What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mixing QWISO with vegetable glycerin...

S-V-K

Hi,
I have made some QWISO and as you know it's sticky and impossible to work with :mad:

I have tryed to mix 0.5ml with 40% vodka(8ml) = oil stayed at the bottom of the small flask completely isolated(something like oil in water).

My second attempt is to add Vegetable glycerin to qwiso = I want to brake something-it(qwiso) bloody floats on top of glycerine all fuucking day(I have it on hot plate-low temperature).

What I have done: 0.5ml of qwiso heated up and then I have added 25ml of glycerin.After 6 hours(stering sometime) I have added Isopropanol = nothing happend it's still same(little bit darker).

Whole weekend gone and no results what so ever :-(
I'm not going to be heating oil before rolling joint or anything like that I just need to get that tar diluted :)

Please please please can somebody help me out ?
Thank you very much

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You might try heating the vodka to boiling temperature first. That works with 190 proof, but I haven't tried with 80 proof.

In my own personal experience, the QWISO won't mix with the glycerine completely.

L

LouDog420

I couldn't get QWISO to mix with glycerin either...

Heated at 250F and stirred for 10-15 min... Never mixed.

Try some coconut oil, shit works wonders, and mixes easy peazy ;)

S-V-K

You might try heating the vodka to boiling temperature first. That works with 190 proof, but I haven't tried with 80 proof.

In my own personal experience, the QWISO won't mix with the glycerine completely.

Many thanks mate :)

Colour of the glycerin is light brown after 7 hours of heating.
Unfortunatelly we can't buy 190proof grain alc in uk.

I'm going to test that vodka-what ratio would you recommend ?

Thank you very much

S-V-K

I couldn't get QWISO to mix with glycerin either...

Heated at 250F and stirred for 10-15 min... Never mixed.

Try some coconut oil, shit works wonders, and mixes easy peazy ;)

I have coconut oil ready.
What sort of dillution ratio should I use ?
Can you smoke coconut oil ?

L

LouDog420

Nah, not for smoking. Ingestion, I figured that's what you were going for with the veggie glycerine.

If you want to smoke it, just smoke your QWISO after a good purge.

For ingestion, I use 1 gram of QWISO to 5mL of coconut oil.

Dose between 200-500mg QWISO depending on tolerance.

I played with it a little in my lounge here .... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4886655#post4886655

Will QWISO or a similar alcohol extraction mix with PEG-400 or PG?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't suppose ethanol would mix better. Personally, I can't stand iso.

Sadly no. Neither does BHO.

Glycerine does best when you extract with it, but concentration is severely limited.

The only way I've found to combine up to 50% or so, is with an homogenizer.

Will QWISO or a similar alcohol extraction mix with PEG-400 or PG?
Yes

I'm looking to get the Source Turbo Extractor for convenience -- is there a max amount of oil that I can put into suspension with Vegetable Glycerin vs. Propylene Glycol vs. Polyethylene Glycol?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm looking to get the Source Turbo Extractor for convenience -- is there a max amount of oil that I can put into suspension with Vegetable Glycerin vs. Propylene Glycol vs. Polyethylene Glycol?

Yes. PG and PEG hold more.

p0opstlnksal0t

Many thanks mate :)

Colour of the glycerin is light brown after 7 hours of heating.
Unfortunatelly we can't buy 190proof grain alc in uk.

I'm going to test that vodka-what ratio would you recommend ?

Thank you very much

A very cheap distillation kit could get you cranking out 190 from that vodka.

Yes. PG and PEG hold more.

I tried to make VG suspensions in a double boiler and it didn't work at all -- even at a zip of top grade per cup -- hence why I'm just making the jump and getting the Turbo Extracter by Source.

So now I just don't fully know the process of blending the extracted oils into the vape liquids. I got PEG-400.

Any tips??

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried to make VG suspensions in a double boiler and it didn't work at all -- even at a zip of top grade per cup -- hence why I'm just making the jump and getting the Turbo Extracter by Source.

So now I just don't fully know the process of blending the extracted oils into the vape liquids. I got PEG-400.

Any tips??

Here is the archive for my old article on glycerin extraction:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150707125227/https://skunkpharmresearch.com:80/glycerin-extraction/

and for using a homogenizer:

https://web.archive.org/web/2015070...ifying-vegetable-glycerin-and-bho-for-e-juice

To mix PG or PEG, you simply warm them up and blend them.

I haven't refined them, because i don't use it, but I'm sure someone here can share ratios.

Latest posts

Latest posts