What's new

Soma Lavender Undercurrent 12k

After a year of struggling with soil and barely getting by, I've finally found my sweet spot, Undercurrent. Big ups to desert squirrel, DHF, and Heath for sharing such valuable knowledge.

Room is 15x18, hoods are block busters. Exhaust is a 12" max fan and intake is 8" max..definitely about to step that up. nutes nothing but heavy 16 at 5-650 ppm and this week (9th on monday) overdrive at 400ppm. Zone and h2o2 have been used throughout the grow to battle rot. Stones were less than ideal some 2" gray round ones and some 4" and 6" blue ecosticks. Less than ideal yet quality has blown me away and I keepin my fingers crossed on the yield. This is my first undercurrent grow btw.

Leaks were a problem and but were mended with JB weld, I trust that CC will replace them. Smell is sweet skunky grape with dense flowers. Some of the leaves have a pretty dark red/rose color to them. Training was a simple super crop pinching and bending the girls into submission. some are leaning so much that bricks and cinder blocks had to be used to weight down the net pots as they were falling over.

DSCN1711.jpg

DSCN1712.jpg

DSCN1714.jpg

DSCN1715.jpg

DSCN1716.jpg

DSCN1723.jpg
the roots smell like ass so glad to be through with this grow.

Adrift

Veteran
what a pretty room!!!!!

love the colors, and i bet she smokes real nice!!!!

happy farming

all 10 of mine germed and sprouted, quality of stock depends on where you order from..it appears that the boo is sellin that boo.

G

Guest 168361

damn that shit looks great....lavender is one of my favorites....such an exotic flavor

the plants don't seem to mind the extra light, my patients definitely appreciate the extra meds aswell. Next run im gonna throw a few rockwool cubes in there to bump up the yield even more.

I'm gonna run her for another week or so with a 3-4 day flush with ice blocks in rez to bring the color out even more.

I love the simplicity of the system, I changed the rez twice. I added raw nutes straight to the epicenter, I probably shouldn't do that but it worked ok. I got some nitric acid for ph down which I love. top off is straight RO. chiller is two ecoplus 1/2 hp's with a 3000gph pond master sitting in the epi running it through them. I went overkill on the pumps using a danner 1800gph and a 2400gph . if one pump fucks up there's still adequate circulation. Eventually I want to get a Little Giant or anything else better than a danner.

My seeds were fem in the breeder packs as well but what I was implying is you probably got old stock.

Easygrowing

Veteran
SHIT !! and it,s all yours lol..so pretty wiew
one of the most beautiful plants..Hope you will show some more of them..
they deserved it ...
Enjoy that -man man man wauww

Thank ya'll for the positive vibes and rep. yes they are 8" blockbusters with a 12" max fan blowin through em.

The immense color was achieved by mistake/laziness, the nights were quite colder(55F) than recommended even in early flower. I eventually put a small heater in there in hopes of increasing yield but did away with it at wk6. Looks like the yield will be ok though, 18lbs would be tits(3/4lb per plant). The plants are supporting each other if they were more spaced out they'd be sagging like crazy. still keepin em at 400 ppm, they've damn near eaten up an $80 gallon of overdrive. Things are startin to get pretty cloudy so I'll pull next week, just a bit unsure on the flush. It seems the general consensus is 3-4 days and some say taper ppms. I'd love some input as I'm a hydro noob.

I'll try to get some more shots. Just got some pre98 bubba, mango, sweet tooth #3, female seeds pure ak, fms bubble gummer, herijuana, and nirvana white widow beans. I plan on testing them in 4" rockwool. have like 8 connoisseur gdp seedlings and 15 og chems pretty stoked on them as they are already smelling funky and looking colorful. Any tips on rockwool growing would be much appreciated, is flushing it every so often mandatory?

Also got 3 magenta99s that i selected out of 12(thanks for the extra bean DG ;) they are vigorous and hardy as hell, growth and root wise, and display the highly sought after berry smell and have some purple on the nodes. One appears to be the green pheno. I'm a die hard purple fan I just need something that yields more than the lav and more resinous.

Thanks for stopping by and best wishes to those who've wished me well!