could optimize its growth, he cursed every time he found another clogged irrigation tube and near dead plants desperate for water.

He needed skills beyond his field in order for the enterprise to succeed on a larger scale. He recruited from his school, searching for the brightest and best that he would carefully interview. They never knew they were being interviewed; only that he was friendly, passionate about botany and was the most honest person they had ever met. After about 3 months he had finalized the team. 2 was an accountant and handled all financial matters. 3 was a design engineer and the only one not a native son of Mississippi. 4 was the bad boy of the group, chosen for his ability to hurt people. Large but very smart.

3 was responsible for many of the workings principles of the cooperative. He introduced fair share ideas and a work ethic where the first question must always be ‘How can I help?’ Everything introduced was always subjected to a vote. This skill set for recruitment remained the same until 2000 when all financial matters were transferred out of team member hands during the revolution; the Revolt of the Wives as it was cynically recorded at the time, even though one of the strikers was male. The strike lasted less than a month, the team couldn’t hold out even one non-fucking month without sex before unanimously voting to transfer all financial responsibilities. They would stick to running the operation.

Outdoor plots (Deloreans in our gallows humor) are grown to give law enforcement statistics to report up to the state and federal level. Meanwhile the main operations continued to produce unimpeded. Cops just never figure out why the plots they raid are full of such poorly kept cannabis plants. One look at the widespread use of cheap slow release granular fertilizers and the lack of weeding would have been a sufficient clue for an intelligent cop, but luckily there aren’t many of those. These days they blame them on Mexican drug gangs pushing further inland from the border, especially since Mike started leaving hints. Each plots only receives 2 visits, once to transplant the 4 inch plants and another 3 weeks later to check on progress and apply the nutes; then nothing. 100 plants seized in a wooded area in the north east of the state. There were 10 Deloreans every year in the north of the state while the real production is in the south central, on 4 dairy farms around Hattiesburg.

The 10 sites are chosen over two weekends of camping. Not too easy to find, but not difficult either. Most years we have to call in tips on the majority of them near harvest time because local LEO never found them. And they are even planted in rows to make it easier to spot. Oh look a wooded area with the usual entropy of the universe arrangement. But wait. Over there. Those plants over there are all lined up in neat little rows….c’mon LEO how fucking hard is this shit!

Despite the good security arrangements, there have been occasional problems, including several close calls with police and in one instance, armed confrontation (1999). No member of the cooperative has ever been sent to prison or been arrested. Several members of LEO have been sent to prison for corruption and bribery after close encounters with the cooperative.

Proving a cop guilty of corruption requires only two simple elements beyond motive, unexplained large amounts of money and cannabis…..kind of our specialty. These days it is all much more technical; numbers on a laptop. In one instance, (1999) before my time, LEOs were not afforded the prison meal plan.

Since 2000, it has been an agreed policy that a Co-op member and his wife must both have a university degree. Actually that is not quite accurate, as two members of the grow team of 4 have been women so far and I know there is about to be a third one in December, as I am only considering women as my replacement. So to be quite accurate a Co-op member and his wife OR HER HUSBAND must both have sheepskins. My wife and another have arts degrees. They are responsible for running an adult education and entertainment program for the families. Jackson Pollock weekends are just great messy fun and the kids love them. Sometimes the paintings look really cool too.

Official apology( Since inception, we have supported gay marriage as we feel it is fair for a gay couple to be given a seat at the table…but until they are treated equal to the rest of us, legal testimony laws prevents this.)

Candidates were evaluated on many criteria, scored, the scores pass around anonymously and scored again by everyone. It was an adaptation on the Delphi group technique for consensus decision making and introduced by 8. Skills are important, but teachable. Maturity is not. Danny was our reminder. Thanks to the development of consumer level micro filming devices, the team could review every interaction between the sponsor and the candidate. There are several hours of MPEGS of each candidate in ordinary social interactions with the sponsor. They don’t know shit about what is really going on. The pen in the pocket seems harmless, the glasses normal and real, the button on the shirt matching the others. We even know whether they have good table manners,as most of the interviews occur over meals in a relaxed setting. We always get the spouse to attend too. The ladies love watching another woman for some reason. I am just looking to eliminate those with obvious flaws. Too arrogant, too egotistical and his cousin too insecure, passive aggressives, too greedy, too bitchy, too fucking you name it. Only one a year thankfully. I find it painful to judge others.

