What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RADICAL LST...White Domina x Qrazy Train by Nugbuckets

nugbuckets

Hello IC'ers....Nugbuckets here.....The Packers just had their season handed to them by the Giants tonight, so i figured i would start a journal to pass some time through the rest of the winter.

so here goes.....

it is not really radical, or something that hasn't been done before, but for lack of a better word......i am chasing the magical gram per watt with organic soil and smarties in a 3 x 6 ft. space...the closest i have gotten to this point is about .75, so i am always trying new things. i don't want to sog or scrog, so i am experimenting with bonzai and training....modular LST

i will be using a supersoil
3 X 6 space with 1200 watts....two 6's in blockbusters side by side
smart pots, and some organic liquid nutes if i feel the need.

working a F-1 White Domina X Qrazy Train.

please feel free to pull up a chair and hang....only positive vibes, please....no bullshit.

here are some pics of my progress so far.....

the ladies before any LST....i have pruned them so they all have eight leaders....

Last edited by a moderator:

nugbuckets

and a few pics of primary LST.....

Attachments

• permafrost lst 005.jpg
    permafrost lst 005.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 12
  • permafrost lst 004.jpg
    permafrost lst 004.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 14
  • permafrost lst 006.jpg
    permafrost lst 006.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 13

nugbuckets

i plan to run 8 plants in 7 gal. smarties, with a modified tomato cage ring at 16 inches tall for training and control of the canopy......
because it is an F-1 crop, i will be dealing with individual height management, so this will be totally experimental.

My goals are 1 gram per watt, a nice even canopy, and to have a great time with these beautiful 90% indicas, learning a whole lot along the way.

Attachments

• permafrost lst 007.jpg
    permafrost lst 007.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 14

nugbuckets

the girls after they responded to the bondage...

Attachments

• initial lst.jpg
    initial lst.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 16
  • initial.jpg
    initial.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 14

pinecone

Sativa Tamer
Veteran
hey can anyone show me how to add larger photos without burning up all my attachment space.....this is my first time with pics on IC...i would really appreciate it.

I'll tell you what I do -. Click on any picture in "My Albums". At the bottom of the picture page (the page were the image is shown full size) you will see a linking for two picture URLs. Copy and past the second of these URL into your post.

_____

I've messed around with this style of growing a bit with mono strain and multi-strain seed plants. I'd typically have 4 LSTed plants in 4.1 gallon nursery pots with each plant getting a bit more than 1 square foot under 400w.

One gram per watt is an ambitious goal. I like the fact that you set the bar high, but with a seed grow (I think this is what I'm reading) and 8 different plants it will probably take being good and lucky to achieve. All this is to say don't take it as some sort of grower error if you don't achieve the mark. Next time you should be able to select the whopper out of the bunch and hit the mark, regardless of what happens this time.

Pine

nugbuckets

thanks bro, i will give it a shot.....my puter has been giving me a hard time also,....trying to get the bugs worked out...

nugbuckets

you can see in the above close-up shot , we got ourselves a fair amount of purple going on.....my domina is some of the coolest bud, i wish i had a cured bud shot.....but it was absolutely silver...and my QT is almost all Urkle.....so i was thinking the two would really compliment each other as good reps of white and purple....a lavender, if you will..here are a few shots of my QT breeder......
picture.php

picture.php

nugbuckets

hey pine,

yeah, the bar is high, but my last run, i got a taste of what may be possible with a clone run of my QT......i pushed 30 oz. with six plants, in 7 gal smarties, under 865 watts...and my canopy wasn't quite full....so i think if i really focus on the canopy management, i can do this... probably not with F-1's, but maybe with a selected clone run, like you said....stay tuned, and thanks for the input! My QT is an absolute beast!....and the WD was no slouch either.....wish me luck.
Nugs

sorry....yeah this is a F-1 seed run...

also, i am vegging under a eight bulb T-5....had to raise it a bit farther from the girls, because they were almost too stout to super-crop.....

nugbuckets

alright, lets back up a bit.........
F-1 seeds cracked on Dec. 5th...vegged about 21 days, then switched to 12/12 for 7 days to sex....ended up with 17 out of 20 ladies! lucky i guess....chose 1 stud, and culled 9 ladies...wasn't easy.....but feel i got down to the best eight, equally representing both parents.....then back to 20/4..........total veg time will be around 50 days.....first LST/super-crop at 40 days....clones also taken at day 40.

got the girls transplanted into their 7 gal. smarties tonight, added a humidifier to the room,
and put them under 865 watts of MH and CFL, will veg for another week or so, then flip....

new pics tomorrow, after they perk from the transplant.......

nugbuckets

alright, my soil is as follows......approx.

roots (regular)-10 parts
farfard 52 mix -5 parts
ewc-4 parts (home-made)
perlite- 2 parts

indonesian guano
azomite trace minerals
dolomite (high mag)

mixed, and sprayed with 2 gal. compost tea (roots organism, guano, ewc and sucanat)

let sit for four weeks.

nutes (very lightly) 200-400 ppm

roots bloom
roots trinity
roots HPK
G.O. cal/mag
organic sucanat.

Rustyjay

Everything looks in good order here, damn I like the cross. I can't wait to see what ya get, sounds really interesting.

nugbuckets

thanks fellas! now the trick is going to now exactly when to flip, so i don't out grow my space....i want a nice even sea of green, without any overcrowding. ...can't wait!

Latest posts

Latest posts