What's new

Three Continents - my very first Cross :)

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hello dear Friends,

may I introduce you to my very first homecross I did last year.

the mother; pure sativa Nigerian from local bagseeds, would have taken around 25 to 30 weeks to flower. Unfortunately I never smoked her - lost to a friend, but got some seeds from it. It is the only non hermie out of 4 females.
I really decided to use this strain because of its incredible vigor. Compare to any strain I was growing along it clearly outperformed by the incredible rate of plant material creating. But it is a very very slow flowering plant, slow to start and to build up flower. Looking for a pure landrace cross this made sense to use this plant that would overgrow half a 120 homebox in 3 months flowering from seeds.
The smell was very pungent, resinous, some kind of deep peppery herb.

Here plants from the same age, right side is quite vigorous Destroyer x Sour Diesel. Put straight into flowering

Buds

The father, come from NepalxJamaica f2, originally from Ace seeds, crossed by a friend. The f2 were pretty hermie; but this male was kept 4 month in front of a window and water stressed with never showing any reversal sign. The nepal jamaica despite its tendency to hermie (for these f2) was a very very interesting smoke, not so potent but nicely uplifting, with some interesting landrace style taste. I think it is Nepali dominant as per the use of an indica nepali in Ace cross, pretty wide leaves. Props to Ace for this incredible Strain that I am glad is sharing some genes with my deceased nigerian mother ...

Last edited:

titoon29

Veteran
Now; I present you Three Continents : Africa, America, Asia : Nigeria x(Nepal x Jamaica)

3 Phenotypes

Phenotype 1 ( Day 75 )

Phenotype 2 (Day 75)

titoon29

Veteran
More pictures, and details soon to be released ! :laughing:

I think 16 weeks should be enough for them, but we will see. Today, day 90.

:wave:

S

sativagrower87

Great work, titoon :D That nigerian is crazy! Looking forward for more info :lurk:

Braindead#1

Omae wa mo shindeiru
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You're first work looks promising bro ;)

Where you got the Nigerian mother? From ace or picked in the wild?

Keep us updated....

:thank you:

SuperConductor

Veteran
Those buds are beautiful mate! I used a nepal jamaican male in loads of crosses and they were mostly great. The indica/nepjam crosses are good but the cross with a long flowering sativa turned out to be the best thing i've smoked. Good luck man looking forward to the smoke report

F

Fluffy Clouds

very nice! titoon:tiphat:

first when i read that mother is 25+ weeks i thought its gonna be wild but buds are really nice, compact, huge colas wow... it looks really good... it would be cool to see more bud details to see resin content, it seems that not much resin on leafs but its typical for many sativas...

nepjam is good choice... better than to use pure indica to get flower times down, cause indicas can modify that special sativa high..

great job!!!! i remember your riri x destroyer, which was good loookin too... i have friend here who keeps cut of nigerian nightmare(bc mango x nigerian) from reeferman, and he raves about it how its good.. all the time... african sativas are so beautiful!

vibes:ying:

titoon29

Veteran
Thank you all for the rep, ty for your posts sativagrower87, purple_man, Braindead, Superconductor; Fluffy Clouds.

Braindead indeed it is a wild nigerian, from bagseed collected from local ganja in Port Harcourt.
Superconductor thanks for the hint, indeed these NepJam seems perfect in the cross. I am unfamiliar with the buds shape of the nigerian though, since i only saw her up to 16 weeks ^^, so cannot really say much about the influences.
It would seem I have one Jamaican leaning plant, not really foxtailing like hell but more kind fluffy big buds, and two more nigeria - nepal I ld say, the nepali mostly shortening the flowering; and very very foxtailish. But I can only guess from pictures I ve seen online of the NepJam... The smoke should tell me more about it...

Fluffy Clouds, indeed this sativa does not make much resin on the leaves, but still some big one have a small spot of trichomes on the stems.
I was waiting for the question to post a first set of macros on small buds on my phenotype 3. The two most foxtailing plants are actually showing a crazy amount of resin which I did not really expect. They are really winner in bud appeal for a sativa lover. Huge foxtails swallowing of resin.
So far what I have smoked of it is already first hand. After a week drying, one cure; my small branches already showed me their potential. Very intense brain activity high type, the smoke has a very cool sat texture to it; very smooth and easy to smoke. What also got me was the flavour; which was truly different from inhale to exhale. inhale was more herbal type, while the exhale would show some kushy/hashy flavors. Damn I love to smoke fresh sativas ! It was already (at 10 weeks) nearly as strong as much hybrids I have around so I am looking forward for more, more psychedelic for sure.

To sum up, potency, taste, appeal, I am already mostly convinced.
Now gotta finish them well and share them as much as possible for unbiased reviews ;)

First set of macros, Phenotype 3

drueed

The father, come from NepalxJamaica f2, originally from Ace seeds, crossed by a friend. The f2 were pretty hermie; but this male was kept 4 month in front of a window and water stressed with never showing any reversal sign. The nepal jamaica despite its tendency to hermie (for these f2) was a very very interesting smoke, not so potent but nicely uplifting, with some interesting landrace style taste. I think it is Nepali dominant as per the use of an indica nepali in Ace cross, pretty wide leaves. Props to Ace for this incredible Strain that I am glad is sharing some genes with my deceased nigerian mother ...

Hi Titoon !
I have on my mind a polyhybridation between Nepaljam and Orient express, as Dubi talked about a while back and showed some pictures of this cross.
But hearing from you about this nepjam tendency to hermie i'm not so sure about it.

Do you have some more infos of the F2's your friend made ? pheno used etc..

And if anyone else have some info about it fell free to share !

( joli croisement cette "trois continents" !! )

Thanks !

Drueed aka Nico

titoon29

Veteran
Thx Fluffy Clouds, very appreciated from you ;)

drueed,
not sure for the f2's parents, I know a bunch of people that got hermies on that batch, it was from a friend. but i think it unavoidable with most sativas heirloom genetics at the end of flowering. they usually do not seem make pollen though, and probably this intersex trait showing up was boosted by not the best selection on the parents. I don't think I've seen any trace of hermie in Ace's Work, or maybe just late flowering.

I actually discovered that all my 3 phenotypes made some small bananas at the end of flowering, not much but they are here. So far I have discover no trace of pollination except some fully matured seeds due to my previous pollination with a TahoeC99 male that I did not expected to work... :)

Anyway I gotta start back to the beginning and find unworked landraces to cross with that nigerian. better if collected myself. Papua is the goal ...

Thx St Ra !

Phenotype 3 is starting to cure, very interesting smoke, I like it... After two joints (1g or so) it tends to get quite psychedelic, your brain function in very various modes that can go from intense enlightenment to intense paranoia.I had some very similar sensations in my leg as mushrooms or eating cannabis, some kind of little waves running in your body.
Yes I did smoke quite a bunch of this stuff trying to get the most of it :) More about it after some fair review this week end.

Phenotype 1 is showing some strong purpling on some spots at the bottom of the buds, maybe even on the trichomes. I am considering putting it in a cold dark room for some day to enhance the color, trying to bring out a color that tend to give a more euphoric/relaxing high.

Anyway, Gotta go make some Haze Oil for my special Caramellos recipe :bump:

Phenotype 3

+++

drueed

Thanks Titoon !

OK, if it's only late bananas it's not that bad. I thought it was some "full" hermaphroditism. As you stated, ACE lines have a reputation for being quite hermie free.

This 3rd pheno look quite appealing ! Enjoy !

P

Paco

I think you hit a home run with that cross. looks like a great sativa. Props titoon.

Latest posts

Latest posts