Due to term limits, starting with member 5, all past members have long since gone to warmer climes and drinks with little umbrellas in them. Like Palestinians, they don't have the right of return. They are required to fuck off somewhere else on the planet, outside of the USA and spend the rest of their lives watching sunsets on a beach or whatever. Any return to Mississippi will result in an untimely death….so departing members are encouraged to bring their parents with them or anyone else whom they may remotely give a fuck about. A 1 million price is on the head of anyone stupid enough to ever violate the terms of the cooperative’s operating agreement. Seems fair enough to me. No one has ever breached the terms. Term limits are 4 years, plus a 1 month transition…not a day longer. Every year one member enters and one exits.

In their final year the member is responsible for finding replacement candidates in their respective skill area, submitting them to a thorough background check before an offer is extended. Many are examined, one chosen…hot shots need not apply.

The leaving member acts as a sponsor and a guide for the assimilation of the inductee and their family into the co-op. Joining requires unanimous consent. The new family starts December 1st and officially takes the role January 1st.

By security custom all offers are extended while on an early November hunting trip. Our founding fathers, especially 4, in their wisdom, foresaw the potential for a last minute clusterfuck and wanted to provide the opportunity for last minute solutions. No one has ever turned down the invitation (to the best knowledge of three of the four current team). I am in my final year. That means I am the historian now and know differently.

To be continued…

komrade komura

Fuck this story just cost me my favourite signature...hahaha. Oh well, guess it's time to think of another one.

Officially, I am NOT member 3. Any resemblance is purely coincidental.

komrade komura

Part 2 is in the bag already, just letting the wife with the literature degree fix parts.

She thought Forced Entry was entertaining but a really sick fucking story. Rape and murder just wasn't ever covered in her courses at school.

'Do cops always have to die in your stories?'

'Yep'

komrade komura

As you might have gathered, I am primarily a sativa smoker. Still have a lot of Afghani Kush but just can't bring myself to smoke it. I save it for when friends come over. They love it.

Pineapple Express fueled the writing on this story. Have to be judicious in the use though....too much and it becomes a very confusing story.

komrade komura

The Fall of the Mississippi Sativa Cooperative

Part 2:

The history of Co-op was originally written in big leather covered journals and kept inside of an extremely dangerous container which I am glad I never had to deal with as I would have no doubt blown myself up one late stoned night. Starting in 2000 they have been kept via computer and all past records keyed in. Now they are stored in a file buried far away in a corner of the dark net on the internet at a site no one can ever find due to encryption of address. If you don't know about Tor, well you don't know....yet. Go find out tonight…it is in your best interest, trust a historian.

The journals record all of the meetings, the action points, the decisions made, the votes, the reasoning, and any other narrative which the historian feels will be helpful. Grow journals are shared among the team members, but all other details are not. So the designs of underground grow facilities constructed in the late 90s are not shared; the minutes of meetings, the decisions taken, and the history of 1999, none of this is shared. They will learn it when it is their turn to be the historian. And then they can fill out the damned daily logs too!

But the experiments with nute regimes over months on a single strain, on a single pheno are shared. Sometimes the level of documentation is just remarkable. Each member brings a unique perspective. 5 was either a genius or lunatic obsessive compulsive; it is difficult to tell from his part of the journal. Crazy or not, we still use his nute formula for high end sativas with significant haze genetics and get about 20 % more yield. Thanks whoever you were. It makes Hazes commercially viable for us if we don’t look too closely at the numbers or opportunity costs of another massive kush run.

At the end of this year I need only give the password and the navigation to Mike. The journal represents the collective stories of all those lives working towards the same goals, perfection in growing cannabis and living well together, peacefully, closely and in harmony with other families for 4 years. The idea was that with each year the new historian will use it not to command but as a guide to success. All actions, exceptiing nomination to the team, required a majority of 3 votes from the team of 4.

Since 2000, it has evolved from a structure where the decision making power rested with the team members into one where both husband and wife discuss items and bring items before the group. Each family has one vote. If the team member and spouse don’t agree, they can’t vote until they do. It is not about winning the argument, it always about the winning idea, finding it and executing it. The only area where team members have sole authority is security. Those meetings occur within just the team and are never discussed outside of the team.

The first two weeks in January the longest serving member of the cooperative is relieved of all duties in order to read the entire history. The material is thousands of pages and represents 12 hours per day of work for two solid weeks. One of the interesting aspects of the history and what keeps a new historian reading is to look sometimes deeply inside of the personal lives of the past families in the co-op.

Some historians have been less willing to put in personal information…some seem to be salacious gossips, its like reading some tabloid magazine. One or two also used it as a dear diary. I don’t write too much personal shit, but this meeting will be documented in detail. The daily log can either be fascinating reading or boring and hopefully a short entry.

I will state now that 9 was a self-centered narcissistic fuck and I don’t know how he ever got through fucking screening. I am very glad I never had to know him, pompous little prick. In his defense though, he had the yield title 3 years in row…but still…c’mon. I just hated reading his near 2500 page over dramatized opus of insecurities and mild megalomania. I don’t really care if he sodomized his willing wife every fucking Sunday afternoon, not unless he recorded fucking videos! Nevermind, Mike would just confiscate them immediately…and I would let him. Today’s meeting would definitely make it into history. Sorry Danny.

Almost forgot this…hahaha funny since I am about to be hit by it: one other important thing, the member leaves behind 1 million dollars of his payout as a bond, returned upon the successful retirement of their successor, or given back to the sponsor’s family upon a sponsors death. So the final paycheck is a little short. Each family is required to live within the economic means of the dairy farm they operate. The payoff is completely at the end of the term. This is to prevent bling blindness.

You may think you know someone well or even yourself, but you don’t. You don’t know until you have several million dollars at your disposal. Then you will be amazed at the level of idiocy of which even the sanest person is capable. 3 knew human nature well…thanks bro. But then I am a 3 descendant myself which means I come from roughly the same skills area. I am the systems and process design guy.

1 had the brilliant big idea, but 3 was the operational fucking genius…a Jew from up north came with the historical knowledge of Trotsky ruthlessly building the red army (selecting mothers) but also the humane fairness of Emma Goldman (equal chores, equal pay). I know this because he wrote about each of them in detail when he was historian as if he was always thinking of who would read it in the future. He wrote it like a conversation. That he was Jewish? That was easy, ‘Happy Hannukah motherfuckers’ was his starting journal entry for 8 days. ‘Merry Stolen Rabbi Day’ is the starting journal entry on Christmas day.

His approach was simple, add structure and process to the enterprise but make as few rules as possible. If it is sound it would survive, if not, then it deserved to be replaced or amended anyway. I always wonder if other historians are as affected by his work as I have been. But let’s get back to our present problem. Too much digression is the curse of all historians for it is a story which only one person knows.

Danny was in his second year and this was the first time we had to deal with his dumbfuckery. He was the best grower of the group, as most often the botanists and horticulturalists are. His first year he was running Jack Herer, Cheese and and Kali Mist.

Strains are chosen from a hat once a year Halloween night and each member runs with their 3 strains for an entire year, newcomers inherit their list the first year. The list is provided by the graduating member under the logic that since it is their last year, the cooperative should grow whatever in the fuck they want, in honor of. If it is high end sativas then that is what is grown. Some graduating members want to run up the value as much as possible, as it is reflected in their final paycheck. Chronic, Critical Mass will be on their list with a few other obvious names. White Russian is not my favourite strain, not enough subtlety to the high, but we have produced a lot of it over the years.

Danny grew the best cheese I have ever smoked. He had popped hundreds of seeds to find his mother and he found a zero. A zero is simply the plant which is better than the best 1 ever…totally meaning no disrespect to the best 1 ever for it is truly a great and wonderful plant. It just that a zero represents the genetic freak that comes about every several thousand, million plants but is hardly ever captured and worked, outside of very, very serious breeding programs and even some of them miss. They are magic in plant form. Danny was the king of cull. Little fucker had a gift of examining seedlings and finding good and bad things earlier than the rest of the team.

He had some good results with a Big Buddha cheese pheno, nice tasting but a bit too indica for me. He popped every kind of cheese available from every seedhouse, everyone from Alphakronic to Greenhouse to Homegrown Fantasy. It was when he hit the packs from Kaliman that he found his zero, a more sativa leaning plant that produced a really strong stone to the body alongside a devastating clear, long-lasting and very cerebral high…and it yielded like a monster. I helped him set up a LED side lighting system for the lower bud sites on his first run. The co-op consensus was 'Wow'. It was so damned good, it was all I smoked for at least two months after work. The taste? Heaven. Nicest tasting weed ever. I have never been a taste connoisseur, always been the quality of high judge in the group. This one scored a knockout on both counts. And when Danny finished experimenting with his Screen of Green, he had pushed the yield up to 3 pounds per 1000 watts. I helped him design and build a screen that was almost 100 square meters; with excellent access utilizing auto mechanic’s rolling trolleys for working below the screen and a ceiling suspension system for working on the canopy. Superman suspended by wires…really fun shit. It was a setup of pure madness and some of the finest work I have ever done in my entire life. We predict that this plant and then her offspring will be kept and run by the co-op until the end of time.

We met in the barn of my farm, a security meeting. Haystack meetings are always serious. Mike and Danny entered from the rear of the barn, while simultaneously Charlie entered from the front. That is a bit of training we will never lose. Danny was nervous, the nervousness of someone who knows he has fucked up and not sure of his fate.

Mike is security. As this was a matter for him, after the initial hellos we waited for him to lead the meeting. He sat straight, his large frame at military crispness, an indication that he was wearing his game face. Mike was a strange mix. If you watched his body language you would know what was really going on. If you just listened to what he was saying you missed it. His tone of voice was always soothing, even if the words were not. He sounded like the caring friend at all times…but deeply cold blooded inside if you watched the entire performance. The previous 4 descendant was creepy this way too. Guess it is necessary for the job.

Mike: Danny, we don't have a choice. This is a CAT1 breach, and you know what it would do to Tanya if she ever found out. It has to end, my friend.

Danny: C'mon guys, you’ve seen her, don't tell me you wouldn't tap that ass if you could.

Charlie: Sorry bro, she may be all that and more, but I agree, she has to go. Tanya will put a knife in you if she ever finds out. I may be the rookie member but seriously bro, your wife doesn't strike me as the forgiving type. More of a jealous slasher type...a cut your dick off and feed it to the dog sort of woman. That woman ain’t ever taken crap from anyone, ever. By the way, we all really like that about her too (apologetically). You married a badass action figure in female form.

Danny: But she is such a freak in bed...you can't imagine the nasty things...shit Tanya would never ever consider.

Mike: (annoyed but hiding it and standing up now reminding us from his 6 foot 4 inch frame why he was on the team): Danny you have to end it, now. No other choice bro.

Danny's head dropped like a condemned man but one who would survive to see tomorrow. He knew not to try to fight the majority, as it could severely inflate the cost of his mistake. He loved these guys but had put them at risk and felt guilty for it. Allen walked over and put his hand on his shoulder. He was the oldest in the group, mid-forties, gray at the temple beginning.

Allen: Danny, I know you think this woman is the best thing ever. Regrettably my friend, you have a much more serious commitment that you must keep. If you really care for her, let her leave with her life. Keep your pants on for every woman but your wife for the next two and a half years. After that, the world is your oyster. Don't endanger the rest of us. It is not fair and we can’t afford it.

Several things will get you busted or buried and infidelity was definitely on the list. All co-op members must be married, no girlfriends allowed for legal reasons.

For the last few weeks Danny had begun to think that he was in love. That made this the biggest mistake of his life. He knew the other 3 were right but that didn't make it any easier or hurt less. Dying for love sounded romantic, but it was not an outcome he wanted to investigate. Any action required 3 votes and he did not want his own fate decided by his closest friend in the group, Allen, with a deciding life or death vote.

Danny: So how does this play?

Allen: She will receive 100K, a flight to Los Angeles and then another 100K when you successfully hand over your membership to your successor. Regrettably, she will be told what is behind Door #2 to ensure she can make an informed decision. You will cease all communication with her, starting now.

Danny: Can't see her one more time before she leaves?

Mike: (now standing two feet in front of Danny and as intimidating as possible): Not alive.

Danny: OK, OK! Fuck, bunch of heartless bastards.

Mike reaches out to Danny put his huge hand behind Danny’s neck and pulled him forward to where their foreheads touch. He spoke softly.

Mike: Listen, this is THE big mistake my brother. I love you...but this is the only second chance you will ever get, I'll bury you next time. It’s not that we want you to be unhappy. I don't want to be crying and digging holes for a body. Hers or yours. That's all. Just wait until you are done and sitting on the beach in Thailand.

He released his grip and sat down beside Danny and put his arm around him. He returned to best friend mode.

Mike: How can this really be what’s good for you? Tanya is a great woman, you have a great kid. Lisa is about to start high school and is near the top of her class in fucking everything. That is one of the sweetest kids I have ever met...and that is because of all the love you and Tanya have given her. Why do you want to fuck that up and create one of those dis-associtative Emo kids out of her?

As part of his security function, Mike made a conscious effort to be there for everyone emotionally. Most didn’t notice it; they just thought he was naturally a huge friendly bear of a man. I noticed. When asked about it, he told me that it was just part of the transition from his predecessor and something passed down to all 4 descendants. Good security starts with knowing the people. Mike helped all of the children with their homework every day. The kids were never told about operations. Mike just always checked.

Danny: Yeah, next year. (Cheering up a little). Will need to figure out how to keep the creeps away from her.

Allen: Don't worry about the details Danny. We've got your back brother. Mike and I will have a word with her and then it is done. And it will come from emergency fund in equal share. Mike feels we owe you that for not being there for you when you needed us and we agree.

Allen: Gentlemen, can we consider this issue closed and the meeting adjourned?

Each man raised his hand, Danny first. The meeting was over.

3 had offered a simple policy: equal share among all members. If each member and their family was going to spend up to 4 years living as a close knit group, so close that it would make a religious cult envious, then fairness was necessary. And now the spouses were in charge of the money, everything except an emergency security fund of 250K which was never questioned and any usage replenished at the start of every year. It was only ever used once before, 1999. ‘99 was not a good year for the co-operative. The 6th commandment is an absolute, when you break it, you know it.

To be continued…

StayHigh149

These stories are really good.

Edge of your seat type of experience, like a Donald Goines book...just can't stop reading once you start.

komrade komura

Hopefully she who must be obeyed will eliminate the grammatical errors and spelling in future parts.

Fucking dictionary is set to american spelling so it flags everytime I spell humour and organisation as incorrect...and I ain't used american spelling in years

...(not since 1999...hahaha)

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Don't feel too bad most of the mistakes I caught were the kind spell checkers typically don't catch because the word is spelled right, it's just the wrong word for where it's being used.

Like this line "Danny: Yeah, next year. (Cheering up a little). Will need to figure out how to keep the creeps away from her."

I'm guessing you meant We'll instead of will. I'm also guessing you talk things out in your head as you write because when you say we'll it sounds alot like will and if your mind is going too fast for your fingers I could see where this mistake could crop up. With story telling as good as yours though I think everyone here will overlook a few mistakes. Oh and as good as Forced Entry was this one already seems even better and has alot of great potential for what direction it could go in.

komrade komura

I have been considering submitting this story in a national search for the best children's author. Wife is not so sure it is a good move. I say teach them early, the cops ain't your friend.

HempKat

Veteran
I have been considering submitting this story in a national search for the best children's author. Wife is not so sure it is a good move. I say teach them early, the cops ain't your friend.

I'd listen to your wife on that one if I were you. I doubt the nation is ready for children to be taught such things openly. Even though they already are if they live in the right neighborhoods.

HempKat

Veteran
Given your style and talent I thought of a possible story I'd love to see you try after this one if you want. Even came up with a possible title "Growing Commercial - The Diary of a Marijuantrepreneur" detailing the trial and errors of a grower trying to capitalizing on the MMJ, movement.

komrade komura

I was thinking along those lines....but it turns out to be a comedy after about 5 minutes of thought....which if we all think back, we have many comical moments.

First thought I could run a cabinet without ventilation or air cooled lights because of a previous very successful non-vented closet grow and the cold climate where I live....and a deeply embedded cheap-skate nature (2 daughters caused this).

Cost me an expensive set of seeds from Serious Seed Company....killed those motherfuckers in 3 days flat! 162 degree F in the motherfucking shade while I am blissfully at work causing trouble elsewhere.

As if I could run a non-cooled 400W HPS in a wood structure that is essentially expensive fucking kindling!

Now it seems like a light sentence.

Never go cheap on design. Nailed my next White Russian grow but didn't like the smoke and gave most of it away to visiting americans. Sunny and 75 now works great for me.

I would love to create a grow story that was comical. The Aussie and Silverstein may be just the men for the job....if they can quit doing acid long enough to focus.

(Note: - the word 'motherfucker' will not come up as a MISSPELLED word if you add it to your dictionary)

Hmmmm....wonder....yep.

Digression, disgression.

HempKat

Veteran
Well I was thinking more along the lines of someone who grew for themself deciding to go commercial and then getting into the different things they would have to deal with as a commercial grower and the ways they adapted to improvise. I mean one does not get to the point of having a high tech grow house like you describe in forced entry straight off the bat (unless they're able to draw off of someone else's experience.

I was also thinking there are alot of aspects that even people who grow (but just for themselves) don't really understand. Such as what growers go thru in dealing with dispensaries. I mean there are a whole different set of requirements when what you grow is going into the lungs of medical patients rather then into the lungs of an average stoner. Anyway it's just an idea but so far you're doing just fine with your own ideas.

komrade komura

The Fall of The Mississippi Sativa Cooperative - Part 3

The Fall of The Mississippi Sativa Cooperative - Part 3

Part 3:
In order to understand how 4 people starting at the same time became 1 exits – 1 enters per year you need to know the team roster over the first few years. Here it is:
Year Member Numbers
1994 1 2 3 4
1995 1 2 3 4
1996 1 2 3 4
1997 1 2 3 4
1998 5 2 3 4
1999 5 6 3 4
2000 and onwards….you can figure it out for yourself now. I am number 15, if you haven’t worked that out yet.

Daily Log: November 14, 1999 Member: 3

Fuck me, fuck me, fuck me! Shit! I can’t fucking believe it! This is the worst fucking day. What the fuck have we done? FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! Did we forget anything? Calm the fuck down, gotta calm the fuck down. Think about the details! It is always the details. We have security fucking tight…ALWAYS! The fucking cows recognize me in the fucking moonlight around here! How did we miscalculate this fucking badly? Fuck me, fuck me, fuck me!

God damn it….now calm the fuck down! Deep breaths. Taking my pulse…still about 130 bpm. Breathe motherfucker and calm the fuck down! Right NOW! Light the joint of Bubba for fucks sake!

A few tokes later:

OK, let gain control here. Examine the facts. Come on motherfucker, stay in control. In a crisis, the best weapon has been and will always be, the brain. Plan – Do – Check – Adjust - Continue.

Facts and Chronology:

Unusually warm today, low 70s.

14:38 - perimeter scan started at 4’s farm.

14:47 – local sheriff’s department car found empty on one of the roughed in trails around the back of the farm. Team alerted.
5 & 4 in lead car, 6 & 3 about 100 meters behind.

14:53 – search of car. Cop Name: Lester Broad, no weapons found. Empty diet coke cans in the back floorboard. Short lengths of rope in back seat.

14:54 – Weapons check of team. 4 has weapons, pulls 22 caliber pistol from ankle strap and puts it in back pocket. Removes 9mm from holster in jacket and hands it to 6 (2nd best shooting scores).

14:55 – ground show tracks leading south

14:56 – We split into two groups, laterally 30 meters apart. 4 followed the footprints with me about two meters behind. 6 & 5 moved carefully and quietly through the brush east of us, 6 at the lead…weapons concealed.

14:58 – first sound heard. Woman’s laughing voice.

Woman (taunting): Why do you your Mistress, little worm? Praise the Lord wifey doesn’t give you any of the abuse and pain you crave. Bet all she wants to do is serve you, just like Jesus tells her to do…you submissive little prick. How absurd. Slaves don’t get slaves, it is against nature, worm. Bet she doesn’t even suck your little wart does she?

Pig Lester: No Mistress. She doesn’t know how to treat her dirty, slutty husband. She just gives me respect.

Mistress: And what you really want is me, even though I despise you. You need to know how fucking bad you are, a worthless human being, not worth the air you breathe, the water you drink. Let me see if your little wart is awake. The sound of leather slapping followed by male whimpering.

Mistress: Cry you little bitch and I will put in the larger plug in your ass! Just a single tear and I will make you walk like new meat after a prison gangbang.

Pig Lester is naked and tied with ropes to 4 stakes in the ground. Ice cubes are poured over his body, mostly on his chest, stomach and crotch. The woman is squatting over his head. She unzips the crotch of her latex costume and lowers herself.

Mistress: Feed little piggy…oink, oink. Let me hear you grunt between my legs.

Lester: Yes Mistress…a few seconds later he starts making grunting noises. She moans and there are loud slapping sounds like a belt on skin, each followed by a groan.

Woman: That’s a good little piggy…you’re are serving your Mistress good now.
Louder and more numerous slaps and groans now.

Lester (strains to raise his head and looking around): Do you hear something?

Woman: Just the sound of a slave not pleasing his mistress! Now get back to work slave…and if you do a good job you will be rewarded. But if you are bad…(hard slapping sound).

14:54 – reverse and quiet hand signals sent. We retreat.

14:59 – back at cars

15:03 – arrive back at 4’s barn

15:05 – Security meeting called at the haystacks to discuss event.
Jesus fucking Christ, local deputy, Lester Broad, cheating and having a kinky time with an unknown woman, somewhat attractive, in a severe sort of way. Married man, religious wife. Conclusion: Their activities and location are unknown to anyone else. Good for them, good for us. We won’t tell if they don’t. While a security problem because it was off in the wooded area at the far end of a farm growing copious amounts of ganja; and it was a fucking pig, there is no evidence of knowledge by them that would compromise security. Fucking randomness, hate it! Slave Lester’s kinky sex life is not really our business, but now he had made it our business.

I just wish they would find a better place to fuck on a Sunday afternoon. Sex, of the kind they are practicing, is always best done indoors, in basements or at very private parties. Resolution 1: Daily checkpoint of location at same time for next 30 days, also at 10PM and 2AM, then down to weekly if no reoccurrence, standard rotation roster, video cameras added to patrol. Any repeat performances by these two lovers should be known to us and if there is a pattern to their activity, we definitely want to know and will consider further actions. No trespassing sign to be placed in obvious place…but then cops believe that by virtue of their virtue-less position that they are incapable of trespassing.

16:14 – Lester’s patrol car seen approaching barn. 5 & 6 retreat to barn loft. 5 with 9mm, 6 with Winchester 300. 4 and I wait unarmed.

16:15 – Woman get’s out of car first. She wears an unbuttoned full length plastic coat and thick black boots, kicking up dust, latex costume underneath (crotch still unzipped, labias visible, thighs still wet). In the pocket of her coat is what looks like a jockey’s whip.

16:16 – Lester in full uniform approaches the barn with woman walking beside him. He’s about six feet tall, had a much smaller waist line about 15 years ago, but still carries himself like he just stopped the winning touchdown against his high school football team. Wedding ring installed.

Mistress: Where are you, you little pervert? Come out peeper. Peek-a-boo, peeper I want to see you. Time to pay for your sins. We saw you drive off and that’s your truck outside. Did you take pictures of us, you wormy little prick?

4 and I stand over by a broken garden tiller inside the barn as they enter. I reached down and unfastened the spark plug wire and examined it carefully, as if I had more important things to do than pay attention to the intrusion. I don’t want to talk.

4: Howdy officer, how can I help you?

Pig Lester: Was that your truck over round the back of this place about 3 o’clock?

Narrator: Yes officer it was. Was looking to find a bit of broken fence I noticed last week, was gonna flag it and come back and get the stuff to fix it. Can I get you a glass of sweet tea or something?

Mistress: Did you like what you saw?

4: Well actually ma’am, when I heard it was a man and a woman, I realized it wasn’t none of my business and decided it would be best to respect your privacy. (if you must talk in front of a cop, best to make it as simple as possible or the truth if you can because it is easier to remember if you should be required to repeat it multiple times to multiple people, each eager to sell their mothers to the devil in exchange for an increase of their conviction stats).

Pig Lester reviewed 4 from boots to head. Pig Lester is two inches shorter and at least 3 or 4 levels lower in physical conditioning. Eyes meet…4 gives him nothing and doesn’t look away, just keeps smiling at him. It is the blank stare of the imbecile or religious fruit cake but one that doesn’t break contact with his gaze and is non-threatening. Being thought an idiot can provide a short-term tactical advantage at times. Pig Lester walks over to me. I continue squatting over the tiller, now unscrewing the sparkplug out for a close examination.

Pig Lester: What about you? You seen anything boy?

3: Nope, Nothing.officer.

Pig Lester: Didn’t see any naked people?

3: Nothing officer.

Pig Lester: What your name boy?

3: ****

Pig Lester: **** what?

3: *********

Pig Lester stands over me his knee against my shoulder in some primate dominant display: Where you from *******? (using the long form of my name in an attempt to intimidate me, more male primal shit. Even worms need to feel superior to something)

3: The farm about a mile from here. Just over here to help fix a tiller.

Pig Lester: He talks funny, don’t he. Kinda strange wouldn’t you say?

Mistress: Yankee…sounds like a New YAWKER to me, or maybe it’s BAHston,hard to tell.

Pig Lester: Where you come from boy? Don’t make me ask again.

3: New Jersey

Pig Lester: What’s a Jersey Jew boy doing working a dairy farm down here?

3: Came down here for college and fell in love with the place.

Pig Lester (still standing over me): You went to Southern Miss? What did you study?

3: Engineering mostly..and literature.

Pig Lester: You boys look about the same age. You two go to school together?

4: Yes we did.

4 steps forward towards Pig Lester. Pig takes one step back away from 3, puts his hand on his revolver then steps forward again, remembering he is a terrorist with badge, authority and the full faith and credit of the government.

Pig Lester: So now you two are just gentlemen farmers of southern Missip. Butt Pirates of the barn.

Mistress laughs, that unique laugh of knowing you can taunt and fuck with someone and there ain’t shit they can do about it. Nice people treat you with respect. The Mistress was not one.

Mistress: Officer, is it true what they say about a Jew’s dick…that it’s tiny and has the end chopped of?

Smiling Pig Lester removed his revolver from the holster: Don’t know, would you like find out?

Mistress: of course slave

Pig Lester: I am back in uniform now! We DON’T play while I am in uniform. I am not a slave when I am wearing my badge. Pointing the gun at me: You heard the lady, get ‘em down.

I stood up and unzipped my coveralls. He waves his pistol at me to drop the stupid gift Disney-print boxers I am wearing (thanks honey). I comply. 4 is frozen in place. Live weapon frozen., calculating the odds of a bad outcome.

The Mistress walks over for a closer look:

Motherfucker sure knows how to grow pubic hair don’t he. Well looky there…it don’t look too much different from yours, cept it’s a tiny little bit bigger. I must be in the land of tiny cocks here. Lemme see how big it is when it’s hard ********. Show me a flag pole and I might ride it….since Officer Broad’s wart ain’t enough to please a mouse.

Pig Lester: We DON’T play while I am in uniform! Fucking stop it! I am a cop for christ’s sake and I don’t want people knowing about us.

Mistress: Shut the fuck up slave. We play when I want and how I want. We’ll play in the middle of the damned sheriff’s office if that’s what I want. And you will obey slave! What’s wrong Officer, your tiny wart making you feel insecure now?

4 moves his left hand up to his shoulder and scratches it. He is 3 inches from signaling.

Pig Lester turns and aims the gun at Mistress, who recognizes her own danger immediately, steps backwards and turns towards Pig Lester.

Pig Lester: I told you to stop, but you won’t. Now they know about me and us.

Pig Lester walked over to the tools hanging on the barn wall. When his hand reached the large scythe, 4 touched his left ear.

Mistress was hit in the chest from the 9mm, a loud sound. As she stumbled back, the second round from the 9 hit her head. She arrived at horizontal already half way to hell. Hell is full of the evil and the silent. She was not the silent type. Pig Lester was disoriented for a fraction of a second, disoriented because the only two people he knew about did not fire weapons. He swung around back towards 3 and 4. WTF was 6 waiting on! As 5 swung his 9mm to get off a round at Pig Lester, 6 hit Pig Lester in the shoulder, the deafening roar from the Winchester. As he went down, Pig Lester got off two rounds. 5 hit him in the gut with a round from the 9, then another in the chest. Pig Lester lay on the ground bleeding out, twitching and jerking like a marionette under the control of a child, his gun a foot away on the concrete barn floor. 4 seconds, start to end, if that long.

I stood there frozen and stunned. Wake me the fuck up please! I couldn’t get my head around what had happened. Then I heard a sound from behind me.

4: Oh god…I am so fucking scared. The fucking pig killed me. I…I am gonna die and I ain’t done yet. I’m gonna die. I’m gonna fucking die. The fucking pig has killed me.

4 was hit in the center of his chest and was laying back against one of the concrete barn pilings. I reached him and ripped open his shirt. It was bad, really bad, red and black from his neck to his waist. I supported his head.

Me: Don’t worry bro, we will get you to the hospital right now. Bring the truck in here NOW!

5 & 6 had climbed down quickly from the loft and 5 was running for his truck outside.

When 6 saw his fallen comrade, he started to cry. Rage was in his eyes. Rage and self-loathing consumed him.

6: What the fuck have I done? Oh my god…what the fuck did I do? He has a wife. Oh god.

6 walked over to the still twitching cop. He put the barrel of the Winchester to Pig Lester’s forehead and pulled the trigger. The roar was followed by silence, followed by the stillness of the late Pig Lester. 6 wiped his eyes.

I cradled 4’s head: It’s gonna be ok. You’re a tough guy. Yes, you’re a tough guy. Come on. It missed your heart or else you wouldn’t be here. You ain’t parked in the red zone yet…bro, you will make it. C’mon you will be ok. You’re a tough guy.

4 (whispering as blood started coming from his lips): I don’t think he missed, lucky bastard. No hospital…****, fucking promise me, no hospitals. You can’t explain…

5 pulled the truck into the barn.

4 died while we were lifting him onto the open bed of the truck.

Oh fuck, it should have been me. I was the one he was fucking with. Can’t stop crying. Never had to tell someone she’s a widow before. It was as if my words ripped out the essence from within her and I expected her to collapse to the ground, only an empty costume shell remaining.

The patrol car is inside of the barn now, two bodies in the trunk. 5 & 6 are way out at the back of the farm in the woods with the backhoe and bulldozer. Big hole between the pine trees. We voted unanimously to bury everything, except 4. By sunrise it must all be done.

Tomorrow morning, plan 14 will be invoked. 50,000 dollars will quietly be deposited in the local sheriff’s bank account from a bank in the Cayman Islands. If he remains dumb, he gets to keep the money. Should anyone ever come asking about this incident, an email goes to the crime reporter for the Clarion Ledger in Jackson and the good sheriff can explain the money while we make our departure.

Would I have hesitated? NO!. Fuck, I am just lying to myself. I simply can’t know until it is my time. But one thing I do know: anyone who would have known the outcome wouldn’t have hesitated and I am certain that includes 6.

My 1st journal entry and it had to be my worst nightmare. More detailed report tomorrow. Next time I wake, for just a moment I will think maybe…then it will all be real again